US: Westworld

Soldato
Westworld is not real people using copies of their brains to live forever... it's a different concept. Westworld also came out before Altered Carbon.

They are very similar concepts. Yes, real people's brains are copied to live forever (who was in the man in black was testing, I forget now). I';m just saying, to say they are literally nothing alike, would not be true.

Caporegime
Me too, mainly because it's simpler and a bit more generic Sci-fi, which I understand means others might like it less.

Indeed. Season 2 tried to be clever and intriguing without actually being clever and intriguing like Season 1.

This is a bit more straight forward, but it is well done for the most part.

Still hate the whole Maeve, Hector , Sizemore characters / story arc though. Hated it last season 2 as well. None of them are likable characters.

Dolores, Calab, Serac and Rehoboam etc are far more interesting.

Caporegime
Indeed. Season 2 tried to be clever and intriguing without actually being clever and intriguing like Season 1.

This is a bit more straight forward, but it is well done for the most part.

Still hate the whole Maeve, Hector , Sizemore characters / story arc though. Hated it last season 2 as well. None of them are likable characters.

Dolores, Calab, Serac and Rehoboam etc are far more interesting.
maeves great love the actor but the character gets a lot of story lines we didn't want or need.

just watched ep07 :D cracking episode imo one of the best so far

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I'm completely uninvolved by S03. It's now an action flick, with action stuff happening in every episode. I can see it's well produced. I recognise the actors. I recognise the external look of the characters those actors played. But to me everything else is unrelated to Westworld and so far offered nothing similar or nothing that made Westworld interesting. I don't understand why Meave is doing what Meave is doing. I don't understand why Bernard is doing what Bernard is doing. I'm not particularly interested in Cerac as I don't see how he could be a threat to AI characters. Man in black as shaky, geriatric, old man in white? Who writes this stuff? I've just realised we are at episode 8 or 10 next week. Some big reveal was made about Jesse Pinkman in the last episode. But I still don't give a bent fork about Jesse Pinkman. To me there was no character development for Jesse Pinkman, just some action stuff. 7 episodes in I'm surprised that Jesse Pinkman is even still in it. And this stuff is written by the same people that made us care about Dolores and Teddy in about 15 minutes and 10 seconds? And we've given up on Shogun World and War World for this excrement? Man oh man.

Man of Honour
To me there was no character development for Jesse Pinkman

Yeah - so far he hasn't progressed beyond being used by the writers as an instrument for playing around with the concept of no plan survives contact with the "enemy" when it comes to Delores and her intentions and motivations but has been done so subtly most people won't notice or even care.

Still not sure what the point of the stuff with William is for - they built up some loose premises at the end of last season but it has been kind of treading water so far in this season without an apparent purpose to the scenes we are seeing - unless he is then revealed as also being one of a couple of background characters mentioned but so far not revealed in any detail but even then I don't see it as being that interesting - without more development of the story it would feel too contrived to suddenly spring it.

Soldato
A better episode again but not good, less cold meaningless murder, still not much to root for but on the up at least.

I have to say I think the writers painted Dolores character into a corner last season. We’ve seen a relatively logical handing over of the baton for the main antagonist but honestly 7 dull episodes was drawing it out a lot. It feels to me like because she was the lead they had to give her air time but in practice they dragged out a story without the legs too long.

Maeve had nothing to do this season, they broke her character last season and she’s been limping along. Hopefully those two won’t we back. I like both the actresses and first season and a half they were good characters but last season just ruined them and this year has feels so narrow they just kept hammering home the worst of each character.

Is this a 10 episode series, if so 3 episodes to save it I reckon.

Caporegime
Does season 2 get any better? I binged the first and really enjoyed it, but since the hosts became fully aware it's sort of destroyed the theme to me...... I'm onto episode 5 and have rapidly lost interest.

Man of Honour
A better episode again but not good, less cold meaningless murder, still not much to root for but on the up at least.

I have to say I think the writers painted Dolores character into a corner last season. We’ve seen a relatively logical handing over of the baton for the main antagonist but honestly 7 dull episodes was drawing it out a lot. It feels to me like because she was the lead they had to give her air time but in practice they dragged out a story without the legs too long.

Maeve had nothing to do this season, they broke her character last season and she’s been limping along. Hopefully those two won’t we back. I like both the actresses and first season and a half they were good characters but last season just ruined them and this year has feels so narrow they just kept hammering home the worst of each character.

Is this a 10 episode series, if so 3 episodes to save it I reckon.

After my post above they actually developed some stuff with Caleb but at this point it was too little too late. I'm struggling at this point to see how they can turn it around they've been moving pieces around the board as if setting up for something but I can't see how any twist at this point wouldn't feel hugely contrived. Season 3 is feeling like a "Ritzy" shell around nothing.

Soldato
S3 Ep 1 watched

Beautiful to look at

We moved out of the parks far too early :(

Love an earlier comment here about this being a prequel to BSG!

I enjoyed it more when it was more 'Lost' - wtf is going on, who is a robot, who is real etc, now we seem to have moved to a Terminator style show where a Delores/Terminator is hell bent on destroying those 'pesky humans' meh.

and, lol:

Back
Top Bottom