Website Visual Refresh (Report Bugs Here)

Associate
I don't mind the new design, there's parts that look good and some that don't.
It's no worse than some of the competitors...

A few things that could do with sorting:

- The colour of the 'support/contact/forum' buttons at the top - It took me forever to see that faint grey on black text. Do you not want people to contact you?
- Could you move the Today Only deal up the page? - It feels like you don't want us to buy the daily deal if we have to scroll down to see it.
- The homepage is just a flood of information, it's far too cluttered... - My eyes can't focus on a single thing because of there being so much on the screen at once.
- Your footer is HUGE! - It almost takes up my entire screen (on my backup screen it does take up the whole thing... at 90% zoom).

People are still using IE? Jesus...:eek:
Some of us have to use it for work.

Soldato
No, I'm really shocked!! It's more holey than a holy holey thing :D
But it's part of Windows 10 and will surely be as good as Edge when it comes to security. Must admit I use Edge but at company sites you sometimes find you have to revert back to IE for some things. Because of that my default browser in the office is IE, as that's what I need to use most of the internal systems....and if I try to open them in Edge it just throws me to IE.

Soldato
BUG:

The "Clearance" section can only be found through "% DEALS" but it doesn't show the full Clearance selection, only 10 subcategories. One of the subcategories missing is "Ex Demo Systems". If you enter a manual search for the latter, and click on its "Clearance" path link, it takes you to the more complete "Clearance" section with 25 subcategories.

Associate
As part of this refresh have they fixed the issue of the site storing your credit card details without permission and not giving anyway to remove them? (other than asking CS to do it after each order)

The alternative of using PayPal just enables perpetual payments so that's not any better.

Associate
I recently placed an order after the refresh (didn't know about it until I landed here as I was away and hadn't been on the 'net for a few days). I had some issues authorising the payment as I needed to use a friends card and delivery address; please, please do some work on the account pages. Right now it's not clear what your default payment method is, there doesn't seem to be anyway to manage stored addresses, only add or edit them. It's a bit of a mess tbh. I do not feel like I have very good control over any of my details currently. It would be very nice to be able to add any card details during the payment process rather than just using a stored one or editing my entire account!

I think the rest of the site is coming along nicely and looks very smart, I haven't found anything terribly wrong with the front of the site.

Associate
Could you may be move the FORUM icon to between the search and wish list fields ?

Many of the pages now make you scroll to see today offers / product details etc which in turn hides the Support / contact and forum icons. I don't use support or contact much but use the forum button quite a bit. Its now hidden a lot of the time by being 1/2 down a page and its not that easy to spot any longer.

Associate
all i can say is:
1. forum scale is bad. Im on 2k screen and its "too big" so I use Ctrl -(minus) buttons to downscale it to 80-90%
2. on the pain page, its really hard to find "forum" button. Rly annoying.

Soldato
I second this, have it as a option on the top toolbar next to %deals as you want people to use that before the MM on the forums.

BUG:

The "Clearance" section can only be found through "% DEALS" but it doesn't show the full Clearance selection, only 10 subcategories. One of the subcategories missing is "Ex Demo Systems". If you enter a manual search for the latter, and click on its "Clearance" path link, it takes you to the more complete "Clearance" section with 25 subcategories.

Soldato
Was looking through my previous orders in the account section for some information (model off a HDD) and noticed that dozens of my orders have disappeared from record.

Soldato
I don't mind the new design, there's parts that look good and some that don't.
It's no worse than some of the competitors...

A few things that could do with sorting:

- The colour of the 'support/contact/forum' buttons at the top - It took me forever to see that faint grey on black text. Do you not want people to contact you?
- Could you move the Today Only deal up the page? - It feels like you don't want us to buy the daily deal if we have to scroll down to see it.
- The homepage is just a flood of information, it's far too cluttered... - My eyes can't focus on a single thing because of there being so much on the screen at once.
- Your footer is HUGE! - It almost takes up my entire screen (on my backup screen it does take up the whole thing... at 90% zoom).

Some of us have to use it for work.
same here, we have secure pc's, dont know why we have to use ie, its as secure as a hookers draws. i have sneakily installed chrome, but can only use on certain sites, which is pointless as most sites are blocked anyway

Back
Top Bottom