• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do gamers actually think about Ray-Tracing?

Yep exactly !

Sadly this is what happens when the primitive part of the human brain takes over, No ability to rationally think and go full on tribalism.

It's why I bother less and less with forums in general and completely got rid of social media as people annoy me with their thick headedness.

Happens on both sides. Will never change.

It should be fun and banter, issue is people start getting hurt and defencive about companies worth billions/trillions. Wtf like.. :cry:

Last edited:
Happens on both sides. Will never change.

It should be fun and banter, issue is people start getting hurt and defencive about companies worth billions/trillions. Wtf like.. :cry:

This right here, I have never understood that. Companies do not care about anyone on this or any other forum, They only want the contents of peoples bank accounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
It seems a weird narrative though doesn’t it?
  • Saying you prefer RT off to keep the FPS = You hate RT
  • Saying RT is not in the majority of games = You are claiming RT is not the future
  • Saying it could take a decade before it’s mainstream = you said it will take a decade before it’s in “more games”.
  • Saying FSR is good enough unless you pixel peep = You said FSR is as good as DLSS
It’s the straw man nonsense that gets tiresome.

• Saying you prefer RT off to keep the FPS = You hate RT

Nothing wrong with that, it's the hypocrisy that goes with it where people say they don't see a big enough difference or/and they prefer more FPS yet "some" of those same people refuse to use upscaling, frame gen etc. which can and does improve performance substantially whilst as evidenced has little to no impact to IQ (yet they somehow can't see big enough visual improvements with RT.....) etc. We even had people saying "FPS is king" yet they still won't acknowledge that upscaling is probably the best way to gain FPS without sacrificing IQ. I suspect when amd truly catch up or/and excel past nvidia, we will see a big change in mindset towards this....

• Saying RT is not in the majority of games = You are claiming RT is not the future

Not really the point either, the issue was when we had people referencing to old games or/and any random indie game on steam to try and insinuate that there were little to no RT games. Of course the triple a market isn't the be all but at the time, people were just ignoring the current/present state and the future titles coming out i.e. same way people are still somewhat stuck in the past of the raster glory days.

• Saying FSR is good enough unless you pixel peep = You said FSR is as good as DLSS

Based on my own testing, you absolutely do not have to pixel peep, slow down footage, zoom in nor do static screenshots to notice the distracting issues of FSR during gameplay (and this is based on a variety of high end displays i.e. 55" 4k woled, 34" 1440 qd oled and now 32" 4k qd oled)

Back
Top Bottom