What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Soldato
Last week, mostly 3 games:

Old world: (some negative reviews had me a bit cautious, but being a diehard 4x fan I had no problem getting into it, not even played the tutorials but explored most of the features myself in a reegular game and enjoyed it highly, I've wasted almost 10 hrs last weekend on it. It's a bit more tiring than Civ 6 I think due to the huge amount of text you have to read every turn from all the events, but otherwise, superb game.
NFS Heat: fun racing game with better UI and visuals than Forza Horizon 4 imho. Easy game for playing 2-3 races and quitting again. People hate on EA but I think this is a genuinely nice game, it's better in most aspects than NFS Underground 2 which is my benchmark to the arcade streetracer genre.
Vampire Survivors: It looked like **** initially to me, but It's so addicting and so good, hell I think It's even more addictive than Hades. Which also surprised me a lot. I never played or was interested in roguelikes, until Hades and now Vampire Survivors.

Last edited:
Associate
Hell Divers 2 and World of Warships. I'm finding it very difficult to find time to play any games that require time investment.

I've still not completed Starfield yet, I'll go back to it at some stage but man, it's a chore!

Soldato
Terra Invicta, Minecraft (my eight year old has started playing it and likes playing co-op and making large farms with stuff like red stone and pistons etc is fun) and in the last few days Hell Divers 2

I even still play the odd game of Sid Meirs Alpha Centauri released circa 1997!

Last edited:
Associate
Baldurs gate 3, and terminator dark fate defiance which is spanking me badly, 3rd mission and had to drop it to the lowest difficulty, strong emphasis on using limited equipment, and finding scattered resources, good though, enjoying both !!!

Associate
Still playing MW3 Warzone Resurgence but growing increasingly frustrated so need to find a new game.

I loved playing DMZ during MW2 season 1-6, it was a lot more chilled out at the beginning and still is but Activision abandoned DMZ completely and there is no more new content.

Gray Zone Warfare looks SO promising so hoping it will be as good as the Devs are making it out to be.

Associate
Still mostly playing ARK, although now Ascended rather than Evolved. I think at this point I have to concede I have stockholm syndrome as it's a really lazy remaster and the dev/publisher are handling it horribly, but I still love it. Still got a few mods I want to play through on Evolved so gonna be a while until I kick the habit.

Also playing the occasional round or two of BattleBit/ BF2042, which is fun but not grabbing me in the same way BC2/BF3 used to.
Need to get back to KSP2 as well.

I just find it so rare these days to actually get sucked in to a game and usually only manage an hour or two a week then go back to binging TV shows on Disney+

Soldato
I think I am in a mood for old school FPS games. Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered and having a good time, mission variety is what I like about this game.

Back
Top Bottom