What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
tumblr_om9nawAzWD1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Weird though, I usually find if people don't fit Arai they fit a Shoei and vice versa.

Soldato
Managed to pick up a replacement OEM shock for £20. Not sure if I really need it but the gas cylinder and spring on mine have rusted and this one looks to be in much better nick. It's come off a bike that's done a quater the miles mine has as well.

Soldato
Rode it. :o

First time in 6 weeks! With the biblical rain we've had here today was a choice of: walk and get drenched, cycle and get drenched, or use the VFR :D

Felt mega wierd riding it, the bikes I've been used to riding over the past weeks have been 13kg, not 210kg!!! :p

Soldato
After finding the radiator was ******* out coolant, down the left hand side of the bike, and then only finding it weeping near the fan bolts, I decided to treat it to a coolant flush and rad seal last night!

Note for the future - ignore the instructions on the official Ducati workshop guide, the new coolant doesn't fill up via the expansion tank!

Tonight's jobs are oil and filter change, along with spark plugs and a new air filter :D

Associate
Fitted a Power Commander, speedohealer and gear indicator. Relatively straight forward but smaller hands would've helped the install, that's for sure.
cHwD7PE.jpg

m2g5hoV.jpg

kjNMuKx.jpg

mKFqZf1.jpg

al8pF9E.jpg
Do it! I urge you - best mod I ever did to mine! Sadly after I had spent money on two different sets of cans, PC5, air filter etc etc etc - the sprocket was £15.

I don't recall exactly, as it's been al most 8 years since I killed mine (yikes!) - but I went 1 tooth down [or up - you will have to check] on the front - as that let me keep the original rear sprocket and chain; it also changed the stupid first gear from 110 indicated, down to 85 - though I also fitted a speedo healer after the sprocket, so I don't know what that 110 would have actually been (maybe in the range of 96-102?).

Anyway, it transforms the low speed use, so that you can happily use 3rd gear in 30 zones! Prior to that, mine was far too ON and OFF with throttle input.

I still have my digi gear indicator, speedo healer and PC5 (with plug in loom) in the loft - keep meaning to stick them on eBay, as they have been up there (and through house moves) since my bike was written off - that I have no idea if they still work; one would assume so. Trust me if you're interested, might be able to come to a deal where you can give them a try before you buy or something.

Thanks for this mate, 2 weeks later and it's like I have a new bike, left you some trust too. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Fitted a Power Commander, speedohealer and gear indicator. Relatively straight forward but smaller hands would've helped the install, that's for sure.

Thanks for this mate, 2 weeks later and it's like I have a new bike, left you some trust too. :)

I forget I have tiny girl hands - those modes were easy for me lol :D Glad the bits arrived ok and are on, and working! Was worried after the battering my R1 took in the final crash, they would have come off with some damage, but alas.

Thanks for the trust too.

Soldato

Frothy rad sealing goodness...

Erm, smokey rad sealing goodness...

Stealth!

This was a right ******* ***** *** ***** to remove!

Oooooh, shiny!

Filter and plugs now done, I have yet again learnt not to trust the Ducati technical CD, and that this bike was made by a sadist! Some screws are almost impossible to get to :(

Coolant also changed, and a measure of rad sealant added - bit of a bubbly steamy sesh, followed by some dripping - then it all dried up and stop leaking - so hopefully, it's sorted!

Left to do - oil and filter, and brake fluid - I'm not going to do the belts myself though - all that setting it to 105Mhz is a bit above me, so I'll pay my independent to do it :D

Soldato
Bought a Scottoiler crampbuster for the VFR. Not that I suffer hugely from cramp or sore wrists but I thought I'd buy one for longer journeys.
Used it on my commute yesterday and aside from relieving the pressure on the wrist it's amazing how much more sensitive it makes the throttle. A good investment for me.

Stock pic but you get the idea.

o_1ccii6svb1ahj1jbilgg9oouhna.jpg

Soldato
zslIuPcl.jpg

After a lot of faffing to slim down the profile of the throttle, I finally got the heated grips fitted to the van van.

The bar ends that came with the bike seem really small compared to the bike I used for my DAS. The off side one just screws in to a rubber insert, not a definite thread, so I think I need replacements. Can anyone advise what I need to look for?

Associate
zslIuPcl.jpg

After a lot of faffing to slim down the profile of the throttle, I finally got the heated grips fitted to the van van.

The bar ends that came with the bike seem really small compared to the bike I used for my DAS. The off side one just screws in to a rubber insert, not a definite thread, so I think I need replacements. Can anyone advise what I need to look for?

Heated grips just in time for winter eh? :D

For the bar ends, there usually isn't a thread in the bars, when you turn the screw on the bar end it should compress and expand the rubber, which should grip the inside of the bar and keep it held securely.

Soldato
Heated grips just in time for winter eh? :D

For the bar ends, there usually isn't a thread in the bars, when you turn the screw on the bar end it should compress and expand the rubber, which should grip the inside of the bar and keep it held securely.

The best time to prepare for winter is summer :D

My throttle side is definitely missing something. It’s just a hole straight through the rubber bit, there’s nothing there to make it expand.

I’ll take the other side that worked out and see what that looks like.

Back
Top Bottom