• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
By and large we are in agreement that the cards are evenly matched from a performance perspective.

Universally agreed.

(twitter image)

Yep as we already knew months ago its basically a sidegrade if your on a 3080 or better. Generally a nothingburger product but prices need to tumble and then it gets interesting again.

Last edited:
Associate
I think I wont be upgrading my 1070 unless it outright fails. Original plan was to upgrade to a 3070/Ti/3080 depending on prices but the world went crazy.

At these kind of prices, for me it's a more sensible bet to get a current gen console and a new TV.

Fingers crossed for a shift in the market and prices drop by 25-30% if retailers see a similar state to the 4080's stock sat gathering dust. Personally I cant see any significant price drops until the full range of 40 series have launched and the dust has settled

Soldato
Thread should be renamed
MV5-BMj-Rj-Zm-Ux-MWMt-Nm-Fh-NC00-MGQ4-LTgx-Zm-Ut-M2-M0-MWE1-Ym-M0-NTMx-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-MTgw-OTE5-NDk-V1.jpg

:cry::cry:

Associate
I think I wont be upgrading my 1070 unless it outright fails. Original plan was to upgrade to a 3070/Ti/3080 depending on prices but the world went crazy.
This was the upgrade I did. Moving from a 1070 to a 3070 - but I got quite lucky with the founders edition stock drops so paying 469 for the 3070 seemed quite good at the time.

On top of that, the world being crazy meant I then got 210 quid for my 1070...

I think if you can find a 3070/3070Ti for a good price then the upgrade is definitely worth it. I happily play every game at 1440p now and don't really ever worry about frame drops or notice any problems!

Associate
This was the upgrade I did. Moving from a 1070 to a 3070 - but I got quite lucky with the founders edition stock drops so paying 469 for the 3070 seemed quite good at the time.

On top of that, the world being crazy meant I then got 210 quid for my 1070...

I think if you can find a 3070/3070Ti for a good price then the upgrade is definitely worth it. I happily play every game at 1440p now and don't really ever worry about frame drops or notice any problems!
I do regret not trying harder to get my hands on a 30 series card 2 years ago at a sensible price, but at same time my 1070 is still running really well, only Warzone/Warzone2 I knock down to 1080p to maintain high fps rather than drop settings to Low but both options deliver high enough fps to stay competitive, running it on a 1440p 165Hz GSync display. Picked up Elden Ring in the Steam sale and it defaulted to High settings at 1440p, thankfully that game is locked at 60fps so its running as well as it can do on a 6 year old card!

Imagine if they launched the 4070 in Q2 around that price point for £499 MSRP and board partners selling them between £499 and £599

Associate

At these kind of prices, for me it's a more sensible bet to get a current gen console and a new TV.

Fingers crossed for a shift in the market and prices drop by 25-30% if retailers see a similar state to the 4080's stock sat gathering dust. Personally I cant see any significant price drops until the full range of 40 series have launched and the dust has settled
Prices have to drop if not for the 40 series then the 30 eventually or buy used. I sold my 2080 for £240 , 3070 for £360. You can get a 3080s for around £500. I got 3080, PS5 and series X for less than a 4090, now that is madness.

Soldato
Ocuk is the only place you can buy them....

Come on, this is borderline trolling. The 70ti is at least 10% cheaper across all europe. Cheapest 70ti in germany is 899, cheapest 7900xt is 986. Thats in euros of course.

So the 7900xt basically offers almost 0% better raster per euro, worse rt perfromance (up to 35% in heavy rt games), consumes 15 to 20% more power, supports way less features and has a variety of issues with power draw during browsing youtube etc.

Is any of the above wrong?

You are the one who quoted OCUK prices in your comparison. I just corrected your biased selection that excluded the MBA version (which does not have the junction temp issues of the XTX).

Last edited:
Soldato
You are the one who quoted OCUK prices in your comparison. I just corrected your biased selection that excluded the MBA version (which does not have the junction temp issues of the XTX).
No, im not the one who quoted the ocuk prices. It was someone else that started it. But regardless, the xt is more expensive EVERYWHERE, including ocuk. The 70ti can be bad for around 100€ cheaper throughout Europe, making the raster performnace difference meaningless

Pet Northerner
Don
No, im not the one who quoted the ocuk prices. It was someone else that started it. But regardless, the xt is more expensive EVERYWHERE, including ocuk. The 70ti can be bad for around 100€ cheaper throughout Europe, making the raster performnace difference meaningless
1673358853167.png

You sure about that buddy?

You quite clearly stated the 90 difference was on OCUK...

Soldato
1673358853167.png

You sure about that buddy?

You quite clearly stated the 90 difference was on OCUK...

I do find it utterly laughable the levels of paranoia at OcUK with prices on other sites being mentioned, as if people can't find all this out for themselves at the a click of a button...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom