Watercooled Case Gallery

Soldato
What are you ACTUALLY going to use it for?

There's almost no real world app that would get you to 100%.. the idea that 2 thick 360s couldn't deal with a CPU and GPU is crazy. In recent years we do seem to have become over sensitive about this sort of thing.

Also, CPU temp isn't water temp, you may well find that adding the GPU makes basically no difference to the CPU temp.

I have my 5800x and 3080fe in a loop with 2x 360 and 1 280 and it's hugely within the safe area and that's with just pull fans on basically silent.

yeah guess your right but i have a very good sample (golden like) 4090 strix oc that does 3160mhz sustainable in the most heavy workload games and does not break a sweat...
most 4090s cant get that with air i think i got lucky..
though i did buy some gelid extreme thermal pads to use instead of the ones that come with the ek quantium vector2 for better memory temps. *memory on this card though also runs good @1500mhz without any issues* though i havent tried higher and i wouldnt even want to unless i was trying to break records though thats something i dont want to do, just want a good build for gaming :)

Soldato
yeah guess your right but i have a very good sample (golden like) 4090 strix oc that does 3160mhz sustainable in the most heavy workload games and does not break a sweat...
most 4090s cant get that with air i think i got lucky..
though i did buy some gelid extreme thermal pads to use instead of the ones that come with the ek quantium vector2 for better memory temps. *memory on this card though also runs good @1500mhz without any issues* though i havent tried higher and i wouldnt even want to unless i was trying to break records though thats something i dont want to do, just want a good build for gaming :)

You sound like you're down the same rabbit hole I was like 15 years ago. A secret... Your overclock when you have top of the range stuff makes literally zero difference to your real world experience.

Benching yes, actually using no.

Soldato
You sound like you're down the same rabbit hole I was like 15 years ago. A secret... Your overclock when you have top of the range stuff makes literally zero difference to your real world experience.

Benching yes, actually using no.

the rabbit hole indeed... :) though if i can play any games issue free then im happy :D

Soldato
thats the reason then mate why your running lower temps if those 3 settings are not maxed out....
but im intrested in your temps and cpu wattage pull and your edc/tdc and ppt ;) to see how far off max they are aswell as what your single thread cores are boosting to ;)
i use HWINFO64 ;) and aida64 ;)
The max levels in my bios
From memory are extremely high
Top end motherboard x570 crosshair extreme

Got PPT 210
TDC 150
EDC 140
Set for 4.5ghz all core
Bios values from memory go miles higher at max
Like crazy sort of you better use liquid nitrogen levels
Guy i got the board from pushed his 5950x to
I think 4.7ghz all core on this board

Single thread boost is 5050mhz
Not actually tried to push single core

Cinebench r23
all core drawing 180w and 64c
Single core is only showing 79w which seems low at 47c
Though rebooted twice now
And still shows the same Watts

Been a long hard day
But can't see what could be reading wrong
Double checked in ryzen master too

Edit
Max single core now shows 93w
2nd edit
Coolant temp 24c

Last edited:
Soldato
The max levels in my bios
From memory are extremely high
Top end motherboard x570 crosshair extreme

Got PPT 210
TDC 150
EDC 140
Set for 4.5ghz all core
Bios values from memory go miles higher at max
Like crazy sort of you better use liquid nitrogen levels
Guy i got the board from pushed his 5950x to
I think 4.7ghz all core on this board

Single thread boost is 5050mhz
Not actually tried to push single core

Cinebench r23
all core drawing 180w and 64c
Single core is only showing 79w which seems low at 47c
Though rebooted twice now
And still shows the same Watts

Been a long hard day
But can't see what could be reading wrong
Double checked in ryzen master too

Edit
Max single core now shows 93w

Thanks for your information pal, yeah i see now why your temps are drasticlly lower than mine as your only pushing 180w not 251w like i am lol i might need to rethink this overclock hahaha cause all i want is decent gaming i already get 5.1-5.2 single thread and 4.5-4.6ghz all core but i might be able to get that if i also lower power as i think im overkilling power when i can reduce and still get same or so scores and drastic lower temps lol

Soldato
Thanks for your information pal, yeah i see now why your temps are drasticlly lower than mine as your only pushing 180w not 251w like i am lol i might need to rethink this overclock hahaha cause all i want is decent gaming i already get 5.1-5.2 single thread and 4.5-4.6ghz all core but i might be able to get that if i also lower power as i think im overkilling power when i can reduce and still get same or so scores and drastic lower temps lol
Yeah think you may be
Pushing more PPT,TDC,EDC than required

Soldato
Yeah think you may be
Pushing more PPT,TDC,EDC than required

hehe, just tested your ppt/tdc/edc settings and got max temps of 65c :D:D
single core speeds are roughly the same but that low of a ppt/tdc/edc is causing me to have much lower multithread speeds : 4.5-4.6 down to 4.3-4.4 hehe
also you didnt say but what vcore voltage you using ?? is it fixed or just auto :)

Soldato
Sorry typically shut the pc down now
But didn't increase voltage

If you use ryzen master before commiting to bios
You can see % usage of PPT,TDC,EDC
I did a little juggling act between the 3 of them
Started at default
Add 10 to one value see how close to 100% usage
Then when it was 100% usage or very close
Moved to the next one and added 10 to value
Check % usage etc
Watch clock speed for all core while doing this
You will reach a point where all core clock speeds
Will actually drop even though you're
Giving it more power
Or one of PPT,TDC,EDC will even go over 100%
When you want 98--100% area

I may have tweaked some other stuff after that
Don't quite remember lol
But that would have been something pretty minor
Basically PPT,TDC,EDC adjustment did most of the job for me

Edited
This guy explains it probably way better
Than I did

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry typically shut the pc down now
But didn't increase voltage

If you use ryzen master before commiting to bios
You can see % usage of PPT,TDC,EDC
I did a little juggling act between the 3 of them
Started at default
Add 10 to one value see how close to 100% usage
Then when it was 100% usage or very close
Moved to the next one and added 10 to value
Check % usage etc
Watch clock speed for all core while doing this
You will reach a point where all core clock speeds
Will actually drop even though you're
Giving it more power
Or one of PPT,TDC,EDC will even go over 100%
When you want 98--100% area

I may have tweaked some other stuff after that
Don't quite remember lol
But that would have been something pretty minor
Basically PPT,TDC,EDC adjustment did most of the job for me

Edited
This guy explains it probably way better
Than I did

Thanks ;)

Soldato
OP
I get to update my thread!

thai-rig.JPG

Phanteks P500A. Phanteks M25-140 fans on the outside of the front connected with fan screws from the inside, then 360 60mm rad connected to the case with screws passed through the blades of the 140s on the front. Had to mod the front panel to fit 3 140s but it was just a matter of breaking off some plastic.

GPU is an Asus Dual OC 4070 Super with a Bykski 4070 TUF fullcover block which fortunately fits on the new super cards. 4070 is on 110% with a 50MHz and 1000MHz core and ram overclocks.

CPU block is an old EK on a 7700K on a Maximus IX Formula. CPU is on a 5GHz OC.

Roof rad is an old 240. roof and rear fans are ancient EZDIY-FAB 120s.

Computer is only used for internet use but gpu is running Folding@Home 24/7.

As I am in Thailand, my ambient is a little toasty. It's currently 23:10 and my room ambient is around 30c. GPU at full load is between 50-55c. CPU is only running one core for the Folding@Home so chugging along at a similar 50-55c.

Associate
1I9u8I7.jpg

M5OkrTs.jpeg

0uFPrZu.jpeg

I had such a nightmare with an AMD build with a motherboard slowly dying and eventually refusing to boot.

Decided to go back to team blue after giving team red a good try for a few years.

Had some fun trying to get the tubes to line up fairly straight. I cannot deal with hard tubing and I think the result is pretty good. Bit of a major sag situation on the GPU (looks a lot worse in the picture I think) but Lego is doing some heavy lifting and I physically can’t get it higher than that. It’s not too bad now.

Last edited:
Associate
SPGTjJh.jpeg

s7Hogfl.jpeg

I needed to borrow a stock cooler to test a new build and accidentally lost the backplate under the motherboard tray.

Needed to remove the motherboard so, perfect excuse to update the media PC in the Fractal Design Node 202.

I was so close to doing a mini custom loop in there but I thought I would give one of the EK 240mm AIOs a go. It actually fits with all the panels installed (will update a picture later.)

The tubes bend loads and actually angle at the CPU end so it wasn't even that bad.

Its got a Ryzen 7900X in there with no GPU, as it's not really being used for any graphics work.

The reason its a 7900X is that my Gigabyte motherboard failed, so I switched it up a bit and switched my main PC back to Intel.

Fun little project! You can fit a lot in this small case. I was close to getting my Nvidia GT1030 passive GPU in there and may still have a go at that with smaller fans and mods to the card.

Last edited:
Soldato
SPGTjJh.jpeg

s7Hogfl.jpeg

I needed to borrow a stock cooler to test a new build and accidentally lost the backplate under the motherboard tray.

Needed to remove the motherboard so, perfect excuse to update the media PC in the Fractal Design Node 202.

I was so close to doing a mini custom loop in there but I thought I would give one of the EK 240mm AIOs a go. It actually fits with all the panels installed (will update a picture later.)

The tubes bend loads and actually angle at the CPU end so it wasn't even that bad.

Its got a Ryzen 7900X in there with no GPU, as it's not really being used for any graphics work.

The reason its a 7900X is that my Gigabyte motherboard failed, so I switched it up a bit and switched my main PC back to Intel.

Fun little project! You can fit a lot in this small case. I was close to getting my Nvidia GT1030 passive GPU in there and may still have a go at that with smaller fans and mods to the card.

Would something like a RTX A2000 low profile fit in this? Or the 4060 LP? So much potential :D

Associate
Would something like a RTX A2000 low profile fit in this? Or the 4060 LP? So much potential :D
E5T3Y29.jpeg

6TznGgQ.jpeg

I just looked up the 4060 LP and that looks like an amazing small GPU!

The GT1030 I have will fit, but the fans won't. I measured it and I don't think smaller fans will work either.

One option is fans under the case and putting some larger feet on the case. That's probably the best option for a horizontal GPU using the Node 202 riser.

What I really need is a tiny GPU I can install 'normally' into the PCIE slot directly that is not wide.

I will probably leave it as it is for now as it is a media pc and isn't going to be doing much. But a dedicated GPU would always be welcome for a casual game.

Temps are actually amazing or rather clock speeds are fairly good, in comparison to when I had the 7900X in a custom loop.

Running the fans super low and the pump at full speed and I can barely hear it, which is the best thing.

I got the zip ties out and made sure I didn't put too much stress on the fittings by the radiator. The case closes normally now, without a problem.

Definitely a lot of potential in the case. Fun trying to fit in as much as possible!

Last edited:
Soldato
Not posted since my upgrade a week or two back... the pictures don't do it justive and tbh changes the colours massively, this whole build is TURQUISE and PINK but the camera phone over emphersises the colours and tbh completely changes them... however you get the idea... same case, just new gear inside... but yeah sooo happy with the loop water colour just a shame cooks completely different in the flesh as to these piccies... looks flippin blue and purple in these photos...

Mine is actually believe it or not the same colour as this...

53612727911_d4b35024cb_h.jpg

53612727906_11b8ff436f_h.jpg

53612727866_f0d8012180_h.jpg

53613069724_efb7941e26_h.jpg

53612937553_fd567d4a38_h.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Not posted since my upgrade a week or two back... the pictures don't do it justive and tbh changes the colours massively, this whole build is TURQUISE and PINK but the camera phone over emphersises the colours and tbh completely changes them... however you get the idea... same case, just new gear inside... but yeah sooo happy with the loop water colour just a shame cooks completely different in the flesh as to these piccies... looks flippin blue and purple in these photos...

Mine is actually believe it or not the same colour as this...

53612727911_d4b35024cb_h.jpg

53612727906_11b8ff436f_h.jpg

53612727866_f0d8012180_h.jpg

53613069724_efb7941e26_h.jpg

53612937553_fd567d4a38_h.jpg

Yeah it just looks blue to me :cry:, cameras for you unless you edit them in lightroom to correct it. DSLR's have settings to get the colour temp right and i believe the newer ones have tone mapping too.

Build looks awesome though, very nice!

Soldato
Yeah it just looks blue to me :cry:, cameras for you unless you edit them in lightroom to correct it. DSLR's have settings to get the colour temp right and i believe the newer ones have tone mapping too.

Build looks awesome though, very nice!
Yeah bloody ennoying honestly in the flesh looks great and such a gorgeous colour but yeah something with cameras on phones. The missus has a proper camera a Nikon something or other... might dig that out and see if that fairs any better! Anyhow, yeah it'a a nice neat build I especially love the Velocity 2 waterblock... felt really premium when I slapped it on... the one thing I meant to do was reapply termal past on my GPU... and I completely forgot as I get too much difference between hotspot junction and normal GOU temps... i.e. say I'm at 100C junction I'm at like 73C GPU, there shouldn't be that much between the two problem is, I can't be arsed draining and messing around again so... really annoyed I forgot though :(

Soldato
Yeah bloody ennoying honestly in the flesh looks great and such a gorgeous colour but yeah something with cameras on phones. The missus has a proper camera a Nikon something or other... might dig that out and see if that fairs any better! Anyhow, yeah it'a a nice neat build I especially love the Velocity 2 waterblock... felt really premium when I slapped it on... the one thing I meant to do was reapply termal past on my GPU... and I completely forgot as I get too much difference between hotspot junction and normal GOU temps... i.e. say I'm at 100C junction I'm at like 73C GPU, there shouldn't be that much between the two problem is, I can't be arsed draining and messing around again so... really annoyed I forgot though :(

Always had the same issue with phone cameras as well hence why i don't use it anymore. Doesn't depict reality at all, especially when phones these days use image smoothing and other tricks but in actuality i think it makes the image look worse.

DSLR and a tripod with the correct settings everyday.

73c on the core seems silly high, you definitely want to take that apart to inspect. I've never had gpu temps higher than 50c and that's usually on a hot day with high ambient temp, something is amiss there.

Back
Top Bottom