What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Chased the garage up about my tyre, they hadn't located the leak either - so were reluctant to take the tyre off; but it is leaking, so I asked them to go ahead. With any luck it'll be something they can put a mushroom plug in.

Fitted the 15 tooth front sprocket, so looking forward to getting it all back together - if the weather is good on Sunday, then I'm.off out to rip up some.backroads :cool:
I had 2 rear mushrooms 2 years ago, I had to have a word with my neighbour the old school way :D

Associate
Not so much to the bike but for the bike. Last couple of weeks been transforming the garage. Cleaned all the cobwebs and tidied everything up, put up some storage shelves, put down some second hand office floor tiles, ditched the old fluorescents and replaced with LED tubes, installed a Pragmasis wall anchor and finally built an Abba Sky lift for working on it and Winter storage.

Soldato
I had a similar problem with the car, it turned out to be some corrosion around the rim which was stopping the tyre sealing properly.
Hopefully it won't be that, but until I can find another place to take it to, I'll just keep blowing it up - at least riding keeps the pressure up; just screwed if I stop over somewhere, though I have a small leccy pump from Amazon so could pack that

Associate
Getting the RGV ready for the track and found my rear shock decided it doesnt want to shock any more, the vfr 800 cam chain tensioners have decided to rattle like a ducati . not a good start to the week.

Man of Honour
Got my suspension setup booked on Saturday - buzzing! But the forecast is horrid, so hoping that improves, as it might be tricky to test the new settings out
Best £50 I've ever spent whenever I get a new bike. Local guy has closed up shop now unfortunately so I'll need to go on the hunt again if I ever chop in the street triple

Soldato
Best £50 I've ever spent whenever I get a new bike. Local guy has closed up shop now unfortunately so I'll need to go on the hunt again if I ever chop in the street triple
Aye, I think I paid JHS in Bristol 60 quid to setup my Daytona back in 2012 - was just a basic setup, but transformed the bike. This new one is 120, so hopefully a bit more bespoke

jcr

jcr

Associate
oil change and MOT. good for another year.
need to think about a new rear shock now. not sure if i want to spend out or just buy a new bike.

Soldato
Suspension done and LOVELY - feels miles better, and I'm no longer bucking out of the seat, or feeling like I'm on the edge of losing control.

Money well spent, just home for some refreshments then might go and find even more roads to test it on.

Edit: few more miles done, and had a couple of tank slappers, thankfully they buggered off as soon as they started, just powered through and let the steering damper do the rest. Gonna set my handlebars to the forward position, to see if I can get a bit more weight on the front. Might just be pushing harder, as the confidence levels have soared with the new setup... failing this tweak to the handlebars I'll ring the place for a advice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom