What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
I can't wait to get back to my bike.

Hoping for an extra long summer as I've been at OP Olympics for the entire ****ing sunny period. :(

Soldato
Went on a bike meet starting at Brands Hatch and moving through various places until we arrived at Rykers cafe at Box Hill.

Was a great day and the weather held out for us. I pretty much did a full circuit of the M25 on this meet and have to say how boring that part was, though the Dartford bridge was good on a bike.

Soldato
Well, just an an update for anyone interested, my mates now speaking with the nurses etc, not sure if there's permy damage as I dont think he can still remember what happened or why he was there, however he's on the mend and that's the main thing. Lets just use that one as a warning me thinks. Hopefully we'll be allowed to visit him soon...

So, bit of a mixed bag weather wise... I wanted to come into work today on bike, but was p1ssing down and thought stuff it, train lol...

Last edited:
Associate
Fitted a new chain and sprocket. Finnaly got the bike in fully working condition after getting the fueling done last tuesday! Now im totaly skint and can't afford much petrol :( Missed out on most of the summer and good weather. Oh well at least not much els can possibly go wrong...

Associate
washed it after work yesterday, went for a ride but got 10 mins from my house and was hit with the heaviest rain, everyone was down to 30mph.....:mad:

Now I have to wash the bike AGAIN! lol Oh well will wash it and ride after work tomorrow, lets see if it rains again.

Soldato
Today I fitted my exhaust, bleed my front brake, put a random indicator on where the snapped one was. Changed the knobblies to road tyres and went for the first ride with the new used engine

Honda XR 125 :p

Associate
fitted new indicators (rizoma tarck77's) needed to hacksaw some mounts to get them to fit properly. looks good (pics to come).

fitted a slightly smaller, cleaner numberplate (pics to come).

also applied some manufacturer decals to the carbon corner protectors. (pics to come).

Associate
Ordered a new nearside front indicator lense after discovering mine missing. A single internet says his cracked and fell off possibly due to overtightening. Annoying.

Caporegime
just been for an m.o.t,passed without issue:D

10or4nk.jpg

£29 it was

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
My MOT runs out on the 18th, I'm feeling good about a pass but you never know.

Went out for a good run today on my fave roads & it was about as nice as it's been this year, Makes a change coming in dry & not having to hose the bike down.

Soldato
I have decide I am my age and ordered a Givi top box mount for my bike. Once I get it fitted I'll then decide which top box to buy but it's looking like a Givi B33 monokey box. Bigger ones are just too big for me but the 33 ltr B33 will fit my helmet, and some other stuff, quite nicely and will make going to the supermarket after work so much easier.

The amount of times I've got too much for my rucksack and had to have a plastic bag of stuff down my jacket. Soon to be no more :D

Soldato
I have a Givi on my zzr1200 I use when going to rallies and shopping you will think it is a tardus, one of the best add ons for the zzr I have ever bought used the same box on a cbr1000f I had great for shopping.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Top box may look **** but they are so useful you'll never be without one once you have it. I leave my helmet gloves & stuff in the topbox whilst I go shopping so I don't feel as bulky/clumsy walking about & then I've still not hit the limits of my topbox for shopping & am currently playing shopping chicken. Great rear rest for girly passengers as well, Makes them feel safe & more likely to get on the bike when they know they have that behind them. ;)

Soldato
That's why I went for the monokey version not the monolock. The lock top boxes claim a max weight of 3kg and are more for scooters and smaller bikes, but the key version claim a max of 10kg weight. Of course that's just a challenge.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
3kg :p That is one medium bag of Frank food, On top of that I got bread large milk 2 packs of bacon some chocolate & other munchy stuffs. Not even close to leaving something behind yet either. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom