What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
How are the items generally from AliExpress? Even clothing/under armour. Or is that not even worth risking haha
I buy loads of bike stuff from there, and have never ever had a problem.
You can buy plenty of branded stuff, ie exhausts (Akra, Austin racing etc) which are going to be fake, as I guess is clothing.

Soldato
List of things I need to do to bike:

1st - Stop exhaust leaking, probably need to helicoil a new bolt
2nd - Raise idle slightly to see if that helps with it cutting out when closing the throttle
3rd - 3D print inserts for the air filter to smooth airflow into carb.
4th - Larger jet for secondary main (108 standard, 110 currently, thinking 130).
5th - Experiment with needle position

I've done 1 and 2 and it's so much better than it was.

I also took the baffles out but they need to go back because it's embarrassingly loud.

Associate
I buy loads of bike stuff from there, and have never ever had a problem.
You can buy plenty of branded stuff, ie exhausts (Akra, Austin racing etc) which are going to be fake, as I guess is clothing.

Same. Bought some rearsets (can't remember the brand) and a stainless full exhaust ("Anodising" brand) for the MT09 a few years back. Both are excellent- exhaust is still going strong, only the clamp springs needed replacing for pennies after a year or two as they were mild steel. The rearsets are adjustable, sturdy and great- only issue I had was the spring for the brake light switch was the wrong length. Again, easy and cheap to fix.

There's lots of decent stuff on AliExpress. My advice is ignore the reviews themselves as they're usually fake, but check the number sold. If it's a large number then you're usually good to go as the vendors of dodgy items tend to delete and recreate listings and often the storefronts themselves before they accrue lots of bad feedback.

Associate
Not fitted yet, but tank pads from AliExpress.
£10, and here in 6 days..

AAo4FMi.jpg
Have you got an RS660? If you I must have missed you posting about it (if u did post about it), the full fairing Aprillia sports bike? Iirc a twin?

Associate
Passed MOT today, no advisories, didn't pour down thankfully, really enjoyed the ride to and from the testing station, determined to use my bike more this summer. I didn't hear my bike being started and ran during the MOT test which I thought was a bit odd, unless I missed it but I doubt it.

Associate
It's nice to actually work for the power, rather than a flick of the wrist and you feeling like you've been shot out of a cannon.
That, and the MPG is good :D
Agreed but that said they're far from slow though aren't they! 100 bhp in a not very heavy bike, going to be faster than just about any affordable cars and many bikes. It'll be interesting to know how you find its reliability/build quality with it being an Italian bike.

Associate
Swapped out the stock screen for a light tint double bubble screen.

Quick spin round the block and it has pushed the air a little higher when riding relaxed. Before was hitting the chest and now it’s just on the lid/top of the shoulders so a little duck down is all I need for respite.

Soldato
Stripped down for a full clean and wax
Tyres pumped up, she's ready for the 3 days of summer
That doesn't seem so far off, it's pigging cold down here at the moment!

On the subject of things I've done to my bike - stuck some EvoTech paddock stand bobbins on the back! I'm also eyeing up a trip to Race Lab in Wimborne for a suspension setup - £120, but when I had my 675 done my JHS all those years back, I swore it was the best money I've ever spent on a bike.

Soldato
Fitted some new SBS Sintered pads:

Also, put the mirrors into chav mode:

Always thought it looked a bit pants like that, but in the flesh, it's alright - might end up being useless tosh on the road mind :D

Annoyingly, I might have a puncture on the rear - should be 36 psi, just found it was 10! Hopefully I haven't ridden on it being that low, might explain the recent harsh ride though lol

Edit: dropped about 5 psi over night, bit annoying as I cannot see anything in the tyre, I bet it'll be a thin bit of metal again

Last edited:
Associate
Rode the S1000RR from London down to Salisbury yesterday evening to meet a mate, then on to Dorchester via some great roads. Pub for a diet coke and a long natter, then realised it was getting late and I had a black visor, so I thrashed back via the A31. Had some good natured fun with an M140i and a 911 Turbo on the way back.

Brilliant ride, I wasn't 100% sold on the AC Schnitzer bar conversion at first, but now I think they're well worth the expense, the complete bike disassembly and the extra head buffetting - I did 240 miles total, and considering how ride-unfit I am, I felt fine afterwards. With the stock clipons I'd have been utterly destroyed after half the distance. The big compromise will probably be at the next trackday, but I'll see how it goes....

Soldato
Rear wheel out, so I can take it to a tyre place to investigate the leak - I can't find a thing, and the leak is so slow, that the soapy water trick didn't show a thing.

Whilst the rear is out and the chain slack, I'll pop a -1 front sprocket in :D

Soldato
Chased the garage up about my tyre, they hadn't located the leak either - so were reluctant to take the tyre off; but it is leaking, so I asked them to go ahead. With any luck it'll be something they can put a mushroom plug in.

Fitted the 15 tooth front sprocket, so looking forward to getting it all back together - if the weather is good on Sunday, then I'm.off out to rip up some.backroads :cool:

Back
Top Bottom