• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Weather temperatures are up, so how are your GPU temps?

Caporegime
30cu595.gif

The fan is on auto.

I don't know why Afterburner doesn't allow the speed to be manually set below 40%. My 480 SOC had a minimum fan speed of 30% iirc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm about my clocks being at full all the time. I think its because i use 2 monitors, 1 main 24" and a 19" tft for just email and steam and gadgets like clock and weather.

This is what i found on the net about this.

GPU Runs at a High Performance Level (full clock speeds) in
Multi-display Modes
This is a hardware limitation and not a software bug. Even when no 3D programs are
running, the driver will operate the GPU at a high performance level in order to
efficiently drive multiple displays. In the case of SLI or multi‐GPU PCs, the second GPU
will always operate with full clock speeds; again, in order to efficiently drive multiple
displays. Today, all hardware from all GPU vendors have this limitation.

Bummer. So thats why im at full clocks all the time. :(

Edit -

After reading about it, it seems that in order to get around this issue what i have to do is take the 19" tft vga and plug it into my i5 3570k onboard gpu and run that there that way the 570 isnt doing dual mon itself. So far it seems to have worked. :)

gh4.png

Tho the gpu clock does go up sometimes to 750 for some weird reason when i do something like open chrome or somit similar like IE, then drops the clocks to 450 then to 50mhz.

Still, hopefully this will keep the 570 a bit less power demanding now i.e not running full speed all the time and will save a little power and hopefully a much better temp now. Which atm its hovering 36-37 at a fan speed er well just see the pic kinda above. Cpu running with igpu active doesnt seem to be any diff temp wise its still around 36 idle atm.

So yey me for fixing that issue hehe.

Last edited:
Associate
My i7-4770K is at around 28°C idle and 38-40°C under load (watercooled).

And my GTX-780 idles at 34°C and goes to around 60-70°C when playin graphically intensive games, and reaches 80°C when running Unigine Valley at Ultra and 2560x1440.

Need to get that 780 watercooled eventually :D

Soldato
jesus it must be boiling in your room!!

just played tomb raider,and my oh my it really strains my 7970.

clocked to 1100/1550 and the sapphire cooler was at 81% fan speed with peak temp of 81c haha

cpu has peaked at 65c today while gaming.

Soldato
jesus it must be boiling in your room!!

just played tomb raider,and my oh my it really strains my 7970.

clocked to 1100/1550 and the sapphire cooler was at 81% fan speed with peak temp of 81c haha

cpu has peaked at 65c today while gaming.

>>>South facing 2nd story room, gets the sun all day. And for some reason is also several degrees hotter than any other room even in Winter, when no sun is seen.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Current weather has pushed the ambient up to 29 which gives:

Idle - CPU 40 GPU 45
Load - CPU 59 GPU 61

Norm for me with an ambient of 23 was:

Idle - CPU 33 GPU 38
Load - CPU 53 GPU 56

Associate
wow I need to sort out my cooling then...

CPU: Up to 69-75 deg

KFA2 GTX 770 - 40-44 Idle, Load: 79-80 constantly.

This is my own failure for not sorting out the airflow in the case and leaving it stock. ( Corsair C70 Vengeance )

Soldato
GTX 780 (EVGA SC with ACX cooler)

Ambient: 27 °C
Idle: 30 °C
Load: 67 °C (Heaven Benchmark)

Back in March when I first got the card, I'm not sure what the ambient temps were (definitely a lot cooler), but I got these readings:

Idle: 26 °C
Load: 64 °C (Heaven Benchmark)

Associate
My PC is like me, getting hotter and hotter and we hate it.

Idle temps are usually around 31 degrees but at the moment it's hovering around 41 degrees in the afternoons. Room temperature does tend to be on the warm side though, about 30 degrees or slightly above. Fan profile is set to 32% speed, gaming is a no-no in this weather.

Back
Top Bottom