• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
meanwhile ampere owners have been enjoying 7900xt(x) RT performance for the past 2 years and for cheaper *strokes £650 3080* ;) :)
That right here is the impressive part. Nvidia had a card that competes with amds offering that was 2 years down the future. Judging by history, the 4070ti is competing in RT performance with the 8900xt in 2025, LOL.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
choujeki-eating-popcorn.gif

Soldato
Such as? Please mention the single German shop in 1 town, the only place which has any RNDA cards with issues...... or please mention the MBA XTX vapour cooler, as the AIB cards are all working as intended....
Video playback power draw skyrocketing? Multimonitor issues, including but not exclusively power draw (check the 7900xtx thread, there are people having issues with multimonitors), issues with hdr not working, and the list goes on and on.

Caporegime
In fact, I never said the 70ti is better because it has more RT and will last longer. I said it's better cause it offers the same raster per dollar, 35 to 50% better RT, much better power draw, no issues with multimonitr and video playback power draw, and it's 10 to 15% cheaper. If that doesn't make it a better product I don't know what does anymore.

I don't know how long the 3080 will last in terms of RT, but I know it will last as long as the just released AMD offerrings, so yeah, that's pretty freaking impressive if you think about it.

Not to mention all the other issues with rdna 3 currently but hey, give it another few months and everyone can clap the charity company on about how great of a job they have done and call it "fine wine" :p :cry: :D

Such as? Please mention the single German shop in 1 town, the only place which has any RNDA cards with issues...... or please mention the MBA XTX vapour cooler, as the AIB cards are all working as intended....

Guessing you didn't read that article on the driver issues, it was only applicable to 6800/6900 ;) :cry:

But nope, the bigger issues being multiple other things:

Shall I link more? Or are they all shills? :D

Video playback power draw skyrocketing? Multimonitor issues, including but not exclusively power draw (check the 7900xtx thread, there are people having issues with multimonitors), issues with hdr not working, and the list goes on and on.

I've noticed in a few DC servers, people reporting issues with some video formats too.

But remember, when it comes to amd:

DrR2vEv.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I just stated my opinion, that the 4070ti is a superior card to it's competitor which is the XT.

You being sold a 60ti for £800+ now... that's basically what people are complaining about and fed up off.. This thread has become really boring with people defending this behaviour and people fighting the obvious.

Nvidia and AMD are both taking us for a ride this time... and so has Intel go see the comedy that is 13900KS 1-2% faster at a new silly price. $200 difference almost in usa for what you can get a 13900k. The UK prices of 13900k and ks are silly for both still but USA has an almost $200 price difference at some retailers with some of their deals.

UK hardware market is totally messed up and will remain that way while people keep buying and while we get ripped off these companies attract the USA market to buy on deals that we are paying for and giving them the chance to get cheaper hardware than us here in UK. You just have to look at micro centre and other retailers in USA to see the deals and best part even when the AMD cpus came out these same places were giving 32GB RAM free with cpus and motherboards for the new 7000 series cpus.

Anyways let you all get back to the ranting.

Soldato
In fact, I never said the 70ti is better because it has more RT and will last longer. I said it's better cause it offers the same raster per dollar, 35 to 50% better RT, much better power draw, no issues with multimonitr and video playback power draw, and it's 10 to 15% cheaper. If that doesn't make it a better product I don't know what does anymore.

I don't know how long the 3080 will last in terms of RT, but I know it will last as long as the just released AMD offerrings, so yeah, that's pretty freaking impressive if you think about it.

Well you literally have said the AMD cards will have a shorter lifespan,despite having higher rasterisation performance but worse RT performance. But most games still fall back to rasterised performance once the RT performance is not good enough. Path tracing is only being done on older games like Portal for a reason,because games will have hybrid effects especially as they need to be run on consoles also which have lower RT performance.

That is eventually where the RTX4070TI will head(and its slower than an RX7900XT in rasterised,looking at the reviews posted here).So what I am asking,how many years do you think this will be? Let's say under 40FPS is the point things starting getting dicey as you can use adaptive sync to help out. The AMD card will hit under the 40FPS mark quicker using your 50% figure. But eventually at some point the Nvidia card will become unplayable. Eventually both cards will have to fall back to rasterised performance.

So at this point I would like to know how many years "advantage" the RTX4070TI will have?

Just look at history of rdna 2 and ampere to see this.... Buying on day 1 with rdna 2, forget about rt gaming, meanwhile ampere owners have been enjoying 7900xt(x) RT performance for the past 2 years and for cheaper *strokes £650 3080* ;) :)

Seems you missed this part of my post too when it comes to rdna 3:

Also, I'm not defending any of the gpus and their pricing, I've stated many times how people are all being taken for a mug with pricing with the exception of maybe the 4090 given how far ahead it is. Here is my most recent quote of the many stating this:

So seems you're just making a mountain out of a molehill for the sake of it? :D

Funny thing is, RT performance/longevity is the least of rdna 3/amds concerns, there is so many other reasons to not buy amd over nvidia unless again, you only play cod and FC 6 :cry:

Well I have not had an AMD card for years either and AMD got greedy last year with Zen3 pricing and not selling reference dGPUs at RRP,so they could go and do one. £450+ for an RX6700XT - do another one AMD! :p

I just find it very weird how this thread went from anyone moaning about Nvidia upselling small dies to stupid money,to suddenly it's not so bad since AMD sucks at ray tracing. I literally pointed out how both companies have upsold the GPUs,and apparently nobody cares about this.

Also not sure where you think people can only play two games on AMD cards! Most of the gaming friends I have,have cards under £500 and TBH if only two games can run on the new AMD cards,it also means most people on Steam(including me) can't run games. But at the same time the RTX3050 costs more than an RX6600. Nothing can save an RTX3050!

You being sold a 60ti for £800+ now... that's basically what people are complaining about and fed up off.. This thread has become really boring with people defending this behaviour and people fighting the obvious.

Nvidia and AMD are both taking us for a ride this time... and so has Intel go see the comedy that is 13900KS 1-2% faster at a new silly price. $200 difference almost in usa for what you can get a 13900k. The UK prices of 13900k and ks are silly for both still but USA has an almost $200 price difference at some retailers with some of their deals.

UK hardware market is totally messed up and will remain that way while people keep buying and while we get ripped off these companies attract the USA market to buy on deals that we are paying for and giving them the chance to get cheaper hardware than us here in UK. You just have to look at micro centre and other retailers in USA to see the deals and best part even when the AMD cpus came out these same places were giving 32GB RAM free with cpus and motherboards for the new 7000 series cpus.

Anyways let you all get back to the ranting.

But it's all about relativism! Had the same with CPU pricing too.

Last edited:
Associate
The RDNA3 cards were certainly rushed out the door to get the xmas sales but I am running both RDNA2 and RDNA3 and have yet to blow either card up , not had overheating issues ,not had too high idle power or video playback issues. It was not a good release but the products are technically working perfectly well in most instances. The false claims of +70% performance and the outright lie of 50% better fps/watt did not help them either.

Most of the hate dumped upon the 7900XT was because of its price. It was 17% slower than the XTX but only 10% less money and that made it a worse value option. The pricing just makes no sense. AMD only ordered so many TSMC silicon wafers so maybe they think they can sell all the gpus they have ordered at the prices they are asking , they do not seem to worry about market share that much these days. As long as they keep in the game and get the next consoles I think they will be happy.

The huge problem with the entire gpu market is the broken price scaling. It is fine for the 4090 to be damned expensive product because it is the best. What we saw in the past was exponential price scaling where if you wanted 2x the performance you would have to pay 3x the money but the curve has flattened to almost a linear progression and if you want half the performance of the 4090 you have to pay half the money and that is going to destroy the value in the lower end products.

This thread is going round in circles and when the 4060 is released and is comparable in performance to a 3060ti but costs over £500 Nvidias evil plan will come to fruition. They will have a bunch of graphs highlighting DLSS 3 vs non DLSS performance to trick the uninformed and everyone who pays attention will go wow my 4070ti/4080/4090 and 7900xt/xtx are great value in comparison to a 4060. The worst is yet to come.

Associate
I actually never said that. Quite the contrary, I said the 7900xt without a doubt will be the better card 4-5 years down the line, but the question is, will anyone keep the card for that long to even matter?

I will keep my xtx that long. I will slap a waterblock on it and run the system for a good few years. I kept a 1080 for over 4 years and it was a great card but I need multiple systems now due to children playing games so they inherit old kit when I upgrade.

Soldato
Not to mention all the other issues with rdna 3 currently but hey, give it another few months and everyone can clap the charity company on about how great of a job they have done and call it "fine wine" :p :cry: :D

Shall I link more? Or are they all shills? :D

Only DF, Nvidia`s PR department.... nice you linked all the video reviews from the original thread though; so glad you support my argument (thank you)

i said MBA cards have problems and you supported that... AIB ones are working well ;)

Soldato

Shock horror - nice you ignore the thread about RTX 4090 power draw problems and out put issues - i`ll help you with that strawman. Latest drivers fix the playback and amd have acknowledged the power issue. Almost as if you expect perfect drivers from moment one (shhh dont go to reddit about the latest nv drivers then, you`ll be horrified)

Soldato
I actually never said that. Quite the contrary, I said the 7900xt without a doubt will be the better card 4-5 years down the line, but the question is, will anyone keep the card for that long to even matter?
Enthusiasts maybe not,but most of the gamers around me do. My last card,a GTX1080,lasted me nearly 5 years. Lot of my mates keep dGPUs for years.

The RDNA3 cards were certainly rushed out the door to get the xmas sales but I am running both RDNA2 and RDNA3 and have yet to blow either card up , not had overheating issues ,not had too high idle power or video playback issues. It was not a good release but the products are technically working perfectly well in most instances. The false claims of +70% performance and the outright lie of 50% better fps/watt did not help them either.

Most of the hate dumped upon the 7900XT was because of its price. It was 17% slower than the XTX but only 10% less money and that made it a worse value option. The pricing just makes no sense. AMD only ordered so many TSMC silicon wafers so maybe they think they can sell all the gpus they have ordered at the prices they are asking , they do not seem to worry about market share that much these days. As long as they keep in the game and get the next consoles I think they will be happy.

The huge problem with the entire gpu market is the broken price scaling. It is fine for the 4090 to be damned expensive product because it is the best. What we saw in the past was exponential price scaling where if you wanted 2x the performance you would have to pay 3x the money but the curve has flattened to almost a linear progression and if you want half the performance of the 4090 you have to pay half the money and that is going to destroy the value in the lower end products.

This thread is going round in circles and when the 4060 is released and is comparable in performance to a 3060ti but costs over £500 Nvidias evil plan will come to fruition. They will have a bunch of graphs highlighting DLSS 3 vs non DLSS performance to trick the uninformed and everyone who pays attention will go wow my 4070ti/4080/4090 and 7900xt/xtx are great value in comparison to a 4060. The worst is yet to come.

Yep,you get it. For people like me this generation is taking the mickey. Pretty much everyone I know thinks it's a cash grab.

RTX4050 laptops starting at $1000. It's literally become sort of unofficial pricing cartel between both companies. What's worse this is just going to cause mainstream performance improvements to stagnate. PCMR will blame consoles for holding back XYZ effects,but for many years I have blamed these companies,as it's getting worse and worse. I told you guys and now you see what is happening. Years ago we had awesome cards such as the Ti 4400,9500 PRO,6600GT,8800GT,HD4870,etc.

Longer term these companies are just going to cause harm to PC gaming.

Last edited:
Soldato
Shock horror - nice you ignore the thread about RTX 4090 power draw problems and out put issues - i`ll help you with that strawman. Latest drivers fix the playback and amd have acknowledged the power issue. Almost as if you expect perfect drivers from moment one (shhh dont go to reddit about the latest nv drivers then, you`ll be horrified)
Dont know what thread you talking about, I checked the 4000 series thread and all I could find was posts like this

Nice one. I'm so happy to be back in Nvidia camp. Not had one flickering display, black screen with driver time out or any other nonsense I got with the AMD card. Never again (probably).

:D

Soldato
Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I agree, but the insane part is, a 60ti at 800+ is still a better deal than what the competitor offers. LOL :D

Dont know what thread you talking about, I checked the 4000 series thread and all I could find was posts like this

:D

You just come off as an Nvidia fanboy with posts like this. Reminds me of AMD fanboys, going on and on and on about vram and using one crappy game and it's optional textures as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom