Watercooled Case Gallery

Soldato
So here is mine- the old girl is getting replaced in the coming weeks.
1K3FRkxNZG6_hU8X7teJMIhqF-bZzcjqW

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Replaced my original EK TR4 waterblock with a new sTR4 full nickel version which I found in the B grade section. Also added my GTX 780 back into the water loop too.

Soldato
OP
IMG_2535.JPG

Fractal Design
DDC with XSPC Reservoir
MSI Seahawk 1070 with EK fullcover (full load for Folding@Home @2075MHz at 37C)
No-name Chinese waterblock from wish.com cooling a 2600K
Two Alphacool 240mm rads. Front one is attached to front 140mm case fan with a 140mm/120mm converter.
16/10mm Mayhems with XSPC compression fittings.

Associate
So I just wanted to swap my old parts into a new case with a glass side panel but it slowly became a whole new project....Tinkering as we say in the water cooling world. Still thinking of different things I want to do but leaving it alone for a while now. ;)

CPU and GPU in parallel - Side mount bracket without cutting/bodging the case
The temp sensors wired in but it needs to be hooked up to a display. Will post back with stats and temps. :)
Alphacool XT 420mm Top
Alphacool Monsta 280mm Front
Phanteks Entho Pro SE glass side panel
XSPC Dual D5 Bay, 2 x Alphacool D5 VPP655 vario both at 1000rpm
All EKWB Fittings, EKWB mono block and GPU block, 10/13 EK Dura clear tubing
Mayhems X1 Clear Coolant

dbryw9.jpg

2qs740g.jpg

xf5fd5.jpg

34s1ajb.jpg

2s7j0hh.jpg

Soldato
Very nice^
I have the same case with the vertical bracket currently, CPU and GPU on air and considerring going under again.
Can I please see how you have connected the CPU and GPU to the loop? You say parallel but cant seem to see clearly :) How do you find the temps? if you have checked, are they different from having CPU and GPU serial?

Associate
Very nice^
I have the same case with the vertical bracket currently, CPU and GPU on air and considerring going under again.
Can I please see how you have connected the CPU and GPU to the loop? You say parallel but cant seem to see clearly :) How do you find the temps? if you have checked, are they different from having CPU and GPU serial?

I've never really done a serial loop so cant compare but with modern blocks and pumps these days loop order and layouts don't really make that much difference from what I've read and experienced my self. you could do this build with one D5 and run on level 2 without much issue but obviously use decent rads.

The Hoses are connected to the GPU with a Y rotary on the back side of the GPU.

RES> Front Rad>hose routed to the backside of case into GPU with a Y splitter to CPU out of CPU into the Y splitter which connects to the output of the GPU > back to top rad > RES

2jdkemu.jpg

Temps are pretty much what I'd expected. CPU idle sitting nicely at 25c normal desktop use is around 30-35c never goes above 35c.
On load using aida 64 CPU stress 100% for 20mins the CPU sits comfortably at 50c VRM sits at 38c/40c - Ryzen 7 1700X @ 4.00Ghz

On my bench test (open bench) with air before it all went water cooled the CPU on 100% load would hit around 80c VRM was around 50c stock AM4 air cooler nothing fancy.

GPU 1070 OC idle - 28c / Load - 32c/35c

Fans run on PWM and don't really go above 700Rpm unless the CPU sits at 100% for 10mins which it will never do. What I don't have to hand at the minute is water temp. From my previous build water temp was around 27c iirc. Need to put a sensor on air in too or room temp.

Soldato
I've never really done a serial loop so cant compare but with modern blocks and pumps these days loop order and layouts don't really make that much difference from what I've read and experienced my self. you could do this build with one D5 and run on level 2 without much issue but obviously use decent rads.

The Hoses are connected to the GPU with a Y rotary on the back side of the GPU.

RES> Front Rad>hose routed to the backside of case into GPU with a Y splitter to CPU out of CPU into the Y splitter which connects to the output of the GPU > back to top rad > RES
2jdkemu.jpg
Temps are pretty much what I'd expected. CPU idle sitting nicely at 25c normal desktop use is around 30-35c never goes above 35c.
On load using aida 64 CPU stress 100% for 20mins the CPU sits comfortably at 50c VRM sits at 38c/40c - Ryzen 7 1700X @ 4.00Ghz

On my bench test (open bench) with air before it all went water cooled the CPU on 100% load would hit around 80c VRM was around 50c stock AM4 air cooler nothing fancy.

GPU 1070 OC idle - 28c / Load - 32c/35c

Fans run on PWM and don't really go above 700Rpm unless the CPU sits at 100% for 10mins which it will never do. What I don't have to hand at the minute is water temp. From my previous build water temp was around 27c iirc. Need to put a sensor on air in too or room temp.

Thank you
Interesting that you have used Y rotaries! I too have 2 x D5s but not a drive bay res(tube res, but a 250ml one I think it may be a bit too big, may have to get a smaller one)
Got a 1800X at 4.25Ghz all core using Pstates using offset voltage(max 1.345v) - on a NH-D15 SE-AM4 - idle at 10c over ambient(35C with room temp at 25C) and when gaming sessions reach 40 over ambient(65C but core barely reach even 60% - Ryzen FTW!)
GPU is 1080 Ti Palit Super JetStream - which is hard to find a more common EK type full cover blocks but i have seen Beski blocks elsewhere.
I might give it a go just for the CPU loop at least for now. Thanks again, very much helpful :)

Associate
Little update to the FT02.

Additional UT240 rad plus 2 x ML120 fans.
Alphacool Radeon VII block
Water temp sensor (Monsoon) attached to ebay display
Drain ball valve
Mayhems tubing replacing the Alphacool tubing.
Home made RGB lighting.

Did my measurements carefully and everything fits.

l9dJS8S.jpg

Soldato
I thought i would give this watercooling lark a go. Original plan was to just buy the watercooling stuff and that's it, instead i ended up buying a new rig apart from the case and gpu.

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula
Intel i9 9900k
Gigabyte Auros Extreme 2080ti
Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition 3600Mhz 16GB Ram
Asus ROG Thor 850W PSU

Then a load of lights and watercooling thingy bobs.

ZuolqkN.jpg.png

Soldato
I thought i would give this watercooling lark a go. Original plan was to just buy the watercooling stuff and that's it, instead i ended up buying a new rig apart from the case and gpu.

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula
Intel i9 9900k
Gigabyte Auros Extreme 2080ti
Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition 3600Mhz 16GB Ram
Asus ROG Thor 850W PSU

Then a load of lights and watercooling thingy bobs.

ZuolqkN.jpg.png
That is absolutely gorgeous, what fluid did you use? And how do I mount my gpu like that!

Back
Top Bottom