What book are you reading...

I'm partway through the Nikon D7000 manual. The plot's a little hard to follow, but there's plenty of detail. I've also just started Anathem by Neal Stephenson.

The Moral Landscape by Sam Harris.
Really interesting, if a bit hard to follow with the long words and lack of explain what all the different positions actually mean.

The Moral Landscape: How Science Can Determine Human Values is a book by Sam Harris. In it, he promotes a science of morality and argues that many thinkers have long confused the relationship between morality, facts, and science. He aims to carve a third path between secularists who say morality is subjective (e.g. moral relativists), and religionists who say that morality is given by God and scripture. Harris contends that the only moral framework worth talking about is one where "morally good" things pertain to increases in the "well-being of conscious creatures". He then argues that, problems with philosophy of science and reason in general notwithstanding, 'moral questions' will have objectively right and wrong answers which are grounded in empirical facts about what causes people to flourish.

Re-reading the entire Gaunt's Ghost's series. Just started the third omnibus, The Lost. As it's mainly been bed time reading, it's taken many months to get his far. :D Considering the Ravenor/Eisenhorn stuff as my next purchase. It seems highly regarded.

I have recently read the first 4 Sharpe books, really enjoyed them all.
Just finished the second Harry Hole book by Jo Nesbo, i found it much better than the first one.
Tonight just started Sharpe no. 5

If you started the first 4 Sharpe books chronologically, as opposed to when Cornwell actually wrote them, then you're in for a treat as they just get better. I started reading them in the late 90's and did my run through from Sharpe's Eagle (well Rifle's) and went that way, and so the 'new books' were somewhat of a disappointment.

Still, it's a great series nonetheless.

Just finished The Hobbit.
A great story, which I actually prefer to The Lord of The Rings, but good lord Peter Jackson has ruined the movies with the extra rubbish that he added :(.

The Gods Of War by Conn Iggulden. Started the first book last October and read the first three within the space of a week or two. Then for some reason just stopped. Picked the fourth book up last night and read until 3am. Halfway through.

I really like it

In trying to find somebody even close to as good as gemmell I bought the clockwork vampire trilogy.

It's rubbish, disjointed, no likeable characters. Will finish the books but won't be hitting more from the author.

American Gods.

I'm 100 pages in, I'm still a bit in the dark about what's happening and some of it is a bit bizarre but it's captivating, and there's at least 2 or 3 characters that I've taken a liking to, so I'm going to keep going and see where the book goes. From reviews I can only imagine it gets quite good before the end.

American Gods.

I'm 100 pages in, I'm still a bit in the dark about what's happening and some of it is a bit bizarre but it's captivating, and there's at least 2 or 3 characters that I've taken a liking to, so I'm going to keep going and see where the book goes. From reviews I can only imagine it gets quite good before the end.

Great book, stick with it.

Back
Top Bottom