• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
In RT the 4070Ti is consistently beating the 7900 XT by ~10% on average.
In Raster the 7900 XT is consistently beating the 4070Ti by ~10% on average.

So I agree they are evenly matched all in but that does not make my statement wrong, which was the point I was making against Bencher.
And the more RT is utilised, the bigger the gap which can get up to 33%. While the 70ti consistently consumes 40 to 60w less, supports more features, and is less expensive. What else does it need to do to be the better product???

Soldato
How is it not what you are seeing?
Because i have eyes and I'm not trying to troll. Prices for 7900 XT's on OCUK range from £890 to £1.1k, prices for 4070Ti's range from £830 to £1.05k. While currently the 7900 XT's are roughly £50 more I'd hardly call that the 8-10% you initially claimed, plus with the current state of the market prices tend to vary on a daily, if not hourly basis, so that £50 could swing the other way tomorrow.
Even in ocuk the 4070ti is cheaper, and the same is true across all europe basically. Its even cheaper than the reference xt models, which i wouldnt touch anyways.

Thats the thing, the xt is faster in raster, but not as much faster as it is more expensive. And then considering all the other issues, its clearly the worst product, by a mile. The only reason to ever consider it is hoping that the 20gb ram will make a difference at a real world scenario sometime down the line. Most likely it aint happening, specially in 1440p, but thats about it.
Well clearly we see things differently and going on your posts you seem to be getting yourself rather worked up so I'll bow out and leave you to your hyperbole and/or trolling efforts.

Last edited:
Associate
In RT the 4070Ti is consistently beating the 7900 XT by ~10% on average.
In Raster the 7900 XT is consistently beating the 4070Ti by ~10% on average.

So I agree they are evenly matched all in but that does not make my statement wrong, which was the point I was making against Bencher.
Consistent means a high confidence result, something like 90% chance that the 7900xt beats the 4070 ti in a randomly chosen game, that's how consistent is interpreted

Btw I looked at power efficiency more closely. This is total system power (again all hub)
Dying Light 2: 18% more power
Doom: 6%
Hitman 3: 6%

1440p
Cyberpunk: +22%

Depending on the resolutions you are aiming this may not be a marginal difference. Though more data is needed to settle this conclusively

Last edited:
Associate
And the more RT is utilised, the bigger the gap which can get up to 33%. While the 70ti consistently consumes 40 to 60w less, supports more features, and is less expensive. What else does it need to do to be the better product???
The cards are evenly matched in RT as well. Dlss3 might skew the result in favor of 4070 ti but not everyone uses that and support is not wide spread.
However, the gap may widen in future because of new features like the alpha testing block and the recursive rt framework that ship with 4070 Ti. But, there's no way you could base a purchase on speculation

Last edited:
Soldato
Because i have eyes and I'm not trying to troll. Prices for 7900 XT's on OCUK range from £890 to £1.1k, prices for 4070Ti's range from £830 to £1.05k. While currently the 7900 XT's are roughly £50 more I'd hardly call that the 8-10% you initially claimed, plus with the current state of the market prices tend to vary on a daily, if not hourly basis, so that £50 could swing the other way tomorrow.

Well clearly we see things differently and going on your posts you seem to be getting yourself rather worked up so I'll bow out and leave you to your hyperbole and/or trolling efforts.
The cheapest non reference 7900xt on stock is 90 pounds more expensive than the cheapest 70ti on stock. And thats only in ocuk, its basically across europe. So yes, right now the 70ti is up to 10-15% cheaper.

Soldato
The cards are evenly matched in RT as well. Dlss3 might skew the result in favor of 4070 ti but not everyone uses that and support is not wide spread.
However, the gap may widen in future because of new features like the alpha testing block and the recursive rt framework that ship with 4070 Ti. But, there's no way you could base a purchase on speculation
No they are definitely not. Thats only in games that don't heavily utilise rt like fc6 and sotr. In heavy RT games usually the difference is much bigger, in fact the 70ti is faster than the XTX even.

But even if they were evenly matched, well thats my point. They are even but the 70ti is cheaper and with better features, and ofcourse with much less problems, while consuming 15-20% less power. Its clearly the better product.

Associate
No they are definitely not. Thats only in games that don't heavily utilise rt like fc6 and sotr. In heavy RT games usually the difference is much bigger, in fact the 70ti is faster than the XTX even.

But even if they were evenly matched, well thats my point. They are even but the 70ti is cheaper and with better features, and ofcourse with much less problems, while consuming 15-20% less power. Its clearly the better product.
Even control rt is evenly matched like 45,47 in 4k and 93, 96 in 2k. Maybe you looked up numbers with dlss applied. You could perhaps post a wider spread of game benchmarks to prove the hypothesis

Soldato
The cheapest non reference 7900xt on stock is 90 pounds more expensive than the cheapest 70ti on stock. And thats only in ocuk, its basically across europe. So yes, right now the 70ti is up to 10-15% cheaper.
Those are a lot of caveats you've had to insert post your initial blanket statement, at least now you see why i took issue with your initial statement.

Associate
Eventually though the way people are antagonizing both cards is going to cloud buyer judgement. Someone's started a new thread requesting guidance on a potential 4070ti upgrade. They are upgrading from a 1080 ti
For 4K I would take the xt all day long even if it is a terrible value, preferably the xtx if you can find it at msrp. Jensen can stick his 12 GB 192 bit for £800+ up his ass.
A used 3090/3090 ti?

Soldato
Consistent means a high confidence result, something like 90% chance that the 7900xt beats the 4070 ti in a randomly chosen game, that's how consistent is interpreted

Btw I looked at power efficiency more closely. This is total system power (again all hub)
Dying Light 2: 18% more power
Doom: 6%
Hitman 3: 6%

1440p
Cyberpunk: +22%

Depending on the resolutions you are aiming this may not be a marginal difference. Though more data is needed to settle this conclusively

By and large we are in agreement that the cards are evenly matched from a performance perspective. My numbers and consistent statements are based on an overall average. In general there is a statistally high liklehood of a 7900 XT being faster in any randomly chosen raster game, and the 4070Ti being faster in any randomly chosen RT game. Though thre will of course be outliers/exceptions. Power consumption again needs to be taken at an average, or tpyical gaming, idle load etc but the 4070Ti wins here.

So for most gaming and use cases the 4070Ti will consume less power but not a large enough amount (IMHO) to sway my (or indeed most peoples ) decision.
The 4070Ti will be faster in RT in general and considering both need DLSS/FSR at 4K, this is moot IMHO
The 7900 XT will be faster in raster for the majority of cases and this IMHO is the most important metric at 4K.

So while I prefer the 7900 XT based on my needs, others may prefer the 4070Ti. So as you have correctly asserted yourself, these are evenly matched GPUs and pricing for both is dire.

Soldato
Serisously, will you stop trying to convince people of some nonsensical price that we can all go check very easily.

OCUK Prices
The cheapest in stock 4070Ti is £860
The cheapest in stock 7900 XT is £890

So £30 difference is ~3% price difference. Hardly a deciding factor considering both are massively overpriced.

Last edited:
Soldato
Serisously, will you stop trying to convince people of some nonsensical price that we can all go check very easily.

OCUK Prices

So £30 difference is ~3% price difference. Hardly a deciding factor considering both are massively overpriced.
Ocuk is the only place you can buy them....

Come on, this is borderline trolling. The 70ti is at least 10% cheaper across all europe. Cheapest 70ti in germany is 899, cheapest 7900xt is 986. Thats in euros of course.

So the 7900xt basically offers almost 0% better raster per euro, worse rt perfromance (up to 35% in heavy rt games), consumes 15 to 20% more power, supports way less features and has a variety of issues with power draw during browsing youtube etc.

Is any of the above wrong?

Soldato

OCUK Prices

Why just OCUK prices? Quick search in-stock Ventus 4070Ti £799.99 del :cry:

Soldato
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom