• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I've just upgraded from a RX5700XT to a 4070ti. Originally I was going to (and did) buy a 3080 but coming from the 5700 the price difference between the 3080 and 4070t was close enough for me to send the 3080 back. I won't be upgrading for 5+ years and game a 1440p.

I would have been happy with the 3080 but for me the 4070ti was the better option.

Soldato
No, im not the one who quoted the ocuk prices. It was someone else that started it. But regardless, the xt is more expensive EVERYWHERE, including ocuk. The 70ti can be bad for around 100€ cheaper throughout Europe, making the raster performnace difference meaningless

It doesn't matter who started quoting OCUK, you referrenced OCUK in your price comparison but decided to compare the cheapest 4070Ti to a mid priced 7900 XT. That raised alarm bells as to yor intent. The cheapest 4070Ti I can find from a reputable company that actually has trust pilot reviews, is £830 and the cheapest 7900 XT is £890. £60 is 7% and not 10% - 15%.

For clarity the cheapest 4070 Ti is £809 but I have never heard of the retailer and niether has trust pilot. I would not order an £800+ GPU from some random unknown retailer.

Associate
I've just upgraded from a RX5700XT to a 4070ti. Originally I was going to (and did) buy a 3080 but coming from the 5700 the price difference between the 3080 and 4070t was close enough for me to send the 3080 back. I won't be upgrading for 5+ years and game a 1440p.

I would have been happy with the 3080 but for me the 4070ti was the better option.
man, thats what i have been telling people here.. its about working with what options you have.. and people would just not stop quoting die sizes, cuda cores, bus width, "2x last gen flagship perf at half price" and what not..it just gets absurd

Soldato

No doubt if that were my options I would make the same choice. Enjoy your 4070Ti.

Soldato
1673358853167.png

You sure about that buddy?

You quite clearly stated the 90 difference was on OCUK...
Yes, im sure about it buddy. You are quoting my reply to someone else talking about ocuk pricing. I never brought up ocuk myself, i only replied.

But what difference does that make? The 70ti is a bit cheaper to a lot cheaper depending on where you are looking at, so whats the issue exactly? Why are we arguing for 5 pages something that is a fact, the 70ti is the cheaper card, by up to 15%. Period.

Pet Northerner
Don
Yes, im sure about it buddy. You are quoting my reply to someone else talking about ocuk pricing. I never brought up ocuk myself, i only replied.

But what difference does that make? The 70ti is a bit cheaper to a lot cheaper depending on where you are looking at, so whats the issue exactly? Why are we arguing for 5 pages something that is a fact, the 70ti is the cheaper card, by up to 15%. Period.

*Sigh*

This is the same behaviour you had in the CPU sub-forums. You make an exaggerated point then attempt to deflect when called out on it.

You priced based on OCUK, clearly stating there was a £90 difference (to fit in with your point), the screenshot proves that. It doesn't matter who brought it up OCUK in the first place, because that's not what is in contention.

What IS in contention is that you LIED about OCUks pricing, which @ICDP called you out on. Then just like you always do, you try to deflect the argument, in this case to "well you brought OCUK up"

And yes it does make a difference when people are discussing price / performance differences.

Associate
Thread should be renamed
MV5-BMj-Rj-Zm-Ux-MWMt-Nm-Fh-NC00-MGQ4-LTgx-Zm-Ut-M2-M0-MWE1-Ym-M0-NTMx-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-MTgw-OTE5-NDk-V1.jpg

:cry::cry:
SUCKER PUNCH

Soldato
Sure, but still miles better than the xt. Which is my point all along.

Go look up the meaning of the word hyperbole, or exaggeration, or misrepresentation.
  • The 4070Ti is not miles better based on objective reviews and research. It is very evenly matched overall in both price/perf and features.
  • The 4070Ti is only up to 15% more expensive IF you cherry pick your comparison. The actual price difference is less than ~7% here in the UK.
  • It doesn't matter who started quoting OCUK, you referrenced OCUK in your price comparison but decided to compare the cheapest 4070Ti to a mid priced 7900 XT.
  • You have been purposely posting that the 4070Ti is a far superior and far cheaper GPU, yet everyone else with an actual working brain can see your posts as pure nonsense based on biased data.
Put down the shovel.

Soldato
You make a good point!

I guess it depends what you consider makes something essential. Is there something in-between essential and luxury and if so are we entitled to them because we work?
Should Ferraris be out of reach of people that work for a living? a Rolex? a big ol' house?

I'd love it if all us working folks could own a Ferrari, a nice house and a decent gaming PC (I'm not overly bother about a Rolex, but sure that'd be nice too for those that want one). But I don't feel that I'm entitled to them just because I work.

It does seem like it would be in their best interest to price GPUs so that more people can afford them, but I'm not an economist so what do I know. It just makes me laugh the way people seem to think they're entitled to a graphics card of a certain level.

I do understand why people are upset though. I think we expect prices to go up a bit each generation and I doubt anyone would get too annoyed at a small increase each time (above inflation) but the generation has been a huge jump. I'm sure even the people that bought a 4090/7900XTX/etc. without thinking too much about it would've preferred the cards to be cheaper too.
It also doesn't bode well for the future, but it has been going this way for years and years. Going back to the first Geforce and Radeon cards or even before. If we as consumers were going to take a stand we should probably have done it long before the RTX 4000 series and RX 7000 series, but we went along with it. I did too, I bought the AMD 5000 series cards, the Nvidia 500 series cards and 600 series cards and the AMD HD 7900 cards and a bunch of the cards after that too.

Not really no, so again what you're saying is people should be happy going to work to feed corporate profits for enough money not to starve?

You're making the same defence again!

:cry:

But corps and businesses are entitled to extrme profits just because they make products and provide services? - No-one thinks they're entitled to a high end GPU, people think if they work they should be able to afford a hobby, or some nice things, no-one is talking about Ferrri's and Rolex's so that's a strawman...

LOL! You've just been defending huge price increases and profits by....I really think you're confused.

;)

Soldato
*Sigh*

This is the same behaviour you had in the CPU sub-forums. You make an exaggerated point then attempt to deflect when called out on it.

You priced based on OCUK, clearly stating there was a £90 difference (to fit in with your point), the screenshot proves that. It doesn't matter who brought it up OCUK in the first place, because that's not what is in contention.

What IS in contention is that you LIED about OCUks pricing, which @ICDP called you out on. Then just like you always do, you try to deflect the argument, in this case to "well you brought OCUK up"

And yes it does make a difference when people are discussing price / performance differences.
How is it lying, my post is completely true, the cheapest non reference 7900xt is 90 pounds more expensive than the cheapest 4070ti. I give up

Associate
Go look up the meaning of the word hyperbole, or exaggeration, or misrepresentation.
  • The 4070Ti is not miles better based on objective reviews and research. It is very evenly matched overall in both price/perf and features.
  • The 4070Ti is only up to 15% more expensive IF you cherry pick your comparison. The actual price difference is less than ~7% here in the UK.
  • It doesn't matter who started quoting OCUK, you referrenced OCUK in your price comparison but decided to compare the cheapest 4070Ti to a mid priced 7900 XT.
  • You have been purposely posting that the 4070Ti is a far superior and far cheaper GPU, yet everyone else with an actual working brain can see your posts as pure nonsense based on biased data.
Put down the shovel.
i dont think theyre evenly matched in features though, but talking abt it only gets you murdered in this forum.. but i understand its speculative to talk abt this right now. however, whatever i read in the ada whitepaper looks promising

Last edited:
Soldato
Put down the shovel.
Of course the 70ti is miles better. It offers the same raster per dollar, up to 33% better RT in heavy RT titles, way more features and draws 15% less power while also being around 10 to 15% cheaper. And no power draw issues when it comes to video playback and such. How could anyone argue about this blows my mind. The xt needs to be at least 100 euros cheaper than the 4070ti, instead it's around 100 euros more expensive.

The XTX is in a much better position against the 4080,cause at least it offers better raster performnace while costing less. The xt doesnt even have that going for it, even if you only care about raster it barely offers better raster for the money. That is nuts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom