What do you guys think of number plates for cyclists

Soldato
Many people do this on purpose to stop cyclists trying to undertake them when they are turning left. For their own safety.
afaik, it does seem this is not illegal, and there is an absence of prosecutions for, maybe, due care and attention ?
why those areas are not classified more like yellow boxes escapes me.

Soldato
Many people do this on purpose to stop cyclists trying to undertake them when they are turning left. For their own safety.

With drivers automatically getting the blame for things, they are going to just prevent incidents from occurring with physical blocks.

You can't fall off a car and go head first under someone's wheel.

More like they do it because they can’t stomach the thought of adding an extra few seconds to their journey

Associate
Most injuries to pedestrians in London are caused by cyclists, not motor vehicles. There does need to be something done really.

Haha, if you're going to make up "facts", try to make them not quite so obviously false. That's like something out of the Viz letters page.

The leading cause of death on the UKs roads is, in fact, giant hamster attack. Something really ought to be done about these mutant menances.
John Craven is, in fact, over 200 ft tall and is a menace to low flying aircraft which he regularly swats from the sky with his giant hands. Someone should do something about him.

Soldato
I want to drive through a 30 at 40 but i cant :D

I just want to drive at 30 (or even 25) in a 30.

But I cant because there is some twonk on a bike right out in the middle of the road (The "Primary position" ) traveling at 12 MPH.

The other 37 people behind me also want to be able to travel at 30 too.

But they cant either.

:/

Soldato
in the context of the complete journey, what's the total delay from the inconvenient bike ?
if there is so much traffic approaching to prevent a bike overtake, then may mean upcoming congestion, travel at a different time of day.
.. tractors, now these, are much more of a delaying culprit on nsl roads here

Soldato
some cyclists colour it for the others. one my route home on a busyish two-laner, i've twice seen two ****wit cyclists who just toddle along side by side chatting away, oblivious/ignoring all the horns blaring at them. total arrogant dumb ****s who are a shining example of why cyclists should be identifiable/reportable.

Soldato
in the context of the complete journey, what's the total delay from the inconvenient bike ?
if there is so much traffic approaching to prevent a bike overtake, then may mean upcoming congestion, travel at a different time of day.
.. tractors, now these, are much more of a delaying culprit on nsl roads here

If you happen to be "Tail end charlie" in a queue of 40 drivers trying to get past one single cyclist on a busy SC road where passing opportunities might only represent a passing window for only one car every minute or so.

(Like My A325 example posted earler)

The delay can be very considerable indeed!

And Tractors do actually have a legal obligation to pull over from time to time to allow traffic to pass. Tractor drivers can face prosecution if they fail to do so!

Soldato
some cyclists colour it for the others. one my route home on a busyish two-laner, i've twice seen two ****wit cyclists who just toddle along side by side chatting away, oblivious/ignoring all the horns blaring at them. total arrogant dumb ****s who are a shining example of why cyclists should be identifiable/reportable.

Fit a train horn, they'll move for that (or fall over) :D

Soldato
Fit a train horn, they'll move for that (or fall over) :D
lol. i remember standing at the kerb blissfully minding my own business one day and a fire engine went past and blasted some ****** 200db foghorn thing just as it drew level. i almost **** myself, first time i'd heard one.

Soldato
lol. i remember standing at the kerb blissfully minding my own business one day and a fire engine went past and blasted some ****** 200db foghorn thing just as it drew level. i almost **** myself, first time i'd heard one.

Yea you can find similar ones on ebay which are 150db+ (you also need a compressor for it). Just don't use it near any police, because the whole town will hear it and they are illegal on the road lol

Soldato
Yea you can find similar ones on ebay which are 150db+ (you also need a compressor for it). Just don't use it near any police, because the whole town will hear it and they are illegal on the road lol

I want one of those really low frequency ones, like on a ship.

The sort of sound that would make your insides turn to jelly!

:cool:

Soldato

But I cant because there is some twonk on a bike right out in the middle of the road (The "Primary position" ) traveling at 12 MPH.

But they cant either.

The problem is there tends to be an escalation of behaviour due to previous experiences. Cyclist rides close to the curb, then some stupid moron who is impatient skims up close to the cyclist putting the cyclist at potential increased danger to get past them. Cyclist then has that happen enough times that they take primary to protect themselves which understandably angers drivers. Angry driver then tends to disregard the safety of other cyclists because cyclists are annoying to them and so the whole thing continues.

Soldato

But they cant either.

If you did overtake the bike rider then it would only catch you up at the next set of traffic lights/give way sign ;)

There is no time to be saved trying to drive quickly through town centres. Most of the time it's quicker to walk.

Associate

what would you report them for they have done nothing wrong? other than annoy an impatient fool in a car.

Back
Top Bottom