• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What card are you currently rocking?

Soldato
How are the temps?
Spot on when undervolted with a small bump to fan curve in the middle. It's a chunky card, weighed in around 1,800g. So can get quite warm before fans need to kick in. I can't remember top of my head but sure it's in the 70s. And my case isnt made for airflow. I remember doing a none undervolted test pulling 300w whilst doing furmark extreme for 15 minutes and junction temp hit 86.

Associate
OP
Spot on when undervolted with a small bump to fan curve in the middle. It's a chunky card, weighed in around 1,800g. So can get quite warm before fans need to kick in. I can't remember top of my head but sure it's in the 70s. And my case isnt made for airflow. I remember doing a none undervolted test pulling 300w whilst doing furmark extreme for 15 minutes and junction temp hit 86.

Cool thanks for that. What case airflow do you have? You mentioned it wasn't a focus.

Soldato
Cool thanks for that. What case airflow do you have? You mentioned it wasn't a focus.
No worries. Just x3 140mm silent wings 3 fans (two intake and one exhaust). Front has sound deadening and a hinged door so it isn't open mesh or anything like that. Side is tempered glass. I do think I should get a better case like. I do have a triple rad on the top which could be helping expel hot air but still feel intake is constricted currently.

Associate
OP
No worries. Just x3 140mm silent wings 3 fans (two intake and one exhaust). Front has sound deadening and a hinged door so it isn't open mesh or anything like that. Side is tempered glass. I do think I should get a better case like. I do have a triple rad on the top which could be helping expel hot air but still feel intake is constricted currently.

Good to know. I'm planning 2x 140mm intake and 2x 140mm exhaust. So hopefully enough for a top card. I can add a 3rd exhaust if needed.

Associate
Have been using a Sapphire 6500XT purchased from here in Feb last year. Been fine for the old games and indies that I tend to play on PC. However today just received and installed an RX 6650XT (along with 32GB RAM upgrade).

I didn't want to spend to much to upgrade this PC but it has been quite the improvement in performance. Was looking at the 7600 but the 6650XT is £30-50 cheaper and performance wise there isn't a lot in it that I think would have mattered too much for my use case.

Last edited:
Associate
How has your experience been with it?
It’s been better than the TUF OC 7900 XTX and Nitro + 7900 XTX in that it’s had the least coil whine. The TUF was horrible ASUS cards seem to suffer the worst I went through 3 and the Nitro+ just had sone too that I could heat outside the case. I think probably my setup combination causes some of it but the Gigabyte seems to work best. They all have the same general performance the gigabyte has good temps 60 degrees GPU and around 85 on junction.
All these cards for same in terms of performance just get what works best for you.

Associate
OP
It’s been better than the TUF OC 7900 XTX and Nitro + 7900 XTX in that it’s had the least coil whine. The TUF was horrible ASUS cards seem to suffer the worst I went through 3 and the Nitro+ just had sone too that I could heat outside the case. I think probably my setup combination causes some of it but the Gigabyte seems to work best. They all have the same general performance the gigabyte has good temps 60 degrees GPU and around 85 on junction.
All these cards for same in terms of performance just get what works best for you.

Coil whine is such a lottery. Although I've not heard good things about Asus AMD cards and their build quality.

Back
Top Bottom