What 4K, 120hz+, 30”+ options are coming?

Associate
OP
They don't have a great track record for some of their past products, so if purchased it would be worth doing so on a credit card for extra cover.

The specs and reviews for the unit do seem to suggest that it's a good monitor with a lot of input options.

Soldato
https://euro.evedevices.com/pages/spectrum/

This looks interesting, seems they're taking orders now too.
There just isn't much guarantee about delivery schedule.
For example their tablet had very serious problems in manufacturing and deliveries.

And with overall availability problems of 4K monitors even from big makers (or for example LG which uses panels from their own "sister" company) wouldn't expect them to be high in priority of panel manufacturer.
Now we have also this Corona virus messing things.

Associate
@Phunky interedted to know why your G9 was a faff? Also a software dev, currently use combo of asus 34” and dell 27”. Thinking swapping those out for the G9 Neo. The LG oled 48 also looked interesting, but given I’m in code editors several hours a day I’ve written that one off as concerned about burn in (from static menu text etc)

Associate
OP
Switching between my PC and MacBook is a PITA as it doesn’t always wake up from sleep. It happens with either monitor and maybe related to DP but it just annoys the hell outta me every morning as I go through ritual of turning each on and off and rebooting MacBook in hope that they’ll both be detected.

The G9 is great but so buggy when used in 240hz and as I mainly game at 16:9 I feel life would be easier with a single 4K monitor instead of my G9 and 34 ultra wide stacked above it.

I do worry about swapping as even with all its faults the panel is great and it’s one of the best monitors I’ve had in a long time and will likely miss the wider res for work but having extra height will likely make up for it.

I’m anticipating that if I do switch I’ll end up with dual monitors. I’ve actually recently been thinking of getting 3x1440p monitors and using them vertically for work (4320x2560 total space) and switching one horizontal when gaming .

Associate
OP
Yeah, I've been toying with it for a while as it feels like I'll be able to get a decent centre monitor for gaming and the two side monitors can just be for extended desktop for work. But it does feel kinda backwards to go from a super ultra wide to 3x1440p's

Associate
I've been compiling a list myself over the past few months. From what I can see, they're all 144Hz IPS panels with HDMI 2.1;

Acer XB323K
AOC AG324UX
AORUS FI32U
Asus ROG Swift PG32UQ
Gigabyte M32U
MSI Optix MPG321UR-QD
Philips 329M1RV/329M1RVE
ViewSonic XG320U

I checked all of them, most are not specifically G-Sync. Does that matter, i have a 3080 card?
play a lot of COD

Also saw these comments online

The Acer XB323QK NV doesn’t actually support KVM 7

Neither will the Philips 329M1RV(E) 3, and judging by the manual it might not even transport data on the USB-C port.

The AOC Agon AG324UX 6 is too red for a monitor and more importantly, might not actually make it outside of China.

The Gigabyte Aorus FI32U 3 and MSI Optix MPG321UR-QD 3 have KVM, but fail on the power delivery front with 15W USB-C charging max (unconfirmed for MSI, but strongly assumed given sibling monitors and their integrated power adapter).

Don’t count on LG, ASUS, Dell, ViewSonic, Lenovo, HP, NEC or Samsung to make a monitor that’s simultaneously targeted towards the intersection of PC gaming and WFH laptop use.

Associate
I have but the 48" feels way too big and I think I'd be sat to close to it on my desk even tho it's 70cm deep. My current setup is fairly similar height wise at the moment and isn't great for the neck.

I use a CX48 for console gaming. Tried playing it with PC and for my small room it was too large to be comfortable. Its great for far back console gaming though - just not so for every other pc game like cod. I get more kills on a smaller screen and less neck ache/headaches

Associate
Don't go any bigger than 40in if your sitting your monitor on your desk. I made that mistake after using a 40in regular 4k led TV as a monitor. Worked fine for years, then I upgraded to a 55in oled. Now I can't surf the Web and have related it to being put on the wall above a new monitor I have just purchased. 34in curved wide-screen, 3440 x 1440, 144hz. Bit of a bargain I picked it up for, but it's going to fit below the 55in. I can surf the Web not worry about burn in, watch movies and play games on the big screen while still having a nice monitor.

Back
Top Bottom