• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
True. I thought it was funny you and a couple of others going on and on about vram last gen over pretty much one game. But this guy is something else. The 4070 Ti is a turd mate, and will continue to be until the price comes down significantly, simple as that.
Never argued it's not a turd. Im arguing that it's much better than the 7900xt

Soldato
It isn't though. And even if it was, why argue so hard over a turd?
Because I find it extremely crazy people bashing nvidia so hard when amd has a worse product that was released in prealpha stage. And frankly it's kinda of a recurring theme, for both cpus and gpus. Intel releases the fastest gaming CPU (for example the 7700k), it gets bashed to hell and beyond because it lacked MT performance (rightfully so mind you), AMD releases an even ******** product in terms of MT performance , suddenly im the crazy one calling it a worse version of the 7700k (which it is). The double standards when it comes to AMD products are infuriating to the average brand agnostic user.

Soldato
You're comparing turds on the pavement and proclaiming one as the better turd, neither of them are cheap, like i said at most there's a £50 price gap that is probably going fluctuate on a weekly basis. So yes IMO you are defending a billion dollar company with 60% profit margins because in case you haven't noticed Nvidia is the 800-pound gorilla in the room, it dictates the price AMD charges whether directly or indirectly.

60% profit margin was when we were in normal times, their profit margins now are way more for sure with what they have done with 20,30,40 series pricing. This 60%-65% margins was from the days before all this mess started. Now i'm almost sure it is close to double that if not more for certain gpus they are selling.

Caporegime
"Right now, a RTX 3060 12GB starts at £330 - which is reasonable value - and that's the target to beat, if not for the inevitable 4060 then definitely the 4050."
All it takes is one statement like the above and reputation / trust can be lost.

True that but it doesn't mean that it invalidates "all" of their other points/content, which is the issue when it comes to DF mostly i.e. people can't get over the 3080 PR video so will ignore all the other good stuff/valid points they make.

I generally ignore such material and the one liner comments if there is nothing to back up such statements nor any logical reasoning applied.

Don't really care for Rich or the content he covers tbh, it is more the content done by Alex and John which sets DF apart from others.

Soldato
No no, you are defending a billion dollar company, in case you havent noticed nvidia is the budget option in this case, it's amd that's charging you more money for a vastly inferior product.

PS1. What is actually wrong with defending a billion or a gazilion dollar company? Like what the actual heck? If they are right, they are right, does it matter how much money they have? Whether you are innocent or not has nothing to do with how much money you have, the "defending a billion dollar company" argument is nonsensical
Obvious troll is obvious.
60% profit margin was when we were in normal times, their profit margins now are way more for sure with what they have done with 20,30,40 series pricing. This 60%-65% margins was from the days before all this mess started. Now i'm almost sure it is close to double that if not more for certain gpus they are selling.
I based that on what i remembered from their most recent earnings call so...

Last edited:
Soldato
Here we go again I didn't wanna post because both are poorly priced so what's the point but how the hell can you say the 4070ti is much better do you know the meaning of that wording? My only conclusion is it's agenda driven AGAIN

He said MUCH BETTER

MYUR4QP.jpg

zsWY2dB.jpg

5Kgmus4.jpg

RZu1DHJ.jpg
If from those results you don't conclude that the 4070ti is the better product, im astonished. There is a 5 to 10% difference in raster performance , but also a 10-15% difference in price. So the raster performance is moot, raster to price is pretty similar, is it not?

Associate
Not sure why that T logo benching site is using 'high' settings instead of ultra? Perhaps thats why there is a difference from the Hardware unboxed results?

Last edited:
Soldato
If from those results you don't conclude that the 4070ti is the better product, im astonished. There is a 5 to 10% difference in raster performance , but also a 10-15% difference in price. So the raster performance is moot, raster to price is pretty similar, is it not?

I can't stand either company with pricing but to say what u said just unbelievable

You said MUCH BETTER ??????????????? Not gonna entertain and waste anymore time been here before

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Because I find it extremely crazy people bashing nvidia so hard when amd has a worse product that was released in prealpha stage.

There you go then. That there is your problem.

Actually plenty people including myself bashed on AMD. From a PR and market share point of view they really messed up imo and their market share keeps getting worse. But at the end of the day I don't know how many of these cards they had produced or capable of producing in the short term, so maybe from a business point of view in the short term they priced it right to maximise returns from guys who love AMD anyway (nice screw over the loyal ones, but they don't care).

Let's see where pricing will be come summer. AMD should be charging no more than £599 for a 7900 XT imo. Don't worry about what greedy Nvidia are charging...

Soldato
You said MUCH BETTER ???????????????
Yeah? Similar raster per dollar, up to 33% better RT performance, way lower power draw, better and more features, no weird issues with power draw at video playback or multimonitor setups etc, while being CHEAPER. Im really confused, what more does it need to do to be a much better product? Bring you breakfast in the morning?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Sure, they released first and overcharged for the 4080 and the 4090. Then AMD released themselves and managed to outdo nvidia in terms of overcharging, at least when it comes to the 7900xt. But yeah, im sure nvidia is responsible for amd's pricing :p

And I guess nvidia is also responsible for amd's pricing on CPUS, amd was selling 6cores for as much money as Intel was selling their 14 core parts. Nvidias fault there as well. Yada yada

Just sad deflection tactics. Its a 4070 thread why speak of the competitor, its blatant nonsense - just admit what is said and they are dry fisting consumers stop apolagising/excusing their behaviour!

Soldato
There you go then. That there is your problem.

Actually plenty people including myself bashed on AMD. From a PR and market share point of view they really messed up imo and their market share keeps getting worse. But at the end of the day I don't know how many of these cards they had produced or capable of producing in the short term, so maybe from a business point of view in the short term they priced it right to maximise returns from guys who love AMD anyway (nice screw over the loyal ones, but they don't care).

Let's see where pricing will be come summer. AMD should be charging no more than £599 for a 7900 XT imo. Don't worry about what greedy Nvidia are charging...
Well im pretty sure from a business side of view both amd and nvidia know what they are doing, The thing is, nvidia can charge more because their products usually aren't released in prealpha stage. So it's very infuriating seeing AMD releasing these kinds of products while asking for more money. I have no issue with the XTX, assuming the issues it has get sorted out, it's a competitive product for people that don't care about anything else but raster. But the XT is a laughable joke imo

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well im pretty sure from a business side of view both amd and nvidia know what they are doing, The thing is, nvidia can charge more because their products usually aren't released in prealpha stage. So it's very infuriating seeing AMD releasing these kinds of products while asking for more money. I have no issue with the XTX, assuming the issues it has get sorted out, it's a competitive product for people that don't care about anything else but raster. But the XT is a laughable joke imo

I guess it must have really infuriated you to be defending Nvidia so hard :cry:

Soldato
Don't feel great defending either of these because both are turds due to pricing, but you carry on
Sure, both are bad, but there are people out there that might NEED a GPU right now. Their old one is dead, or it's too old to play anything or what have you, so they need to buy. So those people have to decide, between 2 terrible products, which one is the least terrible. And im saying, that's the 4070ti,, that's all.

Of course my recommendation is, if you have the option, skip them both, but some people might not have that option.

Associate
Welcome to the completely mad world of Bencher. :cry:

They look pretty equal in reviews too overall. :)
ldKFN7C.png
yaf20eN.png
uk27SXi.png
That's AIB overclocked 4070 TI vs stock, power limited 7900 XT MBA card. If you put an AIB 7900 XT in those tests, you're going to see better results for the AMD card. :)
Ha ha yeh.....I'm out.
I think I might go and buy a mba 7900xt to anoy him.
Also makes sence for me, I have a mitx and xtx price is even more crazy right now. £200 over msrp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom