Watercooled Case Gallery

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Measuring Latency Mon with the system and how stable 1000Hz polling rate for mice is with the board using mouse tester. https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/8c86ep/help_understanding_mousetester_graphs/

I've always read mixed results with different boards.

Oh cool, ill have a read with that. I know I wasn't planning to use this board in my gaming rig as I wanted to save it for the bench stuff so it may yet get replaced.

I know it feels a lot smoother than my Asus X299 setup in gaming.

Associate
I will update later if you need more but here is another older picture. Anything you specifically need info or pictures on? I’ll post my thoughts and tips on the case in a spoiler below.

I have as current just the bottom and top 360mm radiators the side I removed in favour of noise performance and as a side fresh air intake. Hasn’t made much difference to temps that I can notice. But it is quieter as I can run 3 fans slower and I have covered the side panel intake so it pulls air through the back of the case. Much quieter too.

A rad in the back is hard work and will only fit a EKWB 360 SE slim radiator. And even then the front headers such as the usb-c block had to be cut down.

The rest has been relatively easy. Bottom is the same 28mm Ekwb SE slim. Top is a 38mm Ekwb PE, I wouldn’t recommend any thicker due to motherboard clearances.

Temps are good at around 45c max on the gpu and around 60-65c max (gaming) on the cpu which is a 9900k at 5.2ghz Delidded. Rear of the case and side door is noise cancelling foam padded to reduce noise.

Thanks for this. 1 question. How is the tube from top rad to bottom run? Behind the MB tray? I'd have to go skinny side rad as my M.2 sticks out of the bottom of my MB. To combat the MB USB header issue I'll have to have fans on MB side of case and rad in the power supply side. Fitting 120mm fans on the bottom as intakes was tight. I'll never get a rad in there. Which pump is that btw?

Soldato
Thanks for this. 1 question. How is the tube from top rad to bottom run? Behind the MB tray? I'd have to go skinny side rad as my M.2 sticks out of the bottom of my MB. To combat the MB USB header issue I'll have to have fans on MB side of case and rad in the power supply side. Fitting 120mm fans on the bottom as intakes was tight. I'll never get a rad in there. Which pump is that btw?

The tube is ran behind the mobo tray yes. It goes via a 90 degree fitting and through (just) the first cutout in the bottom then ran up the tray and through the last cutout in the top to another 90 degree fitting. If you do this yourself then I’d recommend using 13/10 tube for this run as I’ve used 16/10 and it makes it quite tough. As the top fitting I had to dremel out a section on one of the fan corners to take pressure off the elbow. Should be fine with a 13/10 fitting.

As well as the tube had to be fitted to the rad then the rad fitted as you just cannot get to the fitting to tighten it once it’s in place.

You could likely drill a pass through near the side fans and go from there which is what I’ll be doing at some point to make the run easier.

The pump is just an Ekwb D5 pwm with 140 reservoir.

This model:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...revo-d5-pwm-incl.-sleeved-pump-wc-9e1-ek.html

Multi-port top
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-res-x3-multiport-top-wc-831-ek.html

Pump to fan bracket
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-uni-pump-bracket-120mm-fan-wc-913-ek.html

Associate
Hello All,
I'm currently doing my first watercooled build and I would like some advice please.
I am going to be using hard tubes that I will be bending myself but the space around the radiator openings are quite tight on both rads.
My case is a Lian Li 011 Dynamic. I have installed a intake rad on the side with an exhaust rad on top with 3 120mm fans on both.
I would like to know what fittings would be best coming from the rads as I won't have enough space to do the 90 degree bends.
Should I use the 90 degree fittings or the 45 degree ones.
Also I would be grateful if someone could give me an idea (or point me in the right direction) on the best way to route the tubing.
Thanks in advance
Dave

QiRF4N4
qKKuQuD
cRuDOGA
tX6BSoC

Last edited:
Soldato
Downsized further from a H200i. Louque Ghost S1 with a 9900k & 2080 Ti. Really wish they would make stronger pumps, it's a shame the apogee drive is so difficult to source.

20190504-200929.jpg

20190502-221709-2.jpg

20190502-221511-2.jpg

Associate
Hi, i think this is the best place to make this question:

I would like to find a case that can manage two 360 - 60mm thickness radiator, it's very hard to find radiator clearance for most of the cases.... budget below 200€....
There is other thing that i've to consider, is that i've a sanso pump and a stand alone reservoir, so i need a little more space than the combo reservoir...

Could someone please help me?
Thanks a lot.

Soldato
Just fancied a change from the usual white coolant, black fittings and clear tubing. I feel there is too much black now so may put some white carbon plates in as the next project.

Happy with how it has turned out though, good tube the zmt stuff as was sick of the clear stuff always going cloudy.

Edited: updated photos.

gnLqXsc.jpg

u1KQENr.jpg

G1nMVAv.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Just fancied a change from the usual white coolant, black fittings and clear tubing. I feel there is too much black now so may put some white carbon plates in as the next project.

Happy with how it has turned out though, good tube the zmt stuff as was sick of the clear stuff always going cloudy.

Very nice mate, don’t usually like soft tube but the chunky black stuff and subtle colour looks ace. Tidy!

Also good to see the Ti and Nickel blocks in place as I’m yet to put mine in since last year :D

Soldato
Very nice mate, don’t usually like soft tube but the chunky black stuff and subtle colour looks ace. Tidy!

Also good to see the Ti and Nickel blocks in place as I’m yet to put mine in since last year :D

Thanks mate :D

The blocks are extremely good, you want to get them fitted! Really do run well.

I used to have hard tube but was just too much of a pain as flexi is much easier to work with. Plus I really like the look of the black zmt stuff and it’s maintenance free so lasts for years without issue. And it’s extremely cheap too.

I’ve built back up my original Corsair 900D with 2x 480 rads, dual pumps etc :p, with the same color scheme which looks even better I think so may post a few more pics over the coming days once it’s all setup.

I’m just in the process of storing this in my storage cupboard for silence. I’ve already done tests with my lian-li case and while it does get a little warm in there temps only increase by 2-3c across the board (47c ish on the gpu). Hense me moving to the 900D as it was stored in there anyway so makes sense to utilise it’s extra cooling for further silence. It’s quite well vented inside so it copes well. Storing in there is like having the system in another room. So it is extremely quiet which is the main thing I’m after currently.

Soldato
Thanks mate :D

The blocks are extremely good, you want to get them fitted! Really do run well.

I used to have hard tube but was just too much of a pain as flexi is much easier to work with. Plus I really like the look of the black zmt stuff and it’s maintenance free so lasts for years without issue. And it’s extremely cheap too.

I’ve built back up my original Corsair 900D with 2x 480 rads, dual pumps etc :p, with the same color scheme which looks even better I think so may post a few more pics over the coming days once it’s all setup.

I’m just in the process of storing this in my storage cupboard for silence. I’ve already done tests with my lian-li case and while it does get a little warm in there temps only increase by 2-3c across the board (47c ish on the gpu). Hense me moving to the 900D as it was stored in there anyway so makes sense to utilise it’s extra cooling for further silence. It’s quite well vented inside so it copes well. Storing in there is like having the system in another room. So it is extremely quiet which is the main thing I’m after currently.

I have one in the block sat on the office sofa, one in the test bench on air (it’s my temp rig) and a very large amount of half finished build going on ;). 1000D mod, I wish I was doing soft tube but alas stainless steel xD

Man of Honour

gnLqXsc.jpg

u1KQENr.jpg

G1nMVAv.jpg
Very smexy, me likey :cool:

Soldato
I have one in the block sat on the office sofa, one in the test bench on air (it’s my temp rig) and a very large amount of half finished build going on ;). 1000D mod, I wish I was doing soft tube but alas stainless steel xD

I was tempted to swap to the 1000D but i already have a midplate and half the stuff still in the 900 so thought may as well stick with what ive got. Stainless steel :eek::cool: now you're talking! stop giving me ideas :p.

I remember seeing your build log a while back, hope to see it finished at some point. Some very nice stuff in there.

Soldato
I remember seeing your build log a while back, hope to see it finished at some point. Some very nice stuff in there.

Defo some updates to the thread coming, been mega busy but just finished off the metal work so get that anodised and then just find someone who isn’t useless to fab my acrylic models.

Soldato
Defo some updates to the thread coming, been mega busy but just finished off the metal work so get that anodised and then just find someone who isn’t useless to fab my acrylic models.

Will look forward to that then as was looking extremely good. Especially the custom panels, great design work.

I’ve just finished mine off last night, to the point it’s now running. But I still have a few things left to do. New coolant, carbon effect the internal plates. Hopefully a new acrylic window as the original 900D is smoked which I’m not so keen on.

Got it all installed and cabled up last night and tested this morning and is a huge difference noise wise. Temps are also very good.

It’s that quiet, I’m looking for a new phone charger as I can hear the whine off that now instead :p.

Back
Top Bottom