• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You just come off as an Nvidia fanboy with posts like this. Reminds me of AMD fanboys, going on and on and on about vram and using one crappy game and it's optional textures as an example.

Get outta here with this neutral sensible stuff mate, we ain’t got time for it :p

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
This thread is going round in circles and when the 4060 is released and is comparable in performance to a 3060ti but costs over £500 Nvidias evil plan will come to fruition. They will have a bunch of graphs highlighting DLSS 3 vs non DLSS performance to trick the uninformed and everyone who pays attention will go wow my 4070ti/4080/4090 and 7900xt/xtx are great value in comparison to a 4060. The worst is yet to come.

It also seems to be working on the informed. :cry:

Soldato
Do we have anything more to go on than your word?

You even posted in the thread about Nvidia earnings yourself

So, erm, yeah. Poor trolling from you on this.

Soldato
You even posted in the thread about Nvidia earnings yourself

So, erm, yeah. Poor trolling from you on this.
Well these are all the posts I've made in that thread and unless I'm missing something none of them mention GPU designers making 60% profits before Crypto took off. Maybe you like to link to the specific post or better yet the actual evidence of them making 60% profits before Crypto took off, it shouldn't be too hard as it's public information.

Soldato
I agree, but the insane part is, a 60ti at 800+ is still a better deal than what the competitor offers. LOL :D

Disagree think both have pros and cons it's not one sided as you seem to make out , you just coming across as an Nvidia fanboy the statements you come out with its embarrassing

I wouldn't buy either of these but If I was held at gunpoint to buy I would probably give the edge to the 7900xt due to its faster raster as I mainly only play online RT isn't really big deal and you most likely need to use upscaling on both anyway

But the 4070ti uses less power so it ain't as straight forward

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes and its all in that thread i linked. Knocked yourself out
So that's a no then, we don't have anything more to go on than your word.

In fact, thanks to Besty we can see you were wrong, very much so. Because both times Nvidia made anywhere close to 60% profits were leading up to the cryptocurrency bubble in 2017 until it crashed towards the end of 2018, and again in 2020.

Soldato
Hmm.. I don't think that can conclusively explain the impact of crypto because Nvidia has also been rapidly increasing exposure to supercomputing, enterprise datacenters and prof workstation segments where they realize 5x (and more recently upto 10x) consumer segment price levels
I suspect nothing short of Zeus coming down from Mt Olympus and telling them personally will convince the people who believe cryptocurrency is not what's pushed up the prices of GPUs, however while it's certainly not conclusive it's also no coincidence IMO. If you go further back to when cryptocurrency was not a thing, so before 2010, i think you'll find 10-30% profit margins (IIRC as my google-fu is letting me down on finding details that far back) were the norm.

Associate

That is a horrendous graph for us, the consumers. They always say it costs a lot in RnD to develop these products but all of the RnD costs are built into their operating costs so those Gross Profits are after that is factored in.

I do not blame Nv or AMD for this , they are out to make a profit and as long as we are stupid enough to keep buying the products at the prices they are asking then more fool on us. Lets see what effect market forces have on the prices and profit margins once the gpu sales dry up in the later part of this year.

Soldato
I suspect nothing short of Zeus coming down from Mt Olympus and telling them personally will convince the people who believe cryptocurrency is not what's pushed up the prices of GPUs, however while it's certainly not conclusive it's also no coincidence IMO. If you go further back to when cryptocurrency was not a thing, so before 2010, i think you'll find 10-30% profit margins (IIRC as my google-fu is letting me down on finding details that far back) were the norm.
Over a billion dollars in write offs, and Nvidia for the second time in a row after a crypto bubble trying to jack up pricing is telling. People forgot that the generation which launched after the last crypto bubble was Turing.Nvidia got used to Pascal cards selling for way over RRP back then and had tons of excess inventory to shift too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Disagree think both have pros and cons it's not one sided as you seem to make out , you just coming across as an Nvidia fanboy the statements you come out with its embarrassing

I wouldn't buy either of these but If I was held at gunpoint to buy I would probably give the edge to the 7900xt due to its faster raster as I mainly only play online RT isn't really big deal and you most likely need to use upscaling on both anyway

But the 4070ti uses less power so it ain't as straight forward
See this is the problem, you call me a fanboy yet you claim the XT has the edge in raster, when factually that is not the case. Yes its faster, but its also equally more expensive. Across europe the xt is around 12 to 14% more expensive. So even if you only care about raster, it offers very very similar performnace per dollar.

Thats like saying the 4080 is better than the XT cause its faster in raster. I mean sure it is, but its also a hell of a lot more expensive.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
* shakes fist at miners *
Well GPU designers weren't making 60% profits before Crypto took off so....

A bit short sighted fella, you can dig a little deeper to find there is way more too it presently. In many industries corps work out how to make massive margins where possible. Somehow the lazy approach to crypto gets applied every time. You do realise in the early days around 2010 everything was CPU mining. Can you show me inflated margins in this era? Where is the graph to trend CPU's also follow this pattern? HDD mining is also a thing, people use storage capacity to earn, show me the information that trends with this, why are storage drives not in the same discussion?

You also have other machines that can do the job these days in the form of purpose built ASIC's. You have FPGA's also far better at making profits these were not a thing also going back yet they are here now. The rise in AI and heavy compute is also to blame regarding GPU's, smaller projects will snap up multiple units, universities and private industry will do the same. People wanting to learn and work in the field may buy multiple units for testing, you have guys like @Purgatory and his work colleagues buyiung up miltiple units for work. China buys these for their uses too which is why the US are trying to castrate them, all the facial recognition and data centres will soak up their fare share of units if they are now capable of doing the workload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom