• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Because I find it extremely crazy people bashing nvidia so hard when amd has a worse product that was released in prealpha stage. And frankly it's kinda of a recurring theme, for both cpus and gpus. Intel releases the fastest gaming CPU (for example the 7700k), it gets bashed to hell and beyond because it lacked MT performance (rightfully so mind you), AMD releases an even ******** product in terms of MT performance , suddenly im the crazy one calling it a worse version of the 7700k (which it is). The double standards when it comes to AMD products are infuriating to the average brand agnostic user.
More people bash nvidia because more people buy their cards, AMD only have 10% marketshare so for many the 7900XT is irrelevant.

Caporegime
See that's what im talking about, im presenting arguments about why the 4070ti is the better product, and 90% of the replies are personal attacks :)

The AMD cult hard at work.

You're using tired old tropes to make your arguments. You're proposing Nvidia are perfect and never do anything wrong vs constant incompetence, anyone with a reasonable mindset would dismiss your arguments out of hand because its so obviously personal to you.

Shadow Play UI randomly locks up my screen for no explainable reason every now and then, i get random slideshow frame rates for 10, 20, 30.... seconds in a couple of games, again there is no explainable reason for it, my memory has suddenly decided it will now only run at 6800Mhz in games because i sometime use some AI software, again no reason for it that anyone can explain.

You don't see me bleeting on about it every 3'rd post.

Last edited:
Associate
I read the last couple of pages... I recon I am the only one that after reading it now wants to shoot myself in the face.
There's the occasional gem that make it a thread worth watching still.

I can't believe how active it is though, it's a never-ending discussion about a poorly priced GPU.

Man of Honour
It is being done on purpose because they are desperate to spin the RTX4070TI.

Some classics up in here such as - "I thought the 4070 was poor value so bought the 4090". :cry: - Or the 4070ti is vastly superior to the competition, "vastly" you say? looks at single digit differences for the most part :) I think it's fair to say that unless you are in the market at this price point, it's pretty crap. To push home that point here is what the headlines are from reviewers from the first page on a google search:

"NVIDIA's Rip Off 4070ti"
"$800 Meh"
"A costly 70 class GPU"
"Hobbled and wildly overpriced"
"Not the GPU you are looking for"

I dont think you need to say much more than that... If you are looking in the price range then sure, otherwise save your money.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is being done on purpose indeed, but to spin the 7900xt :)
Nope, because most discussion was about the RTX4070TI on its own merits. I pointed out to you based on four technical areas it was poor. Then you tried to spin nobody cares about technical measurements. Now you are trying to make it a flame war with AMD. Many of us have pointed out that the 7900XT is another cash grab. Doesn't stop the RTX4070TI being one either. Just because companies make something does not make any of it worth buying. Best is not to buy either of them.

Some of us have been around for a very long time on tech forums - me myself around 20 years. I have experienced people like Rollo back in the day so I know when people try spinning stuff.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Some classics up in here such as - "I thought the 4070 was poor value so bought the 4090". :cry: - Or the 4070ti is vastly superior to the competition, "vastly" you say? looks at single digit differences for the most part :) I think it's fair to say that unless you are in the market at this price point, it's pretty crap.
Some classics there tbf Vince, but please don't forget the fella that said the 7900 XTX pricing of £1049 on OcuK made him spend an extra £800 on a Zotac 4090. :cry:

Soldato
No one is trying to put a spin on the 7900XT infact no one likes that card either but this thread is about what you think of the 4070ti not the 7900XT.
Sure, and I posted what I think of the 4070ti, which got people mad and started quoting me with personal attacks and stuff. The usual amd cult things

Caporegime
Nope, because most discussion was about the RTX4070TI on its own merits. I pointed out to you based on four technical areas it was poor. Then you tried to spin nobody cares about technical measurements.

Some of us have been around for a very long time on tech forums - me myself around 20 years. I have experienced people like Rollo, so I know when people try spinning stuff.

Before my time here, was he an Nvidia shill?

Do Nvidia still run the shill program? I might become a huge Nvidia fanboi if i can get a GPU out of it... desperate times...

Last edited:
Soldato
Some classics up in here such as - "I thought the 4070 was poor value so bought the 4090". :cry: - Or the 4070ti is vastly superior to the competition, "vastly" you say? looks at single digit differences for the most part :) I think it's fair to say that unless you are in the market at this price point, it's pretty crap.
Well the 4090 does make a lot more sense especially if you're on a 3000 series card, as a 3080 owner I could pay £850 for +18% more performance pay an extra £350 for + 50% or pay and extra £400 more for +100%

So for the first £850 I gain 18% while an additional £750 gains me another 82%.

Soldato
Nope, because most discussion was about the RTX4070TI on its own merits. I pointed out to you based on four technical areas it was poor. Then you tried to spin nobody cares about technical measurements. Now you are trying to make it a flame war with AMD.

Some of us have been around for a very long time on tech forums - me myself around 20 years. I have experienced people like Rollo back in the day so I know when people try spinning stuff.
And my very first post on this thread was that the 4070ti is a terrible product, but still much better than it's competition. That got the amd cult mad and I got 90 quotes and personal attacks trying to convince me otherwise. So it's pretty clear for anyone without glasses whos spinning what

Last edited:
Caporegime
And my very first post on this thread was that the 4070ti is a terrible product, but still much better than it's competition. That got the amd cult mad and I got 90 quoted and personal attacks trying to convince me otherwise. So it's pretty clear for anyone without glasses whos spinning what

No matter how bad i have to admit it is its also still always best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom