Ways to save money using a VPN?

Associate
How are you setting this up, does it require a separate WiFi router?
Express vpn do there own firmware for certain routers, I've a Asus RT-AC87U, flashed with there firmware, you can assign you device to certain groups, my phones in no vpn, and my firestick is in a group connected to France, I can then watch f1 TV Pro

Soldato
Express vpn do there own firmware for certain routers, I've a Asus RT-AC87U, flashed with there firmware, you can assign you device to certain groups, my phones in no vpn, and my firestick is in a group connected to France, I can then watch f1 TV Pro

interesting

do they have a list of supported router's

Soldato
but is this the same as the Express one, where you can split it and have only set devices going to the VPN
After reading it, I think the answer is yes and no. It's the router that provides the functionality, not the VPN provider.

Example

This is the list of TP-Link routers that can provide the functionality:

And to configure, you would follow these instructions:

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like my Archer 6 supports the ability to choose which devices connect, and I'd have to have everything routing through the VPN:

Soldato
My russian spotify just got banned because ive not been in russia for the last 30 days.

i paid just under £4 every 3 months, it makes me mad that russian spotify is £1.30 a month but in the uk is £9.99 and soon to go up
How can you be mad. You want Russian prices then go live in Russia.

If workarounds don't work then tough. It's a bonus not a guarantee.

Soldato
its the fact that Spotify can make a profit in Russia at £1.30 a month but we need to pay £10
I think it's more a case of Spotify not making a profit in Russia and countries like UK, USA etc being used to subsidise the others.

I tried to sign up with Spotify using the Turkish VPN last night and the sign up failed due to me being behind a VPN.

Between that and YouTube wanting a mobile number to text me a code, that's exactly zero ways I've saved money so far! :D

Soldato
its the fact that Spotify can make a profit in Russia at £1.30 a month but we need to pay £10
It's mainly to do with wages. Then you also have more red tape in Western countries.

What is average wage in Russia? Average Wages in Russia increased to 62457 RUB/Month (1011.928 USD/Month) in May 2022.

So ~£850....before tax I believe

Back
Top Bottom