What did you do to your bike today?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
'Skidmark'.. ha.
First Google result =
Skid mark
an elongated stain in the rear of one's underwear caused by one of the following: 1)rubbing of the underwear on an insufficiently wiped anus after excrementing 2)expelling juicy farts (butt cheese) into the underwear over an extended period.
:p Butt Cheese.

Think it must be Skidmarx, Cheers. :cool:

Soldato
zzr1200new.jpg

Spit and polish :)

Soldato
A few things I've done in the last couple of weeks (Hadn't seen the thread before).

Carbon Fibre Chain guide

IMAG0008 by ibert1, on Flickr

Magura Clutch MC (snapped the perch in my last crash) and Zeta lever

DSC_2124 by ibert1, on Flickr

Beringer front brake MC and G2 Ergonomics quick throttle tube

DSC_2126 by ibert1, on Flickr

Easton Fatbars and Easton Handguard clamps

DSC_2129 by ibert1, on Flickr

DSC_1277 by ibert1, on Flickr

And had the front forks service and re-valved by Pro-Action.

An Expensive month:(

Last edited:
Soldato
That gives me a semi....

My poor GSXR has been neglected badly, she still has not been cleaned since I have owned her!
With holiday and semi moving into new flat with the misses the bike has not been near a garage so maintenance has been neglected, going to clean and lube the chain tonight and got a new 16t front sprocket to fit hopefully this weekend :)

Then within the next few weeks before going to the TT I need to get a phone mount and charger, and fit a new Qualifier RR to the front!

There is so much I want to buy but having to resist until after this damn expensive New York trip :/

Associate
Passed my mod2 test yesterday and sold my bike today, wasn't even on gum tree for a day! :D Will hopefully be getting the money tomorrow and then I'll be enquiring about a few Sv650's! Can't wait!

Soldato
Went into Wales up the HorseShoe Pass and part of the Evo Triangle... got creamed by a Porsche as I was riding like a noob lol... however, only second time on the new beasty so... learning the tricks ;) Had a brew at the Pondarossa ;)

Associate
The bike passed the MOT saturday so this morning I spent a couple of hours seeing where my oil keeps going :p

2012-05-20143454.jpg

I have a set of 1117, 12:1 comp pistons and a set of barrels already bored to suit that came with the engine im using for the turbo build, they're brand new pistons and freshly bored barrels so a result there!

Will get the head checked over this week with the valves checked and new seals fitted, got my gaskets ready so I just need to wait for Warpspeed to finish with the turbo bike so I can get the barrels back.

A quick look today and most of what Ive seen is good, cams in good condition, head and cam caps also really good. Just really badly glazed bores, like a mirror in there! Thats where my oil is going then!

Ill take the barrels off in the week and fit the new pistons so im all ready for when the head is done and I get the other bike back, hopefully next weekend. Then probably a dyno run to check its good on the bigger pistons and higher comp.

Be even better for the next OcUK track day!

:D

Associate
OP
Well i've just managed to spend another £250 on eBay. It's time for the big service before the 'Ring trip in August.

New Oil & Filter, Chain & Sprockets, K&N Air Filter, NGK Plugs and Front Pads.

Should keep me busy for a day.

I also popped along to PDQ Motorcycles (www.pdq1.com) this morning to have my suspension set up. Although there was only limited tweaking to be done with the standard parts, they have done a good job as it now feels much more planted. Whilst there I got a quote to get a full revamp with new front springs and new rear shock all custom to my weight etc and it was £1,300 :O might have to give that a miss for a little while. ha

Last edited:
Soldato
Gave my new bike a good going over!

Polished the rims
Polished the frame including swing arm
Polished the exhaust
Polished the body work

Makes the bike look like new now! Just have to work out what I'm going to do with the front fork corrosion which is common the Suzuki sv 650s!

Can't wait to get on the road on her, should be a great bike coming from a little 50cc!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I checked that my rear suspension was at factory settings then softened it off 2 clicks. Then I polished up the heel guards & rear peg hangers & give the bike a wipe over with FS365. Then I took it to my local garage adjusted the tyre pressures to suit & filled the tank.
Then I went off for a wander & stuck another 70 miles on, Lovely day all round. :cool:
All ready for the next couple of sunny days. :D

Associate
Dropped the head off today, will have the head and valves de-coked, valves and seats re-cut, new stem seals fitted and shims checked/adjusted to suit.

Tonights work was to remove the barrels and pistons, to be fair it all looks in good nick except for nicely polished bores, would probably have got away with a hone and maybe new piston rings but as I have new pistons ready here im going to fit those.

Barrels and pistons removed
2012-05-21200345.jpg

Box of nicely stored new high comp and 1.5mm oversized pistons
2012-05-21200356.jpg

And the difference between the 2, hard to tell really but they do look nice!
2012-05-21200533.jpg

So thats my work finished for the week, the head will be ready by the end of the week and if Ive not heard from WSR ill give them a call later in the week as im up near them next weekend, hopefully the turbo bike will be ready.

:D

Back
Top Bottom