What book are you reading...

Soldato
I started the Joe Abercrombie - Age of Madness trilogy a few weeks ago having loved the First Law trilogy. So just finished "The Trouble with Peace" cool book loved the plotting and scheming and the grand battles very entertaining. I have the final book in the trilogy on pre-order and due out in a few weeks time so looking forward to completing the trilogy.

For those who haven't read it the First Law trilogy is brilliant, fantasy with a very real and lived in feel. The Bloody Nine became in an instant one of my all time favourite characters.
That's good to hear. I've just started listening to it on audio book. Finished Red Country last week, and Beat Served Cold before that.

Red Country was a solid 7/10, maybe more. Slow build was too slow in my opinion, but it had some great payoffs.

Best Served Cold is simply an amazing book.

Soldato
The Fall of Babel: Book Four of the Books of Babel.

Enjoyed the first three but the start of the fourth seems to be dragging on a bit. Longer chapters don't help either. Hopefully it improves as the story moves on.

Soldato
Just finished The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer. A memoir of a German soldier fighting (mostly) in ukraine during ww2. Not bad, but drags a bit towards the end.

Russian artillery seems to still be a thing...

Soldato
The Wisdom of Crowds 3rd book in Joe Abercrombie’s Age of Madness trilogy. Really good stuff building very nicely to its finale.

I always new how bad The Terror of the French Revolution was but I’ve never read a novel in that setting. This book captures some of the hopeless brutal savager, the waste and the pain really well.

Associate
Just finished The Stand by Stephen King, took me a good few months to read but was absolutely brilliant and probably felt more relatable due to covid and the pandemic than if I had read it beforehand.

Associate
Just finished Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer. It is brilliant and strange in equal measure. Enjoyed the movie, though not sure if that was based on the trilogy, as they story departs quite a bit.

Currently reading Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus. Quite enjoyable but I find very short chapters take me out of the book.

Soldato
15 years late but currently reading 'The Name Of the Wind'.

Don't need to talk it up too much. It's well documented on here what an excellent book it is. And it's not disappointing thus far at all.

Back
Top Bottom