Ways to save money using a VPN?

Soldato
Why would you need a VPN to use the account outside of the country you signed up with?

Are you not allowed to use your UK account when you go on holiday?

My russian spotify just got banned because ive not been in russia for the last 30 days.

i paid just under £4 every 3 months, it makes me mad that russian spotify is £1.30 a month but in the uk is £9.99 and soon to go up

Caporegime
When all streaming services finally crack down on account sharing, multiple users and alike that will be the end of it from me. VPN or not.

Might aswell just go sailing the high seas.

Just now we are 4 people and we sub to 1 service each then share logins.
Maybe it immoral, very shadey but... I'm not paying so much.... It's not worth £75ish quid a month...

Last edited:
Soldato
i paid just under £4 every 3 months, it makes me mad that russian spotify is £1.30 a month but in the uk is £9.99 and soon to go up
Just get added to a family account, *of course* one of your family members ;)
That's what I do and you end up paying a fraction of the total cost, used to pay the full £10/mo, all these things add up over a long period of time.

Soldato
@Efour i couldn’t agree more with you. I have kids and for them and only them I have Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Family music for there Alexa’s

that’s just over £40 and I have had emails from Netflix and Amazon there services are going up. Amazon by 10%

Soldato
Given their beta testing in South America on stopping account sharing and loss in subscriptions I dare say that Netflix will soon be cracking down on loopholes like these

I am only subbed because my family members who don't live with me can also use the account currently and that's a good deal. If they crack down on account sharing then they will lose many people who account share because it was a good deal which it wont be any more. I bet Netflix will lose out even more if they crack down on it.

Soldato
Might aswell just go sailing the high seas.

Stats have shown that's already happening. All the various streaming services, price increases, exclusives, missing seasons in shows and films being removed off the service.

People are going back to Jolly Roger as it's becoming just as expensive as Sky if you subscribed to more than 2.

Soldato
I am only subbed because my family members who don't live with me can also use the account currently and that's a good deal. If they crack down on account sharing then they will lose many people who account share because it was a good deal which it wont be any more. I bet Netflix will lose out even more if they crack down on it.

No doubt, it's the typical corporate mistake, they start losing money so they begin to penalise what customers they have left in order to keep profits instead of improving services to bring more new customers as well as keep old customers

Associate
OP
Any suggestions for a good VPN at lowest cost possible? What are you all using?

Just had a look on Topcashback site. CyberGhostVpn is 105% cashback. Haven't checked what the catch might be though. Nor do I know if Cyberghost is any good.

I used Topcashback for the first time to get get something like 60% back on my Surfshark vpn a few months ago. I was sceptical at first but I actually did get the cash back.

Soldato
Just get added to a family account, *of course* one of your family members ;)
That's what I do and you end up paying a fraction of the total cost, used to pay the full £10/mo, all these things add up over a long period of time.

I do this, asked a friend and he had a spare family spot. Saved £120 a year just like that.

Soldato
Tried Netflix with a vpn a couple of months ago and couldn't get it to work. Even let it expire but no dice.

netflix are starting to block account that are ordered in one place and used in a different.
when you order in South Africa for £2 a month then use a card with UK billing address... there not stupid even with a VPN

mine still works but i use an online payment system that i have to topup then payment go out of there but TBF its getting hard and i cant be assed

Soldato
I run a software router and have 1+ persistent VPN connections that route traffic from multiple WiFi networks. Devices simply need to connect to one of a few networks in order to access a VPN, so my smart TV, for example, simply needs to connect to a specific WiFi network in order to egress traffic via [insert some place that is not my ISP]. I do not need to run any VPN software on the TV.
How are you setting this up, does it require a separate WiFi router?

Back
Top Bottom