Website Visual Refresh (Report Bugs Here)

OcUK Staff
Yes they own it but pushing it so much, actually detracts from anything good they get out of it. Starts to annoy people. Also they do DFS sales tactics, increase the price of the chairs for a legally allowed time limit then reduce the chairs back to the price they were a few weeks prior, then claim a "MASSIVE reduction/Sale" etc

I actually bought a chair from them last year(post brexit) and I saw it on last weeks deal of the week, reduced to the price I paid for it last year, hardly a saving.

The costs of noblechairs in particular have been pretty much the same for a significant period of time now, and that's despite the costs of manufacture & transport increasing, along with the sterling getting weaker against the $, so even being able to match the prices from last year in a sale is actually pretty good. Same goes for DXRacer, Nitro and Vertagear.

Soldato
Something I've just noticed is the configure screen for setting options on ready made PC.

You choose the computer you want, then you scroll down to choose options. The heading on some text is mid grey colour on white (hard to see), then the fonts are two small yet the picture of the computer is unnecessary to large.

The worst bit however is you have to scroll all the way down to get updated price, past all the description, past the review section, then finally you can see the updated price for selected items. Then if you need to change any options it's the reserve scrolling back up to select options.

This is on a 1080p television.

Soldato
Something I've just noticed is the configure screen for setting options on ready made PC.

You choose the computer you want, then you scroll down to choose options. The heading on some text is mid grey colour on white (hard to see), then the fonts are two small yet the picture of the computer is unnecessary to large.

The worst bit however is you have to scroll all the way down to get updated price, past all the description, past the review section, then finally you can see the updated price for selected items. Then if you need to change any options it's the reserve scrolling back up to select options.

This is on a 1080p television.
the pc configurator section is a mess to be honest. optional component parts within each subset aren't listed in any meaning full way, you make a selection and the screen jumps back up to the top to the pricing so you have to scroll the whole way back down (the price should follow you as you scroll down and update/amend options) but I'm sure they'll get there. just takes time to get everything sync'd up and working how it should.

Soldato
the pc configurator section is a mess to be honest. optional component parts within each subset aren't listed in any meaning full way, you make a selection and the screen jumps back up to the top to the pricing so you have to scroll the whole way back down (the price should follow you as you scroll down and update/amend options) but I'm sure they'll get there. just takes time to get everything sync'd up and working how it should.

The option descriptions are an issue (although as a work around, you can hover for the full description - not great I know).

But on mine at least, if I select an option the screen doesn't jump at all, and the total price section follows me down on the left side of the screen. Maybe try clearing your browser cache? Assuming you're not running something like noscript, I doubt it would play nice without js.

Associate
Today Only is still there, just scroll down the main page a little bit - it's under the Gaming/ Overclocking/ MOdding section, to the right of 8Pack.

Soldato
you know the caskeing group owns Noblechairs, this is why they push the brand so much, it is logical for them to do so.

I was not aware of that but it is still a rather poor design choice.

At least have it so when I navigate away from the homepage, the margin banners are removed.

Amazon have "suggestions" all over the shop but it does not distract from the overall shopping experience.

All my opinion of course :D

Soldato
The option descriptions are an issue (although as a work around, you can hover for the full description - not great I know).

But on mine at least, if I select an option the screen doesn't jump at all, and the total price section follows me down on the left side of the screen. Maybe try clearing your browser cache? Assuming you're not running something like noscript, I doubt it would play nice without js.
cleared cache and price now follows on the left hand side, but if I select one of the customisable options it still bumps me back to the top of the page (in fairness this is on IE - default browser at work, i'll try chrome etc when at home)

Edit: apologies, issue is with IE. chrome seems to work fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Search could do with some tuning (this could be a remnant from the old site not a new thing). Entering a search for "i3-8" so you can see all available Coffee i3s brings up everything but an i3-8XXX.

Website is very snappy on Firefox.

Associate
Germanium configuration issues:

Header text states up to 32gb ram and 1080ti

Start config includes a Titan xp Pascal and no option for 32gb ram

Edit: found the 32gb ram option but it wasn’t obvious (little 2x next one of the options)

Last edited:
Associate
Maybe the site update is considered a visual update for the better... to those that use tablets/pads and touchscreen stuff....
But for me, a pure PC and normal monitor guy, I find this new site update a nightmare and most off-putting.
Reduced ease of use... less functionality and at times a total waste of screen space.

I cannot believe where the site is now is progress for the better, as compared with say 5 years ago. Sad times :(

Out of interest... are there any figures in respect of Overclockers sales value against hardware means used for purchase?

Soldato
Not bad but still too 'busy' website. Very confusing and hard to eyes. Each product doesn't it's own box/border.

Sorry I know it's against the rule but if you go to ****** homepage and you'll see how simple and easy to eyes. Each product have own box/border.

Try keep the homepage simple

Soldato
Don't have time to read entire thread but in IE on Windows 10(not Edge but not tried that yet), the stock level of an item is mostly obscured by the "Add to basket" button (so text is behind the button control).

Soldato
Don't have time to read entire thread but in IE on Windows 10(not Edge but not tried that yet), the stock level of an item is mostly obscured by the "Add to basket" button (so text is behind the button control).
yea I've noticed a load of issues, starting to think most of the ones I am seeing at work are linked to IE!

Back
Top Bottom