• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Firstly, I'm talking about multiple games, not just one. Secondly, it was about RT performance. Lastly if you only play Warzone 2 then you should only care about Warzone 2 performance and happily buy an AMD card - of course!

What does equally optimised even mean? We're talking about radically different architectures particularly as it relates to how they both handle RT. It's literally impossible that they could be "equally optimised". Moreover it would be your burden to prove how exactly these are "unequally optimised" when all these games are made with consoles in mind first, which have been on AMD-only hardware for over a decade now! Not only that but EVEN IF it were true that NV dominates cause of their sponsorships rather than its superior hardware, so what? It's still AMD's problem to solve (and an AMD customer's to suffer)! Ultimately as a regular PC user you can't choose who sponsors what, only what card you buy. So it's a big fat L for AMD regardless.

Besides, I can think of AMD sponsored titles where Nvidia still dominates like Riftbreaker or Deathloop. Or should we point out how FSR 2 was also faster on Ampere than RDNA 2? Then what's the excuse, Nvidia sponsored AMD to defeat itself? Or former console-only titles where even with a mild RT implementation Nvidia is clearly superior all the same (Miles Morales). Or a title like Metro Exodus EE where it HAD to be optimised for AMD because it had to run with RT at 60 fps even on consoles (as puny as the Series S, which is essentially an RX 580 w/ DX12 features).

Just accept RDNA is crap when RT is turned on to any significant extent, no need to deny reality because you like one corpo over the other. None of them give a **** about us anyway. Let's at least not spread falsehoods.

I8SUZzE.jpg RO8FUBs.jpg
Ww6lRvZ.jpg n5txkYH.jpg

Deathloop is not amd sponsored, it's vendor neutral, if it was amd sponsored in terms of "technical" sponsorship, it wouldn't have dlss nor reflex just like every other amd sponsored title: halo, riftbreaker, fc 6, godfall, se 5

Also, worth remembering that even though spiderman, metro ee etc. are nvidia "partnered/sponsored", the ray tracing implementation has not had any nvidia involvement i.e. it is not implemented using any of nvidias methods, cp 2077 and witcher 3 are examples where RT has been implemented with nvidias involvement, be that their development time or/and using their tools and tbf, rdna 3 does alright in them games so I don't think there is any real malicious shenanigans here.

Associate
Firstly, I'm talking about multiple games, not just one. Secondly, it was about RT performance. Lastly if you only play Warzone 2 then you should only care about Warzone 2 performance and happily buy an AMD card - of course!

You used a single game to showcase how the 4000 series is X% faster in RT and I used a single game to show that the AMD card is X% faster in Rasterisation. I was pointing out your flawed approach. Yes Nv has more powerful RT performance but do not just use Cyberjunk to show the difference , use all RT titles and then average it out because if you only use a single title to get an average then everybody else can do the same with other metrics.

Associate

What does equally optimised even mean? We're talking about radically different architectures particularly as it relates to how they both handle RT. It's literally impossible that they could be "equally optimised". Moreover it would be your burden to prove how exactly these are "unequally optimised" when all these games are made with consoles in mind first, which have been on AMD-only hardware for over a decade now! Not only that but EVEN IF it were true that NV dominates cause of their sponsorships rather than its superior hardware, so what? It's still AMD's problem to solve (and an AMD customer's to suffer)! Ultimately as a regular PC user you can't choose who sponsors what, only what card you buy. So it's a big fat L for AMD regardless.

Besides, I can think of AMD sponsored titles where Nvidia still dominates like Riftbreaker or Deathloop. Or should we point out how FSR 2 was also faster on Ampere than RDNA 2? Then what's the excuse, Nvidia sponsored AMD to defeat itself? Or former console-only titles where even with a mild RT implementation Nvidia is clearly superior all the same (Miles Morales). Or a title like Metro Exodus EE where it HAD to be optimised for AMD because it had to run with RT at 60 fps even on consoles (as puny as the Series S, which is essentially an RX 580 w/ DX12 features).

Just accept RDNA is crap when RT is turned on to any significant extent, no need to deny reality because you like one corpo over the other. None of them give a **** about us anyway. Let's at least not spread falsehoods.

I8SUZzE.jpg RO8FUBs.jpg
Ww6lRvZ.jpg n5txkYH.jpg
The gap is expected to widen further due to SER, perhaps it might get implemented in some of the existing RT titiles. Here' something i found while researching the topic. Its looks like a yawning gap for 7900xt, the 4070 ti is perhaps the better choice, but its close. Interesting to see how Nvidia has been tackling RT complexity

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
But,but the RTX4070TI is not too expensive,according to the PCMR cultists excuse makers.

:D

d91.gif

PMSL.

Could Nexus18 be a super-spreader? He's been looking a bit peaky since his 10GB 3080 aged like milk in Ray-Tracing.

:D

;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
The gap is expected to widen further due to SER, perhaps it might get implemented in some of the existing RT titiles. Here' something i found while researching the topic. Its looks like a yawning gap for 7900xt, the 4070 ti is perhaps the better choice, but its close. Interesting to see how Nvidia has been tackling RT complexity

Thanks for confirming so it is only portal so far with SER, I thought maybe witcher 3 had it too but appears not.

048v6IU.png

Will be interesting to see cp 2077 gains with SER.

You used a single game to showcase how the 4000 series is X% faster in RT and I used a single game to show that the AMD card is X% faster in Rasterisation. I was pointing out your flawed approach. Yes Nv has more powerful RT performance but do not just use Cyberjunk to show the difference , use all RT titles and then average it out because if you only use a single title to get an average then everybody else can do the same with other metrics.

Problem is, when we use any RT games at all, it always come down to one or all of the following:

- game is old, who still plays that
- game is ****, who on earth plays that
- game is sponsored by nvidia, not fair
- hardly any games have RT so who cares
- who on earth enables RT

Doesn't matter what game it is, it will be one of the excuses above. This mindset/narrative will only change when amd are beating nvidia, just as has been the case for everything else in the past.

Cyberpunk scales pretty well with amd and is performing as it should i.e. it more or less falls in line with the "average" performance of all RT games:

S5Dflis.png

d7x4Gh9.png

Cp 2077 is the pinnacle of RT effects and visuals, which will only be surpassed by atomic heart.

Personally I think metro ee is the best showcase of RT optimisation (to the point, even consoles are doing 60 fps with it....) but alas we don't get many titles like that, next one will be avatar due this year.

Last edited:
Associate
You mean to say you didn't enjoy this lively game world?! :eek:

0TGXLi0.jpg

2S9MyeG.jpg

b9W1kfS.jpg

P7Mtkc1.jpg

WVlP2iq.jpg

zXlGQBQ.gif
:cry:
Problem is, when we use any RT games at all, it always come down to one or all of the following:

Doesn't matter what game it is, it will be one of the excuses above.
Ah, yeah. Number 2.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Thanks for confirming so it is only portal so far with SER, I thought maybe witcher 3 had it too but appears not.

048v6IU.png

Doesn't matter what game it is, it will be one of the excuses above. This mindset/narrative will only change when amd are beating nvidia, just as has been the case for everything else in the past.

Cyberpunk scales pretty well with amd and is performing as it should i.e. it more or less falls in line with the "average" performance of all RT games:

S5Dflis.png

d7x4Gh9.png

Cp 2077 is the pinnacle of RT effects and visuals, which will only be surpassed by atomic heart.

Personally I think metro ee is the best showcase of RT optimisation (to the point, even consoles are doing 60 fps with it....) but alas we don't get many titles like that, next one will be avatar due this year.

Yep. Always excuses by the same lot. But the narrative would change fast if AMD is ever ahead on RT.

Associate

I've never disputed people having system issues, just that it's fine on my end :cry:

Game is **** though :)

vFryDVn.png

Soldato

048v6IU.png

So what you are saying is Ampere wasn't the pinnacle of RT performance on 11th October 2022,and Nvidia gimped it all these years? Now we have to pay a SERcharge so we can run it

The Way It's Meant To Be Pa....oops....Played!​

Also,I expect you also know,people have looked into the settings on Portal RTX and found you could change them to get much better performance on Ampere based cards. Definitely not Crysis 2!

chl-flag-paving-british-standard-p1_3_1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
So what you are saying is Ampere wasn't the pinnacle of RT performance on 11th October 2022,and Nvidia gimped it all these years? Now we have to pay a SERcharge so we can run it

Back when ampere launched it was the bees knees and the card was handling everything... apparently.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Apple should buy up Nvidia,it would be a match made in heaven for a few on here!
:p

Funnily I detest apple and their OS and industry methods (although do use a mac as it's much better suited for development than windows). Problem with apple is they just don't innovate or lead the market any more, instead they follow the trend/copy what android does but take years to do this, funnily just like when it comes to amd and lagging behind the market leader, maybe apple should buy amd :D Would actually probably be for the best as means they would at least be able to deliver quality hardware and good drivers from the get go, match made in heaven :D :cry:

Eh? Poor troll attempt?

Ampere and CP 2077 at the time was the pinnacle for RT for the past 2 years..... technology and optimisation evolves thus we now have 40xx and SER + game optimisations/improvements which = the new pinnacle instead of ampere/cp 2077 v1. AMDs goalposts seem to be to match 2 year old tech and games, see note above about apple and amd = match made in heaven :D

Last edited:
Soldato
4070ti is best for those who want better RT performance and will use DLSS as it's in a better place than FSR. Power requirements are lower, so less heat, less money for energy (not that it will matter for some), could not require a PSU change - in my case, I would have to change the PSU for a 7900xt. So could be significantly cheaper overall, depending on some factors. Probably will have problems at 4k since is more like a x60ti class card. Best for around 1440p, maybe a bit higher.

7900xt - > good at rasterization, plenty of vRAM for those in need, probably in rasterization will distance itself from competition at 4k.

Each to their own.

When it comes to optimizations, are you actually surprised that nvidia enjoys a better attention from devs? Do you think a console that holds about 10% market share, with a weaker hardware and IHV that says "he's some open, free stuff, good luck!" will get the same dedication and support in terms of optimization as the one that holds 90%, has a better hardware and bothers to help building the game? When the landscape is that one-sided it kinda pays to have your game cater for the bigger player including its own specific advantages/optimizations. And yes, there are cases where 7900xt is around 20-30% behind in RT and even 7900xtx comes 2nd. So place your bets as you see fit and get whatever card you like. Both are crappy priced. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
They are both **** poor and the best thing is to keep all of it on the shelf. I don't understand why FOMO is so strong,people have to find some way to salvage any release from tech companies?

What fear of missing out someone would feel in order to buy these? :D
You can get all the cards you want, they're not printing money anymore, just eating yours! :cry:

Caporegime
, with a weaker hardware and IHV that says "he's some open, free stuff, good luck!" will get the same dedication and support in terms of optimization as the one that holds 90%, has a better hardware and bothers to help building the game?

But but but didn't you know developers love to have no support or guidance on best practices etc.

:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom