Poll: What AM4 motherboard will you be getting?

What manufacturer AM4 will you be buying?

• Asus

Votes: 93 33.0%
  • Asrock

Votes: 66 23.4%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 81 28.7%
  • MSI

Votes: 37 13.1%
  • other.

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Guys, i am having a really hard time with my now with 2nd ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO having to return with multiple issues.
I have a 1800X and 2 x 8GB Team Group Dark Pro 3200 Samsung B-Die RAM, 256 GB NVMe SSD and another 1TB Samsung 850 Evo in bits.
As much as I love the look of the board i am beginning to read about the lack of bios updates and plethora of other issues with the CH6. Is there another board in the same price range(£220) that I can have a look?
Currently between AsRock Taichi and Gigabite K7. Ayy recommendations?

Soldato
Guys, i am having a really hard time with my now with 2nd ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO having to return with multiple issues.
I have a 1800X and 2 x 8GB Team Group Dark Pro 3200 Samsung B-Die RAM, 256 GB NVMe SSD and another 1TB Samsung 850 Evo in bits.
As much as I love the look of the board i am beginning to read about the lack of bios updates and plethora of other issues with the CH6. Is there another board in the same price range(£220) that I can have a look?
Currently between AsRock Taichi and Gigabite K7. Ayy recommendations?

Taichi is the one most people went for if they didn't want the CH6.

Soldato
Lack of BIOS updates on the CH6, are you only looking on the ASUS support site?

For the latest test BIOS releases and settings etc you need to keep an eye on Elmor and The Stilts posts on the OC.NET thread dedicated to this board.

Soldato
Lack of BIOS updates on the CH6, are you only looking on the ASUS support site?

For the latest test BIOS releases and settings etc you need to keep an eye on Elmor and The Stilts posts on the OC.NET thread dedicated to this board.

I am aware of the beta bios. It is more to do with the issues i was/am having with 2 x CH6 boards in a row. And having to order another CH6 would make me wait 4 days or more to get it(via Rain forest, OCUK has it but at a higher price) while I can have the K7 delivered tomorrow. Rain forest would not send me a replacement as I have had 2 faulty boards(how is that my fault!) - i have to send them back for a refund only.

Soldato
1st one worked for few days and then would not post/boot - no Q codes, RGB lights lighting, CMOS clear seems to be switching the board off and RBG lights comes back on but no boot.
2nd one seemed to be used, i reported it and still tried setting it up after speaking with CS of Rainforest as it will take nearly 7 days for me to get a new board. This time i flashed the 1403 bios from the USB before booting even which seem to have gone fine(with flashing blue led). But no post/boot again!
I must add that i have tested the PSU in a 2700K system, I tested the DDR4 ram in a 7700K system - which worked fine, only thing i didnt test is the CPU(1800X) which i got from AMDMatt here from MM but i think CPU is ok since it worked for few days(hours actually).
Initially i tested the 1st board with a cooler that has a AM3+ mounting system(K2 Mount Doom) - i though it could be the mounting pressure after reading some reports and have tried first to loosen the screws and even getting a brand new NH-D15 SE from OCUK.
But still no go :(

I am inches away from ordering a Gigabite K7 - unless someone stops me :eek:

Permabanned
AMD’s AM4 Socket Will Support All Upcoming Generations of Zen CPUs Till 2020
While this isn’t a huge reveal since AMD already mentioned in their slides that AM4 is built to last a generation of Zen based processors, it is still good to see that AMD’s top managers are reassuring the claim. AMD is known to build platforms around a socket that lasts longer compared to Intel. On the Intel side, we have seen two chipset / platform changes within a year (Kaby Lake / Coffee Lake). AMD on the other hand will offer support for all upcoming generations of the Zen architecture cpu on their AM4 platform.

t was also confirmed that work on Zen 2 began when the foundation of Zen 1 was already laid out, giving engineers enough time to tweak the next best thing after Ryzen. Talking about Zen itself, the upcoming generation of processors codenamed Pinnacle Ridge are said to utilize a refresh of ZEN rather than a complete update that Zen 2 is supposed to be. Hence, the family after Ryzen (1st gen 1***) will use the Zen+ architecture and not Zen 2. There’s no official confirmation what process or technology updates Zen+ might use but AMD has confirmed to ship 12nm process based CPUs in a previous set of slides.

Rest assured, you will be totally able to plug in the next Zen+ / Zen 2 product in your existing AM4 motherboard. https://wccftech.com/amd-james-prior-interview-vega-11-ryzen-2-am4-vega-supply/

Permabanned
Colorful is designing its first socket AM4 motherboards, according to industry sources. The company will release its first socket AM4 motherboards after the 2018 Computex Expo (June). These boards will be based on AMD 400-series chipsets, and will come with out of the box support for Ryzen "Pinnacle Ridge" processors, Ryzen "Raven Ridge" APUs, and existing Ryzen "Summit Ridge" processors. Taking advantage of PCI-Express gen 3.0 general-purpose connectivity of the 400-series chipset, the boards will feature multiple 32 Gbps NVMe interfaces (M.2 or U.2). It's possible that the company could attach its coveted iGame Vulcan brand to some of these models. The company currently only sells motherboards for Intel platforms. Its lineup includes motherboards based on Intel Z370 and X299 chipsets, including crypto-currency miner-centric boards based on lesser Intel chipsets, such as the B250. AMD is expected to debut its 400-series chipset alongside its 2nd generation Ryzen "Pinnacle Ridge" processors, in Q2-2018.

Colorful Working on AMD 400-series Chipset AM4 Motherboards https://www.techpowerup.com/241858/colorful-working-on-amd-400-series-chipset-am4-motherboards

los

los

Associate
Colorful is designing its first socket AM4 motherboards, according to industry sources. The company will release its first socket AM4 motherboards after the 2018 Computex Expo (June). These boards will be based on AMD 400-series chipsets, and will come with out of the box support for Ryzen "Pinnacle Ridge" processors, Ryzen "Raven Ridge" APUs, and existing Ryzen "Summit Ridge" processors. Taking advantage of PCI-Express gen 3.0 general-purpose connectivity of the 400-series chipset, the boards will feature multiple 32 Gbps NVMe interfaces (M.2 or U.2). It's possible that the company could attach its coveted iGame Vulcan brand to some of these models. The company currently only sells motherboards for Intel platforms. Its lineup includes motherboards based on Intel Z370 and X299 chipsets, including crypto-currency miner-centric boards based on lesser Intel chipsets, such as the B250. AMD is expected to debut its 400-series chipset alongside its 2nd generation Ryzen "Pinnacle Ridge" processors, in Q2-2018.

Colorful Working on AMD 400-series Chipset AM4 Motherboards https://www.techpowerup.com/241858/colorful-working-on-amd-400-series-chipset-am4-motherboards
Does that not say z370 on the IO heatshield bit?
Do we know the release date yet? Is it the 19th?

Back
Top Bottom