• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Literally just did link it before GPU mining was a thing. Thank you for demonstrating (again) you have absolutely no understanding about Crypto, but have an opinion.
So let me get this right because obviously you've not cottoned on: When i said GPU designers weren't making 60% profits before Crypto took off and later expand on what date i was talking about when i said If you go further back to when cryptocurrency was not a thing, so before 2010.

Your answer to that is to post a thread that didn't even exist before 2015, a thread that didn't exist for a whole 5 years before the time frame being talked about.

Last edited:
Soldato
The 7900 XT is faster than all cards from previous generations in 4K and 1440p:

4K-p.webp

Yup, I'm reposting this cause people are arguing what seem like basic facts.

It is true that there isn't much in it between itself and the RTX 3090 TI, the gap is a bit wider at 1440p.

If you want RT buy an expensive RTX 4080 or 4090.

Or, enable framegen when they add support (will be able to do this on AMD or NV GPU).

Last edited:
Soldato
I am sorry dude. When most of us on here are talking about a better product we are refering to the raw performance with value not considered. I think this is why you come across as argumentative , people are not understanding your viewpoint because it just does not make sense without further explanation. You should make it clear you are referring to the value proposition of a product and not just the raw performance or it is just bonkers.
Well if value isnt part of the context then why is everyone crying about the 4070ti? Its a great card right? That is until you look at the price.

Soldato
So let me get this right because obviously you've not cottoned on: When i said GPU designers weren't making 60% profits before Crypto took off and later expand on what date i was talking about when i said If you go further back to when cryptocurrency was not a thing, so before 2010.

Your answer to that is to post a thread that didn't even exist before 2015, a thread that didn't exist for a whole 5 years before the time frame being talked about.

No you got it wrong. As usual. Early 2017 was the first time Nv went above 60% - please pay attention to the 56%+ profit they were making in 2016. All before gpu ETH was a thing. Thats the part you are , again, choosing to ignore with your strawman. Nvidia were making 56% profit as far back as 2014. Keep blaming the miners :D

Soldato
The 7900 XT is faster than all cards from previous generations in 4K and 1440p:

4K-p.webp

Yup, I'm reposting this cause people are arguing what seem like basic facts.

If you want RT buy an expensive RTX 4080 or 4090.
Well okay then, why dont you prefer the 4080 since thats also faster in raster?

if I liked the raster of the 7900xt when it was debate about 4070ti and 7900xt

Last edited:
Soldato
I was told to get the 4080 if I liked the raster of the 7900xt when it was debate about 4070ti and 7900xt
I think you missed the point of why I told you to get the 4080. It was a silly suggestion highlighting the problem with the XT. Being faster in raster is meaningless when the product is more expensive.

Soldato
I think it's inconsistent to say that simply matching last gen's RT is unacceptable....and then say that matching last gen's price/performance makes the 4070Ti acceptable.

New tech is supposed to be meaningfully better than old tech.

I don't think anyone is saying matching last year's price/perf is acceptable. That doesn't mean you shouldn't buy them. If they weren't released at all, you'd have to buy the older cards with older features.

Soldato
Over 2 years down the line, it hardly looks good against competition does it.

Imagine if AMD or Intel always released processors 2 years behind their competitors. I don't think they would be defended like AMD are here.
Imagine the new 7800x 3d barely matching the 2 years old 10900k in gaming performance. Thats what they are defending right now

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Erm...

Also many industries corps weren't related to the cryptocurrency booms so that's flawed logic, same as the CPU thing and the HDD thing and basically everything you said in the above.

I never said you didn't and, again you're using flawed logic because purpose built ASIC's and FPGA's are way more expensive than GPU's, this really shouldn't need pointing out because unless you're trying to deny reality everyone knows huge numbers of GPUs were used to mine on.

I would address your other points but i suspect they're in the same vain as your other points, in the vain of not having read what you're replying too with a liberal application of logically flawed thinking.

So I am flawed and you mention uninformed a lot yet I don't see any information from your end. If your going to sound off like you digest and want to discuss then try not to dismiss others opinions as guff just because they differ from your own. My point isn't that GPU are not used for mining, obviously they are (like cpu's) but the day of them being the way to make bank is gone over the past four or five cycles before it - hence why people really doing the mining are not using gpu's as I mentioned which you dismissed readily. My observation is just as they were swift in rising in price, they should be just as swift in falling in price when amd/nvidia cannot shift them. As the current gen release has no crypto boom to be the scapegoat the only flaw in the argument is mining being the problem with the prices right now. It lies squarely on the vendors overcharging for a component (and people handing their money over for them).

Soldato
No you got it wrong. As usual. Early 2017 was the first time Nv went above 60% - please pay attention to the 56%+ profit they were making in 2016. All before gpu ETH was a thing. Thats the part you are , again, choosing to ignore with your strawman. Nvidia were making 56% profit as far back as 2014. Keep blaming the miners :D
Yea because Cryptocurrencies didn't exist before Eth according to you, give me a break, you were just as bad with reading comprehension on the Hexus forums, you've learnt nothing.
So I am flawed and you mention uninformed a lot yet I don't see any information from your end.
What information would you like honey bun. :D What I've already posted pretty much covers it, maybe you'd like to try reading it before replying next time.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't get all the whinging about the 7900 XT, it seems like a very capable card to me. AMD is still catching up, so expectations should be set accordingly.

It is a shame there is no cheaper 7900 variant, at least not yet.

The hardware is fine. The problem is the price. It should not be a penny more than £600. AMD taking the biscuit.

Soldato
The hardware is fine. The problem is the price. It should not be a penny more than £600. AMD taking the biscuit.

Ignoring the whole cards are more expensive this gen argument.

It just needed to be $800 in the first place. I can't see how it was acceptable to be only $100 below the 7900XTX unless they knew the latter would never in reality be $999.

What's then happened is they've given the space for nvidia to undercut them on launch. The 7900xtx was positioned correctly at $200 below the 4080 and look how it is selling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom