What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Associate
Right now I'm really just playing some pick up and play kind of games, quick game of rocket league or hearthstone etc last "proper" game I played was Spiderman Remastered, it had been on my list for a while, but knew I didnt have the gpu grunt to play it with the settings it deserved lol, picked up a 2080ti from the Members Market here, big preformance boost, then bought Spider-man around Christmas and just got sunk into it, really enjoyed it, I may pick up the miles Morales game at some point but I have a few other games I'd been putting off buying until I'd a better gpu that I nay get 1st, just finding the time to play through a bigger story game along with also being in the right mindframe to tackle a lager story game....hence the pick up and play games I'm playing atm lol

Soldato
I recently got a nice Lenovo laptop from MM and one thing i have been wanting to play is some old FMV games. I recently got all the Tex Murphy and Gabriel knight games for very very cheap from GOG. I have also got a load of Spectrum games that have been remade from Retrospec. Along with these i have just got Blade Runner Enhanced and The Silent Hill games to play from GOG.

That will take this old fart a while to get through (Off on a cruise in a couple of months so wanted something to play on the laptop but also got a Steamdeck and a Switch to take.. lol

Other than that i generally play a bit of Fortnite (No builds) but i am a big fan of Resident Evil, Silent Hill etc.. Looking forward to SH2 remake.

There are plenty of games to keep me busy (I am 50)...

Soldato
Back trying to finish Sekiro and trying to give Warhammer 2 a proper go.

I just don't think these Total War games are as enjoyable as Rome Medieval 2 and Shogun 2 were though. :/

Soldato
Agreed. Rome 2 was the start of the decline for me. It was my favourite series before that. :(

Yeah, I thought it peaked with Medieval 2. That game was so engaging and made me feel like a tactical genius when things went well. Never had the same feeling from the later ones.

On another note, I started Yakuza 6 last night, with the plan to go through that and Gaiden on GP and then hope there's a bit of a reduction on Infinite Wealth. I skipped the middle part of the series because I didn't want to go through the same minigames again, but enjoying being back in Kamurocho again.

Caporegime
A neat puzzle game called "Hexceed". I think it cost me 79p and it will provide hours of brain frazzling fun - it's like Windows 3.1 Minesweeper but on steroids.

EDIT: Scratch that, it's actually FREE!

Last edited:
Associate
Having some fun with Crusader Kings III at the moment. I would like to give Helldivers 2 a go (I really enjoyed the first one) - but don't want to spend my time getting kicked from PUG's for lack of 'skillz' ;)

Soldato
Have been playing Helldivers 2 which is fun with a few friends. Not having the best experience though due to my almost 8 year old hardware, but it's playable and still enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom