Ways to save money using a VPN?

Soldato
It's mainly to do with wages. Then you also have more red tape in Western countries.

What is average wage in Russia? Average Wages in Russia increased to 62457 RUB/Month (1011.928 USD/Month) in May 2022.

So ~£850....before tax I believe

but Spotify still make a profit

So ~£850....before tax I believe

what the real average uk wage? is it 6 times more?

£24,600 so £2000 a month with much hire tax rate, if we are going wage on wage like you said i should be paying £4 a month for the family plan?

Soldato
but Spotify still make a profit

what the real average uk wage? is it 6 times more?

£24,600 so £2000 a month with much hire tax rate, if we are going wage on wage like you said i should be paying £4 a month for the family plan?
How badly do you want to pay Russian prices.

Are you willing to give up all the conveniences in the UK and live in Russia for it?

Look at the bigger picture than just the flat rate price.

You're better using your energy to stick it to our government over the ridiculous energy prices than aim it at Spotify who are at the very least supplying an excellent service at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I run a software router and have 1+ persistent VPN connections that route traffic from multiple WiFi networks. Devices simply need to connect to one of a few networks in order to access a VPN, so my smart TV, for example, simply needs to connect to a specific WiFi network in order to egress traffic via [insert some place that is not my ISP]. I do not need to run any VPN software on the TV.
Sounds complicated. Mine's set up so that when device X tries to connect to service Y, send traffic down VPN Z. I have multiple rules covering multiple devices and countries. Took about 15 minutes to set up but now it's completely seamless.

Soldato
Are you using your UK mobile for the text message?
It never tried to send me a message when I did it. I basically logged onto the VPN for India, logged into youtube, entered a fake address for a random tailor shop, enter my UK card details and confirmed the subscription, then dc'd the VPN and youtube premium has been rebilling for maybe 1.5/2 years now with no need to VPN again.

Soldato
It never tried to send me a message when I did it. I basically logged onto the VPN for India, logged into youtube, entered a fake address for a random tailor shop, enter my UK card details and confirmed the subscription, then dc'd the VPN and youtube premium has been rebilling for maybe 1.5/2 years now with no need to VPN again.
Ah, cheers I'll give that a try (basically use an already activated account).

Man of Honour
Quoted post removed
The issue is the amount of subscriptions. There's, Prime, Netflix, Disney, Spotify/whatever music platform etc etc. People don't have an issue with paying full prices but in the middle of a cost of living crisis, energy bills through the roof, job uncertainty, mortgage rates through the roof then come along Netflix and slap on an increase in their service, it's no wonder people turn to, ahem, alternate methods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
How much and what steps did you follow? The adverts are the source of much rage when drunk watching.
I've got them blocked on pc but do a lot of watching on my tv and phone that i cant block easily.
Used a different browser (Edge), VPN to argentina, signed into youtube, signed upto premium and just put my usual nationwide bank account on it.
Think its 73p if ive converted right.

Man of Honour
I've got them blocked on pc but do a lot of watching on my tv and phone that i cant block easily.
Used a different browser (Edge), VPN to argentina, signed into youtube, signed upto premium and just put my usual nationwide bank account on it.
Think its 73p if ive converted right.
I was getting an error code, but got around it by trying the payment with the VPN disconnected.

Soldato
Wil be trying the YT Premium trick tonight, sick to death of adverts - I use YouTube enough to justify spending the UK price, but given I'm in Guernsey "YouTube Premium is not available in your area"

Back
Top Bottom