Wee beastie

Man of Honour
OP
Man of Honour
OP
Got memory back from RMA, jobs a goodun.
Got word about the mobo RMA... they are replacing it :D

So where are we at you may ask? (or not) :)

• Been sorting out the overclock
  • prime'ing
  • getting the RAID setup
  • crunched a couple of bigadv to test
  • put another 6GB of memory in
  • Tested everything again with 12GB
  • Setup the water loop on the CPU
  • Gutted the cpu isn't as good as the one in my main rig, 1.3V for 3.8Ghz, I mean come on, the other rig does [email protected] :(
  • So CPU loop runs a bit hotter because of the extra voltage I guess, around 76°C on the single 120mm Feser Rad
  • Fitted the Lian-Li 3 fan radiator top panel for the A71B :D:D
  • Fitted the PA.360 and fans etc.
  • Unplugged the power from the mobo, put the GTX295's back in, jiggled around with the tubing layout, filled her up and hotwired the PSU to leak test.
  • :( Bottom bitspower right angled rotating connector leaks :(
  • Drain
  • swap for a bog standard 90° jobbie..
  • Refill
  • Leak test again
  • :D YAY :D
  • So far so good. Lots of bubbles but otherwise no leaks for the past 24 hours.

^^ That was all a couple of days ago, I've spent the last few days wrestling with the system not being able to boot even to the bios with 4 cards installed :eek:

Tell you what its been a nightmare, and I've been all over the shop looking for answers from Asus' forums to the foldingforum.org here and loads of other places following in the tracks of Atlas Folder and those of his ilk.

And I've got it booting and am reinstalling windows on my test drive.

Associate
[Cheeky]
erm, so what was the two sentence answer to why it wasn't booting with 4 cards in?
[/cheeky]

edit: Oh, it didn't like some new bios that you had on....

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah, normally I go to the latest bios when I get a new board just because it often "fixes" bugs and mostly when you get a board its bios is like version 1.0b or something 5 years old and doesn't support the latest CPU's/OC settings/etc etc etc.

First time a bios has been worse than the one before it in my book :D

Associate
Now that was a lucky guess :D

Glad to see you are making progress, are you going to test it on seti, maybe defend your position?

Just wanted to add that i won't be charging Biffa for the damage done to door of the cell i had to break down to evict you the other day;). I toyed with moving your stuff to my old cell but in the end I just dumped it round the back.

Man of Honour
OP
lol not right away ;)

I like to give my prey a bit of a head start :eek!

Also rl tends to get in the way of these things. Thing is i gotg too cocky because i had done it before. Unfortunately that doesnt mean it will be as easy the second time :)

Back
Top Bottom