• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What card are you currently rocking?

Don
Huh? That would be a downgrade.

No it wouldn't

bgmneuS.png

Associate
Yeh, I run my 3080TIFE undervolted to max out at 0.9v/1950Mhz.

Even during the recent heatwave we had, most I saw it maxed out at was 74C, normally runs at 70-72c fully stressed.

Great card TBH.
I do this too with a 3080. At first it was out of caution as I'm using a 650w PSU but then I realised you can get for performance vs stock at the same power limit. I keep telling myself to hold on to it but the upgrade itch is real sometimes.

Associate
6800xt Red Devil, wasn't particualry happy with the price but everything was awful and at the time i bought it was easily the best price/performance around.
Upgraded from a 1080ti, was on a full hard pipe loop and wanted get away from that and go back to air so it made sense upgrade at the same time, also swapped a 3700x to a 5800x3d while i was at it.

Associate
4090, I tried a 7900 xt but didn't get along with it and on nvidia side 4090 was the only gpu that made sence coming from a 3060ti.
It is ridiculously expensive even at the 1350 I payed but it is an absolute beast and hopefully will do me years.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
4090, I tried a 7900 xt but didn't get along with it and on nvidia side 4090 was the only gpu that made sence coming from a 3060ti.
It is ridiculously expensive even at the 1350 I payed but it is an absolute beast and hopefully will do me years.

What was wrong with the 7900?

Associate
It's on auto currently which I believe is somewhere lopped around balanced/quality. but manually setting to quality makes not a big difference to fps anyway nor picture quality thanks to the settings/resolution being used so I just left it on auto. Everything else on ultra, Psycho SSR.That's with path tracing by the way.
On my 4090 @4k, DLSS Auto= DLSS 'Performance'

Man of Honour
Yeah DLSS Auto is not dynamic and depends on the native resolution, at 1440P (16:9) it's DLSS Quality, at above that it's Balanced, at 4K it's Performance. Makes sense since at each native step the internal render res is higher so 4K Performance would look as good as 1440P Quality, if not better due to the higher baseline render.

Associate
I made the exact same swap as you lol 3060ti - xt - and now have a 4090.
Did you get that £1350 ventus deal? if so do you experience any coil whine at all? what sort of temps and fan speeds are you getting and what is your case please?
Can't find any others with the same card.
Mine has loudish fans with coil whine that can be heard over then in some games but at £1350 I'm not sure if I should return as the shop will only refund and the price is back up to £1680 again.

Last edited:
Associate
I made the exact same swap as you lol 3060ti - xt - and now have a 4090.
Did you get that £1350 ventus deal? if so do you experience any coil whine at all? what sort of temps and fan speeds are you getting and what is your case please?
Can't find any others with the same card.
Mine has loudish fans with coil whine that can be heard over then in some games but at £1350 I'm not sure if I should return as the shop will only refund and the price is back up to £1680 again.
Yeh I did get that deal, that is funny we went through the exact same cards.
Mine is very quiet with no coil whine at all.
I limit it to 70% as its in a mitx, a nr200p max, so it drawing fresh air right in but it is heating up the aio something terrible so I'm going to have to rearrange the fan set up.

Associate
Currently on an EVGA 2070 (lovely card), but plan to upgrade to the Asus-Noctua 4080 shortly (yes, I know, I know, but after I've forgotton how much it cost, it'll still be a nice card :o), to complement my new 7800x3d build.

Back
Top Bottom