• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
its a separate requirement for people more interested in how the bloody thing actually performs in various permutations..
maybe not an owners thread but a place where you could focus on the features and perf in a more exclusive manner

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Is there a 4070Ti owners thread?

Just read back you mention this, yeah hopefully Kaap or someone will mimic the format of the others. As the thread is what do you think, you can't complain if people put their opinions about it on here lol.

To be fair, the thread has not gone off topic that much, people are giving their 50p on what they think about it.

The bickering earlier in the thread was akin to two away fan supporters walking into the home-end boozer after the game on match-day and describing to everyone how their team beat the crap out of everyone else when it was in-fact a 0-0.

:cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
i could see noticeable stutter with framegen off in witcher 3, it seems to be a tradeoff of sorts. i am using an old processor though (5800x3d)
but still interested in knowing the 4070 ti experience
i havent actually ever played a msfs game, so its going to be a completely new experience for me
A 5800x3D CPU is not old and right up there with some of the best cpus available. Scary to see such things said about a recent cpu and even new cpus are not much better.

Last edited:
Soldato
i could see noticeable stutter with framegen off in witcher 3, it seems to be a tradeoff of sorts. i am using an old processor though (5800x3d)
but still interested in knowing the 4070 ti experience
i havent actually ever played a msfs game, so its going to be a completely new experience for me
The game is buggy that's why it stutters. Try lowering textures from ultra + to Ultra or something. It worked for me.

Soldato
Screenshot-424.png

Screenshot-425.png
Screenshot-426.png

Soldato
The quote from Nvidia was meant to show that all rtx cards are supported where possible and they won't necessarily drop the improvements as you suggested . If dlss3 could run well or not on ada we just don't know, just as we don't know why turing didn't received the upscaling for video playback - aka dlss for video.
Moreover, the test was to show that the card cab still perform decently after all these years and hasn't been gimped in preparation for Ada's launch.

SER, from my understanding, is a specific optimization for Ada. Doesn't mean you don't optimize your game, just that you can do a bit extra for a very THIN slice of potential gamers. For that small number of potential customers, I don't see a lot of studios line up to show the middle finger to the rest of the market.

Performance mode is not weakest, that's ultra performance. Performance is decent now compared to where it was at launch and I think is quite better than quality mode in crysis remaster :))

You say that but with the tessellation wars,we saw what happened to Kepler owners when Nvidia pushed certain effects which used a huge amount of tessellation. I certainly attest to that as I owned mainstream dGPUs from the HD7000 series,GTX600 series and GTX900 series(HD7850,GTX660 and GTX960).Kepler was much better than the HD7000 series once you ramped it up:

But when certain games such as The Witcher 3 came out,this happened and Kepler literally fell to the same level as the AMD 7000 series:

Look at how the Kepler dGPUs are just bad as the AMD ones in the game,and this was barely 6~8 months after Maxwell was released and most Nvidia owners were probably still on Kepler! Maxwell was a decent departure from Kepler in certain aspects of the design IIRC,but because of the further improvements in tessellation capability,new added hardware features and the driver efforts moving towards optimising Maxwell tessellation performance the advantage it used to have fell away. Also,AMD actually allowed you to manually change tessellation levels in the drivers,so there was the weird scenario of AMD 7000 series dGPU owners,being able to reduce tessellation and end up with better gaming performance with these effects active than Kepler owners. CDPR ended up having to introduce a tessellation slider into the game to help Kepler to redress things. Not all games devs bother to do this. Then when you had Pascal,it was an evolved version of Maxwell,so AFAIK most of the driver improvements for Pascal also helped Maxwell(outside the DX12 ASync Compute Load Balancing improvements). Now the question is the RTX5000 series an evolution of the RTX4000 series or something new? Ultimately Nvidia is in the business of selling cards,and game sponsorships,from either Nvidia or AMD are there to sell new cards. This is why I am not surprised if one companies cards are worse in a sponsored game,or a newer generation does so much better than expected than the previous one especially if millions of USD are involved.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why do I keep coming back and reading the pages of new posts in this thread??? Must be some kind of strange compulsion. Does anyone actually own a 4070ti?

Well, someone must have bought one, there was ranty kid somewhere on the forum looking for purchase validation (and not getting it) maybe he bought one?

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Looks like the RTX4080 and RTX4090 are the true generational increases in RT peformance! Shame the RTX4080 wasn't released at sub £700 like the RTX3080 was! Wonder how it will look in 12 months though?!

Massive list/street price increases with way less performance to price. Its not justifiable for any of the flavours when presented as simple as that.

Soldato
Massive list/street price increases with way less performance to price. Its not justifiable for any of the flavours when presented as simple as that.
Agreed,and both are feeding off each other now. Digusting new generation dGPU and CPU pricing all-round. In the past we had great releases such as the HD4000 series and 8800GT which shook up the market. Now the accountants are involved,the more you buy,the more you save! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Really? Im in for this trade. Are you serious or joking? I have a gamerock OC 3090 passed down to my brother, im sure he will appreciate a free upgrade to a 4070ti.
Tell you what, save me the bother and buy yourself a new 4070Ti and send me the difference between what you buy and what your brother paid for the 3090. What's that, something like £2k?
He dug himself a hole trying to be clever, and never admitted it.
Or he was being facetious to drive a point home.

A point that seemingly, despite great effort, still hasn't sunk in.

Associate
SER, from my understanding, is a specific optimization for Ada. Doesn't mean you don't optimize your game, just that you can do a bit extra for a very THIN slice of potential gamers. For that small number of potential customers, I don't see a lot of studios line up to show the middle finger to the rest of the market.

This happens all the time. Nvidia just pay certain developers to push certain features to a level only particular Nv cards can reach and because all other cards than X perform terribly and they then use it in all marketing.

Apple " allegedly" also did this in the past with IOS. They would update IOS so that their older chips were destroyed by unneeded animations that stressed a very particular part of the APU that only the newer chips could handle.

If you did not realise this was what was happening in the industry over the past 20 years then you have not been paying attention. Shadows , Pixelshaders, Tesselation and now RT have all be showcased in certain games that the developers made damn sure would run better on certain tech than others. They do not care about alienating the majority of gamers because they were being paid to develop the game so that it would only run well on certain hardware.

Soldato
Tell you what, save me the bother and buy yourself a new 4070Ti and send me the difference between what you buy and what your brother paid for the 3090. What's that, something like £2k?
So you keep digging a bigger hole ;)

What you just said just annihilates your position. So not only is the 4070ti a better card, it has a way lower price than what the 3090 had.

My brother didn't pay anything, I gave it to him for free

Soldato
So you keep digging a bigger hole ;)

What you just said just annihilates your position. So not only is the 4070ti a better card, it has a way lower price than what the 3090 had.

My brother didn't pay anything, I gave it to him for free
What hole, muon said...
You don't get performance for free.
Something that's been proven, like i said, by the last 50 years of IC manufacturing to not be true.

And something that as i pointed out...
e: Oh and before you say it the reason i didn't address that specific point is because that point is you moving the goal post after someone took issue with what you said, that's you saying you don't get free performance and when someone proves you wrong you change it to free upgrades rather than admit you were wrong.

Feel free to tell everyone how spending the same amount of money today that a GeForce GTX 295 cost doesn't get you free performance though.

e: Although i have to say i do find the 'you have to pay more for more performance' crowd funny, it's like they want someone to take advantage of them. Maybe it's a Pavlov's dog sort of thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom