• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Wrong. The best RT implementation we have so far is Fortnite with it's Unreal Engine 5.1 and AMD performs just as good as Nvidia there. The future dominance of that engine seems to be off the charts with every noticeable project switching to it.

The constant PR onslaught Nvidia and their fans have been doing for years regarding RT has all been for nought. What a collosal waste of time and energy.
Indeed, see below.

once you enable hardware RT mode in fortnite, nvidia will pull ahead, especially if any of the graphical effects/features requiring hardware RT are enabled

Also, nvidia have been working very closely with UE so if developers use their methods, amd won't see many optimisations for their hardware:

See the red arrow.

5FJBS68l.jpg

I will see if I can dig up the frame-rate times at 1440p in Epic settings because the 4070ti has lower minimums at 1440p 38fps (4070ti) vs 49fps (7900XT) a difference of 23%.

Source: Daniel Owen https://youtu.be/q3fLCxFb8a0

Last edited:
Associate
The way some of you go on is like games are completely unplayable unless you play on maximum settings and have 144hz/360hz/VRAM/RT/Mods/Texture packs/etc and how does one cope as I'm sure theres a few games that even a 4090 has to adjust settings for.

8K gaming must frustrate the **** out of you being so unattaintable at maximum settings.

We are discussing a £800+ gpu. Should that not be an incredible product ? It does cost twice as much as a console you know.

The huge problem with the 4070ti being the price it is is the soon to come 4070 and 4060 that will be priced at £650 and then £500. Nv and AMD are manipulating the market to push products into new pricing tiers and then BANG they release the volume selling parts to maximise profits. The 4070ti pricing is all part of a plan and it is not in our best interests.

We are being ripped off and there is less value in gpus than previous gens.

8K gaming will never be a big thing. The industry will max out at 4k and the 8Kx2K super ultrawides with a half 8K resolution being the only sensible upgrade over 4K.

Caporegime
Indeed, see below.

See the red arrow.

5FJBS68l.jpg

I will see if I can dig up the frame-rate times at 1440p in Epic settings because the 4070ti has lower minimums at 1440p 38fps (4070ti) vs 49fps (7900XT) a difference of 23%.

I'm not really referring to the 4070ti here specifically, just in general when it comes to nvidia vs amd hardware, Alex from DF highlighted the differences in his twitter feed about when things like hit lighting are enabled, will link later.

To my knowledge, fortnite is also not using nvidias UE specific plugins/code for RT either, if it is, please link.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's funny to see people argue about minuscule raster differences. The reality on the ground when wanting to enjoy RT titles is so much more different. And this is just standard settings, never mind going into modifying the RT like for Doom Eternal where you can up the roughness threshold and see the reflections properly spread, same for Unreal titles where you can use the Unlocker etc. Let's not even start adding feature differences to the discussion, then it's an even worse showing for AMD.

oZ4joHc.jpg

Soldato
Someone asked for Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 4070ti/DLSS3.0/frame generation results, I found them here, you will have to use google translate as its German. I would wait for someone on the forum who plays the game to pipe up and verify but because it is a slow moving game, it looks like a perfect candidate for frame generation and things like that.

G J

G J

Associate
We are discussing a £800+ gpu. Should that not be an incredible product ? It does cost twice as much as a console you know.

The huge problem with the 4070ti being the price it is is the soon to come 4070 and 4060 that will be priced at £650 and then £500. Nv and AMD are manipulating the market to push products into new pricing tiers and then BANG they release the volume selling parts to maximise profits. The 4070ti pricing is all part of a plan and it is not in our best interests.

We are being ripped off and there is less value in gpus than previous gens.

8K gaming will never be a big thing. The industry will max out at 4k and the 8Kx2K super ultrawides with a half 8K resolution being the only sensible upgrade over 4K.
I'm in complete agreement with you but a lot of you are way too late now as there was people rasing concerns over the way pricing of gpus was going years ago and all these people was met with was mocking, stop being poor, get better jobs, muh inflation, stop complaining. I'll take a guess that a lot of the people that where mocking the people years ago now are saying something now that its effecting them and they are priced out of the market.

We also had years of fanboys/vendor reps complaing about how 1 company was the good guy and they need the money to compete with the evil nasty evil company and how we needed competetion and now this company is pretty much the same as the evil nasty company they stop complaining. We now have a situation where 2 companies that are a duoply with price fixing, such competetion much wow.

Last edited:
Associate
It's funny to see people argue about minuscule CYBERPUNK differences. The reality on the ground when wanting to enjoy CYBERPUNK is so much more different. And this is just standard settings, never mind going into A MODDED GAME DESIGNED TO WORK WITH THE MARKET LEADER NV where you can up the roughness threshold and see the reflections properly spread, same for Unreal titles where you can use the Unlocker etc. Let's not even start adding feature differences to the discussion, then it's an even worse showing for AMD.

oZ4joHc.jpg

There you go I have fixed your statement.

In Warzone 2 AMD crushes Nvidia so thats the only game that matters. Is that a fair assessment or have I cherry picked an individual result to best highlight the differnces ?

Caporegime
There you go I have fixed your statement.

In Warzone 2 AMD crushes Nvidia so thats the only game that matters. Is that a fair assessment or have I cherry picked an individual result to best highlight the differnces ?
Preach.

To add to this, Cyberpunk is Nvidia sponsored so it's really not a fair example. If you think the RT implementation is equally optimised for both vendors, you'd be mistaken. This should be obvious to anyone with a modicum of common sense. Regarding Warzone 2 however, that title is vendor neutral, despite the game performing better on AMD hardware. It also uses DLSS/FSR, although i would strongly recommend neither is used in that title as they are both bad.

Last edited:
Associate
To add to this, Cyberpunk is Nvidia sponsored so it's really not a fair example. If you think the RT implementation is equally optimised for both vendors, you'd be mistaken. This should be obvious to anyone with a modicum of common sense. Regarding Warzone 2 however, that title is vendor neutral, despite the game performing better on AMD hardware. It also uses DLSS/FSR, although i would strongly recommend neither is used in that title as they are both bad.
I think the amd solution doesn't scale well with rt intensity. Atleast that's what synthetic benchmarks suggest. There was a comment comparing the 2 cards on a pathtracing benchmark published by guru3d. Also Nvidia has included an additional fixed function block for alpha testing and there's this SER or something which is looking pretty elegant with the way it intends to scale through recursion. So both cards are performing in the same ballpark but looking at new info i think the 4070 ti is a better bet for rt

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think the amd solution doesn't scale well with rt intensity. Atleast that's what synthetic benchmarks suggest. There was a comment comparing the 2 cards on a pathtracing benchmark published by guru3d. Also Nvidia has included an additional fixed function block for alpha testing and there's this SER or something which is looking pretty elegant with the way it intends to scale through recursion. So both cards are performing in the same ballpark but looking at new info i think the 4070 ti is a better bet for rt

This.

AMD, more so RDNA 2 just can't cope with multiple RT effects and/or when high resolution for things like RT reflections are used. Multiple articles and DF very good in depth video covered this (would be good to get an up to date one of ada vs rdna 3), anyone who says otherwise is just in denial.

AMD are simply 1 generation behind nvidia in terms of RT but unless amd start to give it more attention I can see the gap widening as nvidia have invested a lot into drivers side and also with game engines and developers, amd are also too, they've made big gains in likes of quake rtx, suppose this is the norm for amd though "fine wine"...

RDNA 3 is basically matching ampere RT levels now, which is good as this is much more usable levels than what we had with RDNA 2.

I3IBhrk.png

Yu3nyCQ.png

Even when we look at only amd sponsored and vendor neutral RT titles (very little RT used), you can see amd lose somewhat against nvidia equivalents:​

cQMjWZJ.png

Ps. With regards to ser optimisations for Nvidia, as far as I know only one game has this, portal rtx. Maybe Witcher 3?

Last edited:
Associate
RDNA 3 is basically matching ampere RT levels now, which is good as this is much more usable levels than what we had with RDNA 2.

No no no absolutely not. Ampere was only amazing 3 months ago now it's a streaming pile of garbage and anything below the 4000 series is unacceptable

Well that's what people seem to be telling me now

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not really referring to the 4070ti here specifically, just in general when it comes to nvidia vs amd hardware, Alex from DF highlighted the differences in his twitter feed about when things like hit lighting are enabled, will link later.

To my knowledge, fortnite is also not using nvidias UE specific plugins/code for RT either, if it is, please link.

Digital Shilleries are the PR department of Nvidia at this point in time.

Caporegime
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom