What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
There's also SP Engineering if you're after a cheap exhaust. I'm going with one of those or more likely a Delkevic for my Hornet soon :D

Need to speak to local bike shop about replacing the fork seals, then I can get it insured and through MOT + buy some tax.

Last edited:
Soldato
What did I do with my bike today? Well for the last 4 months I left the key in it parked at the side of the house...Fortunately undercover and locked up!

Caporegime
There was a used mt07 in streetbike a few weeks back,idk if it's still there but God all the bolts and fasteners on the engine were badly rusted up,worse than my bike,I forgot to see what year it was but couldn't be more that a few years old

@Felix you would have been OK aslong as you had it chained up aswell

Soldato
There was a used mt07 in streetbike a few weeks back,idk if it's still there but God all the bolts and fasteners on the engine were badly rusted up,worse than my bike,I forgot to see what year it was but couldn't be more that a few years old

@felix you would have been OK aslong as you had it chained up aswell

It's things like that that put me off the MT07 (plus it's a bit too similar to my Speed triple). The quality of them seems terrible, wouldn't be surprised if it rusts after the first few wet rides if you use it as a commuter bike. Not sure what this years are like, but it looks like they still have some nasty flimsy plastic around.

Soldato
There's also SP Engineering if you're after a cheap exhaust. I'm going with one of those or more likely a Delkevic for my Hornet soon :D

Need to speak to local bike shop about replacing the fork seals, then I can get it insured and through MOT + buy some tax.

I'm Looking at a new exhaust for the hornet too

Have you seen/heard the Mivv x cone?

You will know which one it is when you hear it!
:eek:

Also

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour

Are you sure the fork seals need replacing, Is it 1 or both ? There is an unbelievably easy fix to certain kinds of fork seal leaks.
Most of the time the seal hasn't actually gone it's just some grit that has worked its way between the stanchion & the seal. You cam buy a tool that slips down in between the two then you slide it right around the stanchion bringing it up as you go pulling the grit out with the tool you use. Few pumps downwards on the bars & job done. Best of all you don't even need the special tool sold as you can do it with a feeler gauge.

I know the above seems far to easy & unlikely so go **** off & Google it. :p

Har I beat ya to Google, Here's that tool -
http://www.sealmate.net/

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you sure the fork seals need replacing, Is it 1 or both ? There is an unbelievably easy fix to certain kinds of fork seal leaks.
Most of the time the seal hasn't actually gone it's just some grit that has worked its way between the stanchion & the seal. You cam buy a tool that slips down in between the two then you slide it right around the stanchion bringing it up as you go pulling the grit out with the tool you use. Few pumps downwards on the bars & job done. Best of all you don't even need the special tool sold as you can do it with a feeler gauge.

I used to have to do this every few months with the Hornet, and it would do a good job at fixing it (I guess it's prone to picking up dirt in there).

However, this time, that unfortunately doesn't work :(

Didn't have to Google it, I have one already, so HAH :p

Soldato

Don't buy Delkovic, they're awful, I had mine put on in August, and replaced with Motad downpipes instead... maybe stainless but it's thin as and they caused me massive problems and everyone on CBR600's... you're Hornet is a detuned CBR isn't it? Be careful is all I say, could cause you problems.

Man of Honour
Don't buy Delkovic, they're awful, I had mine put on in August, and replaced with Motad downpipes instead... maybe stainless but it's thin as and they caused me massive problems and everyone on CBR600's... you're Hornet is a detuned CBR isn't it? Be careful is all I say, could cause you problems.

You're talking about downpipes rather than just an end can though.

Associate
I'm Looking at a new exhaust for the hornet too

Have you seen/heard the Mivv x cone?

You will know which one it is when you hear it!
:eek:

Also

I had Mivv X-Cones on my Aprilia RSV1000R can't say I was overly impressed with them both in build quality or looks hence why I sold them, seemed to be lacking a bit of torque as well but that could just be me.They did sound good though even with the baffle in (held in with a pop rivet). My new Scorpions Cans on the other hand are amazing.

Chris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom