What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Trying to get back into Starfield, but my game SSD has **** the bed, so maybe that’s a sign.
I actually didnt mind Starfield though it was a pretty good game to be honest... yer it had its issue and the side quests were a lot better then the main story but I didnt mind it at all :)

Stelly

I actually didnt mind Starfield though it was a pretty good game to be honest... yer it had its issue and the side quests were a lot better then the main story but I didnt mind it at all :)

Stelly

I initially loved it, but got bored pretty fast. Going back to it now and seeing the insane number of mods has reinvigorated my taste for it.

Mine had a display issue, was at 4k res or trying to be on my 2k screen. Is that what you mean?

I can't even get to the main menu, just shows the game title menu then crashes for me, I'll try changing my resolution now though, I think I had the same problem with the finals.

Edit : nope still crashes

Last edited:
I can't even get to the main menu, just shows the game title menu then crashes for me, I'll try changing my resolution now though, I think I had the same problem with the finals.

Edit : nope still crashes
This may help:

Issues fixed​

Game fails to launch, with 0xc0000005 exception code in the Windows Event Viewer​

Disable DSR/VSR or connect to a lower resolution display.
  • The game will crash when enumerating resolutions that are too high on first launch, possibly those above 3840x2160.
  • Disabling NVIDIA DSR or AMD VSR, or connecting to a lower resolution display should allow the game to start.
  • Once the game has started for the first time, you can re-enable DSR/VSR or connect up your high resolution displays and it should continue to work.

Reduce output audio bit depth and sample rate.
  • The game will also crash when the default sound adapter outputs audio at bit depth and sample rate higher than 24-bit and 192 kHz respectively, producing the same error code.
  1. Open Control Panel.
  2. Select the Sound tab.
  3. Under the Playback tab, search your audio adapter device.
  4. Right click your device and select Properties.
  5. At the Advanced tab, open the Default Formatdropdown menu.
  6. Select 24-bit, 192000 Hz (Studio Quality) or lower.
  7. Select Apply to confirm changes.
Notes

When confirming the changes, Windows may prompt about the device being used by another application. Select Yesanyway.

If an application is actively outputting audio when changing configurations, it will stop after confirming the prompt. The affected applications will need to be restarted to fix this issue.

This may help:

Issues fixed​

Game fails to launch, with 0xc0000005 exception code in the Windows Event Viewer​

Disable DSR/VSR or connect to a lower resolution display.
  • The game will crash when enumerating resolutions that are too high on first launch, possibly those above 3840x2160.
  • Disabling NVIDIA DSR or AMD VSR, or connecting to a lower resolution display should allow the game to start.
  • Once the game has started for the first time, you can re-enable DSR/VSR or connect up your high resolution displays and it should continue to work.

Reduce output audio bit depth and sample rate.
  • The game will also crash when the default sound adapter outputs audio at bit depth and sample rate higher than 24-bit and 192 kHz respectively, producing the same error code.
  1. Open Control Panel.
  2. Select the Sound tab.
  3. Under the Playback tab, search your audio adapter device.
  4. Right click your device and select Properties.
  5. At the Advanced tab, open the Default Formatdropdown menu.
  6. Select 24-bit, 192000 Hz (Studio Quality) or lower.
  7. Select Apply to confirm changes.
Notes

When confirming the changes, Windows may prompt about the device being used by another application. Select Yesanyway.

If an application is actively outputting audio when changing configurations, it will stop after confirming the prompt. The affected applications will need to be restarted to fix this issue.

Thanks for helping me out (I uninstalled it) but will reinstall now :D hopefully one of these two solutions is the answer.

Edit : disabling VSR (Virtual Super Resolution) indeed worked for me, thanks a lot mate.

Last edited:
You are welcome, hopefully you won’t suck at it as badly as I do
The camera movement feels weird to me, but maybe it was always like that, but too young at the time to care when I originally played all these games.

The graphics are nice at least, but I just wanted to unlock a bit of nostalgia from my PS1 days from 2000-2001 :D I'm also pretty poor at it as the controls feel quite sensitive also.

Making more of an effort to actually complete games this year rather than bounce from one to another. So currently working my way through Hogwarts Legacy, while im enjoying the game, the developers have made some very weird decisions when it comes to the UX the main ones for me are the inability to pause cut scenes and having to reset the transmog system everytime you upgrade your gear.

Decided to give Medieval Dynasty another spin as it's had a few updates.
Also been replaying a little bit of Fallout 4, though the game seems to not like something about my current PC as it's taking a good 2-3 minutes to load whenever I enter/exit a building...

I've been playing Harold Halibut the past week or so on Game Pass, and after nearly 10 hours I uninstalled it yesterday without completing it. I'd been looking forward to it since seeing a trailer a few years ago and hoped it'd hit the same part of my brain as games like Kentucky Route Zero and The Dream Machine, but it fell almost completely flat for me. The character and environment design and overall visual quality is superb, every area is detailed with some wonderful lighting and shadows. Unfortunately the gameplay and narrative were not up to the same quality; despite the detailed environment filled with objects there's minimal interaction with any of it outside of specific scripted events for tasks. The tasks themselves which the game has you doing to push the story along are all so, so boring. I spent most of my time running back and forth between the same few areas either to speak to someone or collect/drop off an item.

The story moves along at glacial pace, there are no particularly likeable characters (including the hapless Harold you play as) and most of them seem to resent you in some way; within the first 5 or so minutes of starting the game Harold is berated by no less than four different characters, one of whom is a child. Later on one of them has yet another dig at Harold, while another deliberately electrocutes him as a prank. All the while, Harold doesn't challenge or confront any of them and instead continues to be friendly or worse, act like he's the one at fault. This would be somewhat more bearable if the game had even an ounce of humour but the dialogue is so dull, and when they're not having a go at Harold the characters haven't got much else interesting to say.

I desperately wanted to like it or at least find enough reason to stick with it to the end, but I've only got a couple of weeks of Game Pass left and there's plenty of other stuff I can play instead. If you're somehow still intrigued by it after reading all that, watch a playthrough on YouTube while holding a controller in your hand, it's effectively the same thing.

Been totally sucked into Cities 2 lately, think I've hammered out 40 odd hours on it in the last week or so.

Will see if Black Myth Wukong manages to pull me away from it on the 20th

Anyone installed and played this week's freebie on Epic Store, the new shmup called Cygni?

Installed it Thursday afternoon, but felt so mentally tired since, so not dared fry my brain!
Good call, I'd quickly scanned the freebies but didn't seem to see this one somehow. Installing on the deck now, 20GB though!

Last edited:
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

There's still two characters that I've never played on this game - Athena and the gun (showdown) woman. So I decided on Athena and started a new playthrough. I don't know why this game gets so much hate, it's pretty good floating about and slamming on baddies heads.

Back
Top Bottom