What 4K, 120hz+, 30”+ options are coming?

Associate
Does anyone actually really use HDR on PC's though? I can certainly live without it.
Some say it`s great so I`d like to try it but from what I`ve read they say HDR400 isn`t worth bothering with and HDR600 should be the minimum spec to go for. At the moment getting a 4k monitor that ticks al the boxes is nigh on impossible unless you`re willing to spend silly money.

Associate
OP
Pulled the trigger on one of M28U in the clearance section, only place with them in stock! The KVM and £100 price difference swayed me from the newer G7 in the end. Should be getting it in the morning so will post back with my thoughts when I get it all setup.

Associate
OP
First impressions is that i'm blown away at the quality of this panel, it looks fantastic. Hooked it up to my Macbook via USB-C and zero problems and looks to be charging OK so far but will see how a full day of work goes.

Had a very quick blast on Apex Legends to see how the 3070 holds up at 4k and looks to be hitting 100~120fps so that'll be fine with G-Sync enable. Switch between setups with the KVM button is perfect, this was the biggest grind of my older setup and now I can just hit the button on the back to switch between both units, no more click-menu-click on both monitors :D

I may need to look at scaling the DPI up a bit but going to try and just roll with it initially as doing that may trigger me to want a second monitor.

As for those wondering about the condition of the clearance unit, the box was battered a bit but had all cables (better than the G9!) and everything else included so no problem at all there.

So far very happy :D:D:D:D:D

Associate
Heh, the PG32UQX is set to retail for $3000. Three thousand dollars.

Just lol. LOL, Asus, LOL.

2-3x the price of an an LG OLED TV which is superior in every conceivable way.

Have some more LOL.
LOOOOOOL! Love your comment XD

And did you know Asus 21.5" OLED costs $5000? Five thousand dollars. The worst is, it's not even infinite black, just like horrible OLED. Check Amazon for reviews.

Soldato
Brick PSUs can be repaired. You just have to be prepared to re-house them if they were glued instead of screwed together.
Ultrasonic welding has pretty much replaced gluing and in general those bricks are nasty to open.
Also all components in them have been bathed in quite major heat, because that plastic casing insulates heat inside.

Permabanned
AOC Launches Four Professional QHD and 4K Displays with Smart USB-C Connectivity
  • The AOC U32P2CA will be available from September 2021 at an RRP of £449.99.
  • The AOC U27P2CA will be available from August 2021 at RRPs of £369.99.
  • The AOC Q32P2CA will be available from August 2021 at RRPs of £289.99.
  • The AOC Q27P2CA will be available from October 2021 at an RRP of £349.99.
The 27" AOC U27P2CA also employs a 4K resolution panel, but this time with an IPS panel. The extra sharpness due to the higher pixel density on a smaller frame size and the increased colour accuracy make the monitor truly shine by offering true-to-life imagery with its wide gamut coverage. Similar to its 32" cousin, the U27P2CA also offers a Picture-by-Picture mode.

Associate
Ultrasonic welding has pretty much replaced gluing and in general those bricks are nasty to open.
You can still do it. What I usually do is cut a small slot in the plastic, then use a flat screwdriver to crack it open.
Also all components in them have been bathed in quite major heat, because that plastic casing insulates heat inside.
Of course; that's half the reason why the capacitors fail. At least they are away from the major sources of heat inside the monitor.

Back
Top Bottom