Watercooled Case Gallery

Soldato
Think I win the prize for worst water cooling project ever!
I look through these pages and am blow away by the creativity and dedication people have put into their set ups. Clean lines, perfect bends beautiful lighting.........Isn't it about time we just see some turd!

well you're in luck! just keep scrolling.

So one morning a guy from work brings in 3 massive sheets of pink acrylic he saw a builder throwing into a skip. I asked What he plans to do with it? He replied "I dunno"
2 years later the stuff is still sitting at the back of the work shop collecting dust doing nothing. "if only I could use it for something, I mean it is a pretty fetching colour"
So I started by cutting some strips of acrylic then heating and bending them round some MDF.

7Z9JrPt.jpg

I made 2 of these parts and cut them to lengh

vqjQjNQ.jpg

Next I waited 2 weeks for a G1/4 tap to arrive from China, I'm not willing to pay the extra pound to get one from the UK, which came from China!

sHCpmKd.jpg

Then I acrylic welded the two halves together and set out the various ports on the back

AVy88hG.jpg

Drilled and tapped the holes and cut the shape on the bandsaw.

nk4It22.jpg

Next I welded the back on and added some deflectors, I dont know why I added them but my other reservoir has then so why not, I mean they do nothing other than look trash and help to send micro bubbles back round the loop!

FKodm49.jpg

And here it is done. The ugliest, worst ever made pink reservoir.

kFYRIKl.jpg

While I was at it I also made a base plate for the bottom of the PC case. I've seen ones other people have made and they look fantastic....Mine on the other hand just looks like Katy prices washing up board.

05oyJuy.jpg

I removed half the loop. I set the draining bored in place and fitted the compression fittings.

Zl1uGPc.jpg

Added the pumps and drain lines to the res. SC600 pumps from China if any ones interested. they move a surprising amount of water and are quieter than my old EK 4.0 pump. How long they will last who knows.

a37g6O5.jpg

Hard line tubing is so last year so I'm reusing all my old flexi tube fittings and going back to the 00's
Look at these bends pretty tight eh?

WUzI001.jpg

With every thing buttoned down I set out filling the loops up and leak testing. I also went with the worst 2 colours I could think of just to give the loop that je ne sais quoi.

And Finally the moment you've all been waiting for. The big reveal.
Voila!

4dB5XvU.jpg

Rip me all you can :) this project was more about learning to work with acrylic than any thing else and seeing as the total cost was about a tenner I'm not fussed. this system will soon be broken down as the upgrade bug has bitten.

Hopefully you got a laugh out of all this, I did :)

Last edited:
Associate
Nice @Chaos666, if front rad is gone, where is the res / pump mounted to ? :)

Also EVGA Powerlink in there, very nice ;)
fun story ... i ordered evga power link and they send me two by mystake :>

Front fan I would guess.

exactly ..same mounting spot.... just no radiator :>
yfz0fKw.jpg

i was planning to hide that "box" from the light strip but I'll be changing my case soon probably so i didn't bother

R55xzCj.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
My mini-itx build at 11.5L volume, reused as many parts and possible hence the beat up old rad. Wish I could watercool my gpu but it runs extremely quiet and is only a 1060 and due to the huge 2.5 cooler I had to rip it off and stick a 15mm slim fan on it.

Somehow managed to fit a D5 pump in there too!

SFgifmo.jpg

qawcLLf.jpg

q7UWDq6.jpg

we9tap8.jpg

Soldato
IMG_4954.jpg

IMG_4954.jpg

Associate
Completed my first watercooled build recently, it all went smoothly no leaks or issues, largely thanks to advice from members of this forum.

Thought I'd share the results :)

YHsFU

Associate
My camera is awful, my cable management is awful and my rad is caked in dust but this took ages.

P4RASm7.png

Upgraded to ryzen and happy with it so far, RAM overclocked to 3300ish MHz, CPU at just over 4Ghz.

Controversially my loop goes GPU > CPU.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished redoing my loop after breaking down my existing 390 crossfire setup.

It's been a wee bit painful waiting for over a week for EK to get the Vega FC waterblock and backplate to me. Well worth it now though, so pleased with temps and performance. Just got some finishing touches but it's now back in a usable state again.

36799306995_a281447bf9_b.jpg

Permabanned
Thats how my build looks. For me only external radiators are an option. 14 years ago used to have DIY water cooling with car radiator and cpu block my mate CNCd from block of copper since was no ready kits back then. Ofc using mains powered pump back then :D
Anyway Monster overkill build. If calculating 120mm/100w this is 1100w cooling power. When playing Wow in 3D 2100mhz on my Titan. It stays 2-3 above ambient temperature :]

Soldato
Finished hopefully until the next Ti :). Really happy with how the new colour/theme has turned out.

Taken without all the flashy lights as my camera doesn't pick them up brilliantly. Not really a fan of RGB and only have the board on white anyway :D
I7tpoLg.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
@chroniclard 2 D5 pumps? Woah that stuff must be swimming about at a hundred miles an hour in a case that size :)

I love the Phanteks case.

Picture with the side off so we could see more would be nice.

@tyler_jrb Aww deleted picture before I even saw it :(

Associate
My (extremely) humble, budget build. Consists of a Rainintek triton (regularly inspected for cracks/leaks), rad replaced with a 360mm one and an R9 Nano.

Overall, I like the simplicity since everything is just on one side. Temps are decent too, 68c on the 2600k at 4.5ghz and 47c on the nano at 1050mhz after running furmark and prime for 15mins.

When I do decide to do a full 'proper' loop, I think I'll look for a waterblock/pump/res combo (if they exist?) Also I've fixed the kink on the GPU
uP0rvNg.png

Permabanned
@chroniclard 2 D5 pumps? Woah that stuff must be swimming about at a hundred miles an hour in a case that size :)

I love the Phanteks case.

Picture with the side off so we could see more would be nice.

Cant see a whole lot more with the side off. Res top right, 2 pumps are set to lowest speed. Front rad bottom right(hdd cages removed), can see the two fans there.

Not actually sure I have the reservoir setup right, the right hand side shows water movement but the left doesn't appear to be doing a lot....but thats another thread. :)

Next upgrade will go for braided cables and try and make it tidier.

dADuQyE.jpg

Back
Top Bottom