What book are you reading...

Soldato
Read Game of Thrones whilst on holiday. Wow, just wow. Going to read the rest now. Even better than i was expecting.

I am very envious...to be able to read them again for the first time would be awesome. Though tbh, the last two were better on re-reads, especially Feast, which I wasn't looking forward to revisitting when I did, but I loved it more than the first time. A slow burner, but it has some great moments, and some of Martin's best writing imo.

I've got The Crow Road sitting here ready, just about to start it.

Soldato
Listening to "God is not great" by Christopher Hitchen. Truly excellent work IMO. Some of the things that are done in the name of religion are hard to even listen to. For example, female genital mutilation. Horrendous.

Reading "The Abominable" by Dan Simmons. A slow starter about three climbers on Everest who are purused by something [/]. I'm not gripped yet (i'm only 3% in) but it is certainly intriguing.

Caporegime
Just finished Gardens of Stone, a true story about a young english boy growing up in france during the german occupation and his escapades joining resistance right up until the allies start pushing them back.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, now to start game of thrones :)

Associate
The First Casualty, by Ben Elton.

It's an crime story set against the backdrop of the First World War. The story is pretty simple, but the account of the horrors of the war is humbling.

Man of Honour
Finished Moon Shot, great book about Apollo 11, some stuff in there which hasn't been in other books on the subject.

Now finally on Michio Kaku - Future of the mind
Which I know will be amazing and thought provoking as his books always are. Love his blend of the past and future, but only future stuff that is theoretically possible and most of it also has at least proof of concept stuff.

Associate
Finished Moon Shot, great book about Apollo 11, some stuff in there which hasn't been in other books on the subject.

I've not heard of this one, will have to add it to the list!

You might also like Moon Dust by Andrew Smith. It focuses on each of the astronauts and their lives after the landings.

Back
Top Bottom