What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Associate
Magicraft

a Roguelike that allows you to experiment with spells that you attach to wands. There must be millions of combinations. There's some awesome screen clearing ones.
Imagine Noita type spells and wands.
Great fun. One of those games that I just have a quick go of and find I have nearly 70 hours of playtime.

Associate
Last Epoch, filling that Diablo itch that D4 just doesn't seem to do. It had a rocky start with server issues due to a massive influx of players they weren't prepared for (260K peak), but the game itself is great and the options for customising your build are plentiful if you're prepared to put the time in and explore the skill/passive tree's.

Soldato
Hitman ( the new generation of games )

When i was a young teen i used to love all the hitman games up to Blood money in 2006.

But there was a huge 6 year gap to absolution and i felt that game was not worth the wait and could not get into it.

I have just started to play the 2016 onwards games and must say they are really good and worth playing again.

Soldato
Last of us on PC. First really consoley game I've played in ages. Initially frustrated by lack of sand box that I'm used to.

Then realised how curated each chapter was. It's more like being a main character in a film. Really enjoying it.

Last edited:
Soldato
At this moment in time, just FS2020 and Cities Skylines, I'm going to consolidate my game list and uninstall what I'm not playing to free some disk space, and be extra, extra critical about anything I play going forward to avoid filling my discs up with crap, too many games are sub par.

I do have Hogwarts, I may keep this, I just can't get into it, something about the navigation and quests is grinding my gears at the moment.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
SPRAWL:
it's a retro styled boomer shooter, really good mechanics and the music slaps.

Metro 2033 Redux:
Playing before replaying Exodus Enhanced below. I've played the first 2 games, and Redux is a combo of both games with improved mehcanics, HUD, visuals, so will relive the first 2 through Redux then switch over to Exodus. U've only clocked 2 hours on Redux it seems as it was free to owners of the first game ages ago and I only just touched it for a bit but have long since forgotten most of what happens.

Metro Exodus Enhanced:
This is a replay. this time focusing solely on exploration as there's lots oto find and I am now speaking to all NPCs too as these interactions and actually making different choices dictates what happens later in the game. It also looks and runs so good now with all RT maxed out and at 5160x2160 :p

Dying Light 2:
I stopped after 8hrs before but the new update and DLC were enough to give it a reinstall as they enhanced the visuals too it seems.

Zelda Tears of the Kingdom:
Have it on Switch but wanted to play it with ultrawide and with 60fps instead of the forced 30fps on console. I can't stress enough that even though I'm playing via emulation, the control mechanics wipe the floor with any other game. Nintendo are masters of controls it's quite remarkable how intuitive it all feels even though I'm not using the Switch Pro controller.

Last edited:
Associate
Playing Mortal Kombat 11, I haven't played a fighting game since Tekken 2 (1995) so I'm not particularly good at this genre of games but still having a bit of fun :p

Associate
An update to my current list:

Vampire surivors: trying to finish off the DLC in small burst.

Ravenlok: a lighter game for the ROG ally.

AC Mirage: on the ROG Ally via streaming from my Series X (boo, hisss). Really impressed with this use case at 7w

Guardians of the Galaxy: not really gripping me at the moment. Streaming via XSX

I completed Cocoon last week. What an awesome experience.

Back
Top Bottom