Poll: What AM4 motherboard will you be getting?

What manufacturer AM4 will you be buying?

• Asus

Votes: 93 33.0%
  • Asrock

Votes: 66 23.4%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 81 28.7%
  • MSI

Votes: 37 13.1%
  • other.

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
Associate
Asus Crosshair 7 Hero paired with a 2700x. It's mostly black, so it fits with mybuild aesthetic and can be flexible with colour changes.

I'm still using an Asus P8z77 motherboard, which has been great to me for the past 5 years.

I've heard bad things with MSI mobos, plus too much red accents for me. Sames with Gigabyte with the orange.

Associate
I wonder if there is going to be enough X470 stock for the 19th, I guess X370s aren't shipping with a compatible BIOS yet so they aren't an option.
Can we not even download a bios upgrade now that will enable it to work with the new 2000 series cpus? I was thinking of getting a CH6 rather then going for the newer mobo and spend a bit more and get the 2700x.

Associate
I have just ordered 2 2700X, 16GBRAM and the Asus prime board. Anyone know if the 'pre order' for the motherboards will be live by the Thursday along with the CPUs?.
I think you would have to ask question to OCUK staff, some of them probably yes, some of them probably not as always. They might give you some idea which ones will be.

Permabanned
While Dell and HP refuse to jump on the nVidia bandwagon with the GPP, others like Asus, Gigabyte and MSI are very active members of the anti-AMD campaign.
Asus dropped the ARES brand, Gigabyte don't even write the brand on the boxes no more, while that MSI representative with the comment about AMD wins it all..... :rolleyes:

So, who exactly to give money now? AsRock but are their motherboards giving satisfactory results with memory like DDR4-3200? Hmm...

Associate
While Dell and HP refuse to jump on the nVidia bandwagon with the GPP, others like Asus, Gigabyte and MSI are very active members of the anti-AMD campaign.
Asus dropped the ARES brand, Gigabyte don't even write the brand on the boxes no more, while that MSI representative with the comment about AMD wins it all..... :rolleyes:

So, who exactly to give money now? AsRock but are their motherboards giving satisfactory results with memory like DDR4-3200? Hmm...

I do believe the Asrock Taichi X370 was a very good board for memory timings and overclocking hence why it gets used in this bundle https://www.overclockers.co.uk/8pac...90ghz-overclocked-ryzen-bundle-bu-00g-8p.html

I am also reluctant to give money to Nvidia and the brand that have signed up to GPP so I will go for an asrock myself but I also need a better Graphics card than my 290X but Vega is just to costly and power hungry for me to justify so GTX 1080 it has to be:(

Last edited:
Associate
That depends - I'm not sure whether or not the X470 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming can deal with a stock 2600x or if I should step up to the Gaming 7 Wifi.

Looking forward to a mainboard tier list / buildzoid's review.

Associate
Can we not even download a bios upgrade now that will enable it to work with the new 2000 series cpus? I was thinking of getting a CH6 rather then going for the newer mobo and spend a bit more and get the 2700x.

Yeah, but you need to be 100% sure the BIOS upgrade will be successful with no CPU (USB stick).

Associate
That depends - I'm not sure whether or not the X470 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming can deal with a stock 2600x or if I should step up to the Gaming 7 Wifi.

Looking forward to a mainboard tier list / buildzoid's review.

define deal with? I'm currently using a B350 tomahawk with my 1700 runing 1.325v @ 3.9 with no issues.

Associate
I’ve done the same Darren , seemed a decent amount cheaper than other boards ......hope I don’t regret not spending a bit more :( looks a decent board specs wise though

Got some 8pack 3200 ram and a 2700x to slot in it.

Associate
I’ve also ordered the Asus X470 prime. Couldn’t find any reviews of this board yet but it looks decent enough for the price. I really wanted the Gigabyte Ultra gaming for the extra USB ports but there is no stock of this board anywhere.

Associate
The Gigabyte boards look pretty decent, but after my last experience with Gigabyte, I'm Asus all the way.
Wouldn't rule out MSI either, just went for Asus on this occasion.
The Prime does look good, as does the TUF (about £150), but the TUF seems not to support as fast RAM as some of the others.

God knows whether the extra 45 quid was worth it, but hell, I've ordered it now so we'll see!

Associate
My last Motherboard was a AX370 Gaming 5, Had too many hardware defects so did not want to risk the nightmare all over again & gone with Asus,
I noticed OC3D all that did not review the prime, Got great sound built in & can OC the CPU just like the rest, Just comes down on the CPU Lotto,
Also like the white & LED effects & with 2 RGB headers & heat sink for M.2 go nice with my in win white case.

Back
Top Bottom