What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Soldato
I got back into Minecraft and sinking quite a bit of time into the vanilla game. Started on Bedrock with a small community and then found some likeminded people starting a Java server. Enjoying automated farms and all that. Funny mentioning to a mate as it's the same game his five year old is into. :D

Soldato
I play a lot of Apex Legends, and been trying to play other things like Darktide 40K and Aliens: Fireteam, just to mix it up a bit. My buddies play apex so kinda stuck with that unless I want to play alone lol.

Most of the games these days sit in my collection barely played. Witcher... all games.... for example lol.

Associate
Rainbow Six Siege.

A comp shooter but slower paced and less aim dependant more destructible environment strategy. Just trying to refuse to believe I am any slower than when I was half my age :p

Although its verging on self-harm as it is a very team focused 5v5 game and I only Solo Queue

Associate
Been playing remnant 2 got it set to veteran and it’s pretty challenging especially the boss fights, just made it to the final boss and Jesus wept the second phase is insane solo !!

Associate
I seem to pick up whatever is 'free' on Epic :D Most recently though I got into Genshin Impact - its quite neat that its cross-platform so I can 'continue' whether I'm on my phone or on the PC

Associate
Fantastic series and something you can definitely sink your teeth into. There around 7 main games in the series so I'd start off with Yakuza 0 and go from there.

Ended up looking at loads of other games and found most of them on PC game pass, subbed to that and saw Yakuza 0 was on there. Thought I'd give it a go and I've been playing it since haha. Thanks for the recommendation :p

Associate
Ended up looking at loads of other games and found most of them on PC game pass, subbed to that and saw Yakuza 0 was on there. Thought I'd give it a go and I've been playing it since haha. Thanks for the recommendation :p
No worries mate, I gave Yakuza 0 a try based on the overwhelming positive feedback and that game got me hooked onto the entire series :)

Man of Honour
I'm currently mostly playing Sunkenland. I thought I'd be playing Starfield (I have the premium edition from buying a graphics card recently), but it's sitting idle in my library.

Sunkenland is early access, i.e. unfinished, but it works and I like it. And it's cheap. £17. Good value for money. It's a survival game in a world that is mostly flooded, which makes scavenging for resources different to similar games in my experience because in Sunkenland you're mostly diving for it. Freediving to begin with. You can learn to cobble together some very low grade SCUBA gear later in the game to extend your underwater time a bit. Tech tree, schematics, the usual mechanics. There's an optional tower defence mechanic in which the base you make is sometimes attacked by bandits. I turned that off. Scattered small islands, some of them inhabited by various hostile factions.

It does need polish. For example, you can craft various containers for storage that you open with 'F'. But you can't close them with 'F'. You close them with 'Esc'. It's a clumsy aspect of UI. But it's functional and it's cheap and it's a bit different.

It's made me idly curious about something...is it quite easy to get a little bit lost when diving IRL? In the game, up/down seems less immediately obvious underwater as you have far more freedom of movement in all directions and gravity seems less obvious due to buoyancy. The submerged remains of a building can look quite different from different angles and I'm not used to seeing things from different vertical angles. It's good as a game mechanic because it makes scavenging distinctly different. I'm just idly curious regarding how realistic it is.

Other than that, I'm still playing 7 Days to Die (almost always overhaul mods, not vanilla any more) and Revhead.

Associate
Started playing F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch (2021) a few days ago and I'm absolutely loving it. It has some of the best graphics I have seen for a metroidvania game and the movement and combat feels so good :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom