• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Whats confusing you? A product is good or bad based on how much it costs and how it performs. So the XT doesnt have the edge on raster, cause it doesnt perform better based on its priced. It has the exact same raster per dollar.

An easy example is the 6700xt. It costs roundup the same (or even cheaper) than the 3060ti and its also faster in raster. So if you only care about raster performance, the 6700xt is the better card, hands down. That is ABSOLUTELY not the case with the XT. Its not better even if you only care about raster, its just more expensive.

Last edited:
Soldato
So that's a no then, we don't have anything more to go on than your word.

In fact, thanks to Besty we can see you were wrong, very much so. Because both times Nvidia made anywhere close to 60% profits were leading up to the cryptocurrency bubble in 2017 until it crashed towards the end of 2018, and again in 2020.

Once again, since you are making the choice to ignore the information presented

All the info is in that thread, as is the chart you have commented on clerly shows NV profits were 18 months before the last BTC bubble. Please note , ETH mining wasnt really a `thing` in early 2017 in the way it was last year. But knock yourself out.

Associate
See this is the problem, you call me a fanboy yet you claim the XT has the edge in raster, when factually that is not the case. Yes its faster
This quote confuses me. You state that it is factually incorrect that the XT has the edge in raster. Your very next sentence starts with "Yes, it's faster..."

Soldato
* shakes fist at miners *

A bit short sighted fella, you can dig a little deeper to find there is way more too it presently. In many industries corps work out how to make massive margins where possible. Somehow the lazy approach to crypto gets applied every time. You do realise in the early days around 2010 everything was CPU mining. Can you show me inflated margins in this era? Where is the graph to trend CPU's also follow this pattern? HDD mining is also a thing, people use storage capacity to earn, show me the information that trends with this, why are storage drives not in the same discussion?
Erm...
I suspect nothing short of Zeus coming down from Mt Olympus and telling them personally will convince the people who believe cryptocurrency is not what's pushed up the prices of GPUs, however while it's certainly not conclusive it's also no coincidence IMO. If you go further back to when cryptocurrency was not a thing, so before 2010, i think you'll find 10-30% profit margins (IIRC as my google-fu is letting me down on finding details that far back) were the norm.
Also many industries corps weren't related to the cryptocurrency booms so that's flawed logic, same as the CPU thing and the HDD thing and basically everything you said in the above.
You also have other machines that can do the job these days in the form of purpose built ASIC's. You have FPGA's also far better at making profits these were not a thing also going back yet they are here now. The rise in AI and heavy compute is also to blame regarding GPU's, smaller projects will snap up multiple units, universities and private industry will do the same. People wanting to learn and work in the field may buy multiple units for testing, you have guys like @Purgatory and his work colleagues buyiung up miltiple units for work. China buys these for their uses too which is why the US are trying to castrate them, all the facial recognition and data centres will soak up their fare share of units if they are now capable of doing the workload.
I never said you didn't and, again you're using flawed logic because purpose built ASIC's and FPGA's are way more expensive than GPU's, this really shouldn't need pointing out because unless you're trying to deny reality everyone knows huge numbers of GPUs were used to mine on.

I would address your other points but i suspect they're in the same vain as your other points, in the vain of not having read what you're replying too with a liberal application of logically flawed thinking.

Soldato
See this is the problem, you call me a fanboy yet you claim the XT has the edge in raster, when factually that is not the case. Yes its faster, but its also equally more expensive. Across europe the xt is around 12 to 14% more expensive. So even if you only care about raster, it offers very very similar performnace per dollar.

Thats like saying the 4080 is better than the XT cause its faster in raster. I mean sure it is, but its also a hell of a lot more expensive.

claim the XT has the edge in raster, when factually that is not the case. Yes its faster , lol thats funny and just seen you reply to that

I said my use case, Online gaming and I didnt say either was much better over the other unlike some coming out saying MUCH BETTER , I said slight edge for me would be going 7900xt purely because higher fps with online gaming yes it uses more power so its not clear cut and how you try to make it out its soo one sided

looking around UK retailers I see 4070ti cheapest at £848.99 and 7900xt at £889.99 both disgusting prices

Soldato
claim the XT has the edge in raster, when factually that is not the case. Yes its faster , lol thats funny and just seen you reply to that

I said my use case, Online gaming and I didnt say either was much better over the other unlike some coming out saying MUCH BETTER , I said slight edge for me would be going 7900xt purely because higher fps with online gaming yes it uses more power so its not clear cut and how you try to make it out its soo one sided

looking around UK retailers I see 4070ti cheapest at £848.99 and 7900xt at £889.99 both disgusting prices
Well okay then, why dont you prefer the 4080 since thats also faster in raster?

Soldato
Once again, since you are making the choice to ignore the information presented

All the info is in that thread, as is the chart you have commented on clerly shows NV profits were 18 months before the last BTC bubble. Please note , ETH mining wasnt really a `thing` in early 2017 in the way it was last year. But knock yourself out.
So like i said then, you can't link to anything that shows GPU designers were making 60% profits before Crypto took off.

Also how uninformed are you to think the only time there's been a cryptocurrency bubble is when Eth was a thing. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Soldato
Nvidia made massive bank on the last two mining booms. Also when both ended they had lots of unsold inventory. You had price adjustments upwards in Turing and Ada Lovelace,where they not only attempted to try sell of old stock at rrp or higher they also attempted to push pricing up to maintain the new higher margins. IIRC, in both cases Nvidia tried to spin that mining wasn't responsible.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't get all the whinging about the 7900 XT, it seems like a very capable card to me. AMD is still catching up, so expectations should be set accordingly.

It is a shame there is no cheaper 7900 variant, at least not yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
what the hell kind of statement is that its £1,249.99 thats the reason LOL you compare the 4080 with the 7900xtx if you looking at that kind of performance
Exactly, i agree, that's my point all along. The 4080 being faster than the XT is irrelevant, even if you only care about raster performance, because the card is more expensive.

Now apply the same logic to the XT. Yes it's faster than the 4070ti in raster, but - at least across the EU - its also 12 to 14% more expensive. So if you only care about raster, its not the better option, since they offer similar raster per dollar. Now i acknowledge, in the UK the prices are much closer, i have no idea why that is, but in EU you are saving at least 100 euros going for the 70ti

Associate
See this is the problem, you call me a fanboy yet you claim the XT has the edge in raster, when factually that is not the case. Yes its faster, but its also equally more expensive. Across europe the xt is around 12 to 14% more expensive. So even if you only care about raster, it offers very very similar performnace per dollar.

Thats like saying the 4080 is better than the XT cause its faster in raster. I mean sure it is, but its also a hell of a lot more expensive.

You really need to differntiate the between raw performance and fps/£. If we use your reasoning then then the 4090 does not have the edge over a 4070ti in raster because it does not offer more fps/£.

The xt is faster than the 4070ti in pure raster performance. This is a fact that can be measured and proven, this is a hard fact. Whether it offers better value than a different product is opinion and not fact. I believe the 4070ti is a technically better product and offers better value than the xt but that is my opinion and not fact

Soldato
If the 7900 XT drops in price, it will be a better option than the NV card in 90% of games. Nuff said?

The problem is that is using the top Navi31 die, so maybe they just can't produce enough yet?

Last edited:
Soldato
Seriously I'm starting to think this thread is being run by bots now as you have all repeated the same things many pages now. With the same facts and fiction.

It's up to who decides what to buy and when and if they can justify the cost. Reality lets wait and see the financial results from these companies in time and we all know how it's going to look. Geeze let's get back to the tech.

The tech is good we get that and the prices are bad end off really.

Last edited:
Soldato
You really need to differntiate the between raw performance and fps/£. If we use your reasoning then then the 4090 does not have the edge over a 4070ti in raster because it does not offer more fps/£.

The xt is faster than the 4070ti in pure raster performance. This is a fact that can be measured and proven, this is a hard fact. Whether it offers better value than a different product is opinion and not fact. I believe the 4070ti is a technically better product and offers better value than the xt but that is my opinion and not fact
Well yeah, the 4090 isnt the better product when it comes to raster. The same way the 3090 wasn't better than the 3080.

Soldato
Seriously I'm starting to think this thread is being run by bots now as you have all repeated the same things many pages now.
What do you mean? we're only on page 79 after about 10 days :cry:

Plenty more where that came from.

You're right though, most comments are from people venting about the price of new products.

Last edited:
Associate
Well yeah, the 4090 isnt the better product when it comes to raster. The same way the 3090 wasn't better than the 3080.

I am sorry dude. When most of us on here are talking about a better product we are refering to the raw performance with value not considered. I think this is why you come across as argumentative , people are not understanding your viewpoint because it just does not make sense without further explanation. You should make it clear you are referring to the value proposition of a product and not just the raw performance or it is just bonkers.

Soldato
So like i said then, you can't link to anything that shows GPU designers were making 60% profits before Crypto took off.

Also how uninformed are you to think the only time there's been a cryptocurrency bubble is when Eth was a thing. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Literally just did link it before GPU mining was a thing. Thank you for demonstrating (again) you have absolutely no understanding about Crypto, but have an opinion.

Soldato
really have no interest in this product or from AMD due to pricing , just when I read the statement the 4070ti is the much better product which I dont understand it is , both are actually pretty close imo with pro's and cons on both,

when someone says if you like raster why dont you prefer the 4080 ? like how do you come up with that ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom