Watercooled Case Gallery

Soldato
Looks excellent only thing that's throwing it for me is the large curved pipe from gpu to rad, it's spoiling the straight lines you have every where else. I'd maybe change it out for two straight tubes and a 90 elbow.

Other than that it looks great.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Looks excellent only thing that's throwing it for me is the large curved pipe from gpu to rad, it's spoiling the straight lines you have every where else. I'd maybe change it out for two straight tubes and a 90 elbow.

Other than that it looks great.

I'd agree to be honest, as I was just experimenting with bottom bit of PETG but I'll probably change it next week. I've also got some acrylic on the way to make a PSU shroud.

Soldato
Upgraded from a 4820K to a Ryzen Threadripper 1920X

Just a quicky, what pipe is that? I'm sorting out a "just barbs" build but i'm always worried about the unsecured hose. I was thinking of a few spring clamps but the bare barbs look really nice.

On a completely unrelated note, when did the forum loose all of it's old images? I just went to check out my old WC system and there's just a bunch of
[IMG ] tags :(

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Just a quicky, what pipe is that? I'm sorting out a "just barbs" build but i'm always worried about the unsecured hose. I was thinking of a few spring clamps but the bare barbs look really nice.
It's a mix of primochill advanced LRT and EK Duraclear 16/11mm (7/16") hose. I bought the primochill hose when I built the i7 system and used up the spare length I had, but didn't have enough. OCUK no longer sell it so I bought the closest hose I could get to finish it off. No idea on how the EK hose will hold up against the primochill. It looks damn near identical but that doesn't mean it behaves the same. I had no trouble with plasticiser leeching out over 3 years with the primochill, just mild staining of the hose from the coolant colour.

I've been considering adding some nice stainless norma clamps to mine just for safeties sake. Provided you do not reuse old hose or detach and reattach hoses, it seems to stay put. It's a serious PITA to get 7/16" hose over a 1/2" barb in the first place, even after the hose has sat in boiling water for a minute.

Associate
Small update on Project Water 3.0

What a beauty!

RSR, Can you help me please!?
I'm building a water cooled custom loop and being my very first one i am looking at all those fittings like a stupid (what i am). The only thing i know is that i would like to use clear PETG 16mm as tubing.
The system is very similar with yours but i have XSPC radiators (AX360 top + AX280 front) and XSPC D5 pump with res and XSPC Raystorm Pro CPU waterblock.
Can you tell me, please, what fitting do i need?
Cheers!

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I think this covers all the fittings in my loop, I also have a number of spares so I can change stuff about.

MBEM4OA.png

A advanced warning about Bitspower fittings they are not cheap, unfortunately I live at the other end of the country.

Associate
I think this covers all the fittings in my loop, I also have a number of spares so I can change stuff about.
A advanced warning about Bitspower fittings they are not cheap, unfortunately I live at the other end of the country.

Thank you a lot RSR!
About the tubes, do you have an advice? I would like to use clear PET 16mm OD but i dont know what brand and what internal diameter should be....

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Thank you a lot RSR!
About the tubes, do you have an advice? I would like to use clear PET 16mm OD but i dont know what brand and what internal diameter should be....

That's not a problem, please bear in mind those fittings are bespoke to my setup so your millage may vary.

This is the stuff I use, Bitspower 16mm OD and you'll also need the silicon insert for shaping the tubing.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £14.38
(includes shipping: £3.48)

Associate
That's not a problem, please bear in mind those fittings are bespoke to my setup so your millage may vary.

This is the stuff I use, Bitspower 16mm OD and you'll also need the silicon insert for shaping the tubing.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £14.38
(includes shipping: £3.48)

Thank you a lot, again, RSR!
How many 25mm extenders and how many 20mm do you got? The description and the codes are swapped in the list.
Also, is there any barb or compression fitting?
As you said... those are not cheap... usually i would buy a bunch of them and then start to play to see what and how, but with those prices... better ask and get only what i need... maybe will need one or other bit different but still better :D

And... is possible to change my mind about tube, i mean the idea to use flexible tubes start to gain control over hard tubes (PETG) because its much easy for a beginner and i've read you can't use nuke solution from Mayhem with PETG. Any advice here, as well, is more than welcome.
Would be the fittings different for flexible tube?
Cheers!

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
How many 25mm extenders and how many 20mm do you got? The description and the codes are swapped in the list.

It should be 4x 25mm and 1x20mm.

Also, is there any barb or compression fitting?

Just compression

And... is possible to change my mind about tube, i mean the idea to use flexible tubes start to gain control over hard tubes (PETG) because its much easy for a beginner and i've read you can't use nuke solution from Mayhem with PETG. Any advice here, as well, is more than welcome.
Would be the fittings different for flexible tube?

You need to me mindful of what works with your chosen W/C setup. Yes, soft tubing will need different fittings.

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
My pump recently broke:/ so it was opportunity to revise my setup.

Got myself phanteks CPU block - this thing looks amazing, from the box, to quality of the block itself...
Seems massive in comparison to my previous EK EVO. RGB LEDs are implemented perfectly so you can create really nice effects.

As my case is phanteks evolv ATX with restricted top decided to go with one rad EK 360 PE in the front +3 x ML 120, front panel slightly spaced out to give more airflow. Only one 140 exhausting in the back and one at the top.

Loop bends don't make sense;] but still learning to bend PETG...

qDQ1FTel.jpg
Q8FadLgl.jpg
KK3jyCll.jpg
jlBrT5Ql.jpg

Associate
My pump recently broke:/ so it was opportunity to revise my setup.

Got myself phanteks CPU block - this thing looks amazing, from the box, to quality of the block itself...
Seems massive in comparison to my previous EK EVO. RGB LEDs are implemented perfectly so you can create really nice effects.

As my case is phanteks evolv ATX with restricted top decided to go with one rad EK 360 PE in the front +3 x ML 120, front panel slightly spaced out to give more airflow. Only one 140 exhausting in the back and one at the top.

Loop bends don't make sense;] but still learning to bend PETG...

Looks perfect and i love it except that loop from GPU to CPU :D
What coolant did you use? Any additive?
Cheers!

Associate
Thanks guys.

Yeah, didn't know how to move from gpu to cpu as they don't allign in a straight line, so I would have to do some sort of bend.

It's just clear EK cryofuel.

Back
Top Bottom