What did you do to your bike today?

One

One

Soldato
Got the new exhaust on, fully clamped up and tightened. It sounds so much more awesome now and isn't a ginormous monstrosity either.

Soldato
I need to get a new front tyre, having a Corsa Rosso II or whatever it is on the front and the Angel GT on the back doesn't feel great in cold and damp. I had a ride yesterday and just wasn't feeling it at all.

Caporegime
Got a flat tyre, yay.

4tijWYCh.jpg

AA man plugged it and I limped to the garage. Tyre was on its last legs anyway, luckily.

I was in a 'hazardous' location so the AA attended within 20 mins. Lucky really as I was freezing my arse off.

First flat on a motorbike and what struck me was that it was still pretty manoeuvrable!

Last edited:
Soldato
It took me a while but I finally saw the light on carrying tyre repair kits after a long weekend to Wales last year when my mate's Multistrada chewed through two rear Angel GTs in three days (that's horrible luck!).

Now I always carry a canister of tyre foam, a plug kit and three canisters of gas, hoping I'll never have to use them.

Associate
Changed the coolant on the Capo while I'm waiting for the rear wheel to be repaired, and now one of the headlight bulbs has popped. Got a pair of Philips bulbs on the way, plus LED replacements for the parking and brake lights (not convinced LED headlights will get enough cooling, and I'm not touching the indicators as I don't really want to get into rewiring them).

Man of Honour
Took advantage of the dry and warmish conditions today.
Adjusted and cleaned the chain.
Wound the idle rpm up a little.
Put the snorkel back in my airbox in case I come across some bad weather and standing water don't fancy a puddle in my airbox.
Changed my plugs.
Adjusted my clutch, splashed some ACF50 around and finally copper slipped some bolts that hadn't been done.

Nice little afternoon in the garden.

Caporegime
What chain lube are people using these days? I've tried the Wurth one from Amazon but my chain always seems a little rusty. Not sure what it's actually doing.

The other two highly rated ones on Amazon are the WD40 one and the Castrol one. Any preferences here?

Soldato
What chain lube are people using these days? I've tried the Wurth one from Amazon but my chain always seems a little rusty. Not sure what it's actually doing.

The other two highly rated ones on Amazon are the WD40 one and the Castrol one. Any preferences here?

I use Castrol. Wurth is **** as you found out.

Back
Top Bottom