What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Ghost of Tsushima (PC Director's Cut). One of the very best games I've played for the last 10 years. An absolute oasis in a desert of ****.

Last edited:
Stellaris is finally clicking. I find it far more engaging than some of the other games in its genre.
I really like Stellaris, its got some top notch DLC too that really expand the game mechanics with new features. Plus it has one of the best OSTs of any game out there

This one in particular

Last edited:
I really like Stellaris, its got some top notch DLC too that really expand the game mechanics with new features. Plus it has one of the best OSTs of any game out there

This one in particular

Yes some of the tracks are phenomenal, they go so well with the game!

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Yup and as a big Jean Michel Jarre fan, they appeal to me greatly for their similarity to some of his tracks

Not heard of him* but going to have a listen. A couple of my fave tracks are 'Assembling the Fleet' and 'In Search of Life' but it is hard to pick from so many good ones.

Last edited:
Not heard of him* but going to have a listen. A couple of my fave tracks are 'Assembling the Fleet' and 'In Search of Life' but it is hard to pick from so many good ones.
JMJ is getting on a bit in years now, but his shows were truly a phenomenon. His concert at Londons Docklands in 1988 was an amazing spectacle :D , I love his laser harp

Playing COD MW3 as it appeared on game pass.

Despite the panning it got, single player campaign was pretty good and enjoying the multiplayer (>50 btw and not some snot nosed corner hugging sniper)

Having struggled to get into a game for ages with my ADHD brain I have given dark souls III another go, tried it in the past and beat a few bosses but it never hooked me.

I'm now completely obsessed, played about 24 hours in the last week :p

Gone for a high dex build and loving my sharp +9 uchigatana, on the hunt for the titanite slabs for +10, not got much of the main bosses left but then the dlc to go onto, so much content.

My mind is already wondering what next though, Sekiro? Elden Ring? Demon souls on ps5? Ds1 remaster? Who knows...

Last edited:
Farcry 6 which considering the negative reviews I read, is really quite good!

Looks decent. Plays decent. Roam around an island killing sh...

Very happy for £4.
That's a lot of (mostly repetitive) game for only £4. Very decent price

Reinstalled GTA V, only played 30 hours worth in 2015, starting from the beginning. Funny how our PCs are so fast now it breaks the game engine, so far there are 2 levels that fail unless the frame rate is limited to 60fps in the drivers (not the game). Every GTA mission is the same, just hang back in the car and wait for all the scripted things to get in my way.

Also need to carry on with RDR2, so far 50% done (just hang back in the horse and wait for all the scripted things to get in my way) :)

I reinstalled Starfield and did some more ship designing, trying to fit habs/doors, mostly I think it breaks my brain, done with it again now.

I might buy Webbed, looks like a great grappling spider/physics game.

Reinstalled GTA V, only played 30 hours worth in 2015, starting from the beginning. Funny how our PCs are so fast now it breaks the game engine, so far there are 2 levels that fail unless the frame rate is limited to 60fps in the drivers (not the game). Every GTA mission is the same, just hang back in the car and wait for all the scripted things to get in my way.

Also need to carry on with RDR2, so far 50% done (just hang back in the horse and wait for all the scripted things to get in my way) :)

I reinstalled Starfield and did some more ship designing, trying to fit habs/doors, mostly I think it breaks my brain, done with it again now.

I might buy Webbed, looks like a great grappling spider/physics game.

I reinstalled GTA5 again at the start of this year and started a new single player campaign. I did enjoy it quite a lot but as time went on it just fell out of my scope and I ended up uninstalling it. I did try the online mode again as well but it's just so far ahead of where I was and I was so behind money wise it's just pointless.

I have owned RDR2 since it came out and still haven't played it past the train robbery. I don't know why I just can't get the time or remember to play it!!!

Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader now - Took a while to get into due to the amount of text you need to read and I've been out of the 40k universe for a long long time. Pretty steep learning curve but now I can't put it down!

I was into Orks when i was a lot younger - would love a turn based shooter trying to command those lunatics!

Farthest Frontier - can't put it down, played nothing else for the last 3 weeks. Already had my money's worth out of this early access game

Having struggled to get into a game for ages with my ADHD brain I have given dark souls III another go, tried it in the past and beat a few bosses but it never hooked me.

I'm now completely obsessed, played about 24 hours in the last week :p

Gone for a high dex build and loving my sharp +9 uchigatana, on the hunt for the titanite slabs for +10, not got much of the main bosses left but then the dlc to go onto, so much content.

My mind is already wondering what next though, Sekiro? Elden Ring? Demon souls on ps5? Ds1 remaster? Who knows...
Definitely recommend elden ring, having done all the souls games elden ring is huge, and an amazingly complex world!!

Riven – Didn't play the original but decided to pick up the remake having previously done the same for Myst.

Excellent puzzler, enjoyed the world building much more than I did with Myst. The puzzles, while requiring some thought, were always logical and fit well within the world.

i am struggling to find games to play now am in my late 30s every now and again i enjoy pubg but maybe my head is in the sand and i am not looking correctly any recommendations ?

Back
Top Bottom