What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
You're talking about downpipes rather than just an end can though.
Agree, but if the quality of headers advertised as OEM replacements are poor, thin grade "steel" and poorly constructed, why would the end can be any better built? Ok, fair enough, didn't realise it was the end can he was after, however, there's far better out there than Delk... and when I called them to complain they were adamant, that their gear was fit for purpose yet EVERYONE who's had their downpipes have complained on CBR600's. Personally, I'd not give them my money, I'd go somewhere else.

However yeah apologies, thoughy was replacing whole exhaust not just the can.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, replaced the headers on my old CBR600FM with Delkevic stainless, no issues at all. Fitting them was a piece of proverbial too, everything lines up to the millimeter. Not always the case with aftermarket headers.

Soldato
Anyway back on topic... I put new front fairing bolts on, nice and shiny and a new screen in black... old one has some scratches. Also, used some "Hammerite" rust remover on the two rear swing arm bolts as they has some surface rust on... used toothbrush on them... now perfect then sprayed with ACF50... rust? On my bike? I think not... just realised it's 17 years old this month... time for a party!

Soldato
Just booked in for 1 year service in June. Thought I'd book ahead now as the dealer seems to be quite busy around that time.

May also book it in for new brake pads then, but I'll see closer to the time. They've got a few mm left of the "recommended" pad left, so still good.

Associate

Whoops - my levers fell off :p

That's better ;).

Also treated the marauder 125 to new oil, air and oil filters, spark plug and a good clean ready to MOT and flog now that the weather is getting better.

Clovis, was it you I spotted on the A10 at Foxton (riding cambridge -> Royston direction) a day or so ago? If not someone around here has the exact same bike and helmet combo ;).

Caporegime
Someone at work recommended Hawk exhausts (cheaper segment of Pipe Werx), so I've finally given in and ordered a black oval one for my SV650.

Also got an R&G tail tidy coming (massive rip off by the way) so I'm looking forward to getting rid of the OEM kit, although I must admit I never had as much of a problem with them as most seem to.

Soldato
Someone at work recommended Hawk exhausts (cheaper segment of Pipe Werx), so I've finally given in and ordered a black oval one for my SV650.

Also got an R&G tail tidy coming (massive rip off by the way) so I'm looking forward to getting rid of the OEM kit, although I must admit I never had as much of a problem with them as most seem to.

Pics and vids of the Hawk when it's on mate :)

IC3

IC3

Soldato
My mate had Hawk on his Duke 125, it was ridiculously loud with the baffle in. It was louder than my Sebring without baffle, I hope my Delkevic is not that loud...

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
My Delkevec was on the VFR I had & it was Perfect, Lovely gentle rumble on tick over, You can cruise quietly through town/past neighbours etc but when I gave it some it came alive & sounded mint. Even my current **** memory can remember how good it sounded.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Thanks a lot Bud. :cool:

It's so weird what I can remember & what I can't, Over about a year ago I can remember things in fine detail as always but recently like my Xmas dinner I can't even remember having it.

Soldato
Been looking at new exhausts for the hornet. Current one is a danmoto Carbon gp from China. Came with the bike and is silly loud, I'm after something bit more throaty and nicer quality.

So spent last few hours researching, my budget is £200 but cheaper the better

Seen:
Scorpion (lifetime warranty)
Mivv ( 2 year warranty)
Delkevic (1 year warranty)
Fuel exhausts (lifetime warranty)
SP engineering

So bit more confused now lol

Soldato
Cleaned it :D

Well, when I say cleaned it, I mean sprayed the chain with sdoc100 chain cleaner, and the rest of the bike with sdoc100 gel cleaner, gave the chain a scrub with a brush, re-applied some more sdoc100 and jet washed the whole bike. :D

If anyone doubts how good sdoc stuff is, the is before (last time this chain was cleaned was in November, so 3-4 months ago :eek::o)

After

That was sdoc100 on the wheel too, no scrubbing, just a quick wipe down after, the rear wheel was filthy! There's no point spending hours cleaning this bike as in a weeks time it'll be caked in filth again.

Back
Top Bottom